Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Make the Pika Network an actual NETWORK and solve part of your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Minecraft Username
Old_Prophet

Suggestion:
Make the Pika Network an actual NETWORK and solve part of your problems.

Detailed description:
So a network is a series of connected operations that share information right ? The Pika Network however is just a network in name, it does not operate like a real network. There is a Forum, a Game Server and a Discord Server, and there is barely any information exchange between the three of them. Not even the most basic information is shared.

So let's start there, and solve some of the problems Pika is currently facing.

Question: Why can my IGN be SteroidRat345 and my forum name L_G ?

If you force people to have the same forum name as in-game name, you have a lot more control over what is happening on your server. You can make a verified login that checks if the person is logged in on your forum, before they can login on the game server for example. You can check on how many alts this specific person creates. There won't be people that create more then 7 alts if you do it right. As you now only take Whitelist request from the forums, you know exactly who is requesting for whitelisting and who is messing around.

Of course this requires a complete reset of the forum user database and some thinking about how to do this and a little development. But doing nothing, and just more of the same is definitely NOT going to help.

Reason(s):
You know all the reasons. Just because something is a lot of work, does not mean you should not do it. Yes it is new, it is something different, it is a big change. But it WILL get results, and therefore it is worth it. If it takes 1/2 a year or a year preparation, who cares?

You know you need more tools to protect your server, i'm giving you one.

Last edited:

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
IGN
EA0_2_0_8_
Does that mean that a forum account would be required for the ability to login onto the server? This seems rather unfriendly to english noobs and in general to people that just want to try out a new server.

I would see more in a awefully long "tuturial" that was at the same time a bot check for that game mode or only allowing people onto select servers after reaching certain achievements on some of the others.
If people trying out server, will they come forum immediately? moreover, this suggestion is to better limit the account of single player and his name.
For example like me, my ign is EA0_2_0_8_ but my forum name is 0208. Is that good for the server? dont think so. This suggestion base is good. But still there are some buggy place need to improve. Dev will have their mind if they really make a forum update, surely, this may attract more players to be on forum.

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
yes,
Does that mean that a forum account would be required for the ability to login onto the server? This seems rather unfriendly to english noobs and in general to people that just want to try out a new server.

Yes, that is exactly what it would mean. Non english noobs, bad luck. The server is english requires anyway, so that would save a lot of disappointment in permamutes for non-english language.

I would see more in a awefully long "tuturial" that was at the same time a bot check for that game mode or only allowing people onto select servers after reaching certain achievements on some of the others.

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
People should be directed to the forum first anyway. Because that is where the rules are that they need to agree with BEFORE they start playing on the server. That is exactly the source of all evil......
1 you make an account,
2 you agree with the rules
3 you can start playing.

THAT should be the order...... nothing else.

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
of course there are cons against this idea. But there are cons against every idea. The pro's are that you have a lot more control over the player base, a lot more insight in your player base, you can force players to read new rules before login so they can never say 'the did not know', you can ban players from the forums and server at the same time if necessary,

RaVo

Legendary Pika
of course there are cons against this idea. But there are cons against every idea. The pro's are that you have a lot more control over the player base, a lot more insight in your player base, you can force players to read new rules before login so they can never say 'the did not know', you can ban players from the forums and server at the same time if necessary,
Well that is certainly true, however I would have never joined for the long therm if this was the case. (I was once banned for portal trapping, but I was unable to defend my self back then due to my poor english.) This would certainly solve some of that but would you really want to only allow those that understand english? That seems to me like a forcing allot of players that would have learned english to just instead quit.

Also pika is a rather ez server, it doesnt attract hardcore plaeyers. Many servers profit from players entering just once and then staying. With the new system they may well decide to never join at all.

I like connecting the forumes to the ign though, I just dont think that it needs to be forced.

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Well that is certainly true, however I would have never joined for the long therm if this was the case. (I was once banned for portal trapping, but I was unable to defend my self back then due to my poor english.) This would certainly solve some of that but would you really want to only allow those that understand english? That seems to me like a forcing allot of players that would have learned english to just instead quit.

Also pika is a rather ez server, it doesnt attract hardcore plaeyers. Many servers profit from players entering just once and then staying. With the new system they may well decide to never join at all.

I like connecting the forumes to the ign though, I just dont think that it needs to be forced.

I don't see the problem in setting up a multi langual join portal...... IT's just a website that needs to be translated into 24 languages and rules don't need ot be translated as i see it. If they don't understand the rules, they should not join........ at least that is my point of view.

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey Old_Prophet,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
Unfortunately, we do not think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. So we will be denying your suggestion​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
IGN
EA0_2_0_8_
Hey Old_Prophet,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
Unfortunately, we do not think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. So we will be denying your suggestion​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0
Rip

Status
Not open for further replies.