Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Make the Pika Network an actual NETWORK and solve part of your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Minecraft Username
Old_Prophet

Suggestion:
Make the Pika Network an actual NETWORK and solve part of your problems.

Detailed description:
So a network is a series of connected operations that share information right ? The Pika Network however is just a network in name, it does not operate like a real network. There is a Forum, a Game Server and a Discord Server, and there is barely any information exchange between the three of them. Not even the most basic information is shared.

So let's start there, and solve some of the problems Pika is currently facing.

Question: Why can my IGN be SteroidRat345 and my forum name L_G ?

If you force people to have the same forum name as in-game name, you have a lot more control over what is happening on your server. You can make a verified login that checks if the person is logged in on your forum, before they can login on the game server for example. You can check on how many alts this specific person creates. There won't be people that create more then 7 alts if you do it right. As you now only take Whitelist request from the forums, you know exactly who is requesting for whitelisting and who is messing around.

Of course this requires a complete reset of the forum user database and some thinking about how to do this and a little development. But doing nothing, and just more of the same is definitely NOT going to help.

Reason(s):
You know all the reasons. Just because something is a lot of work, does not mean you should not do it. Yes it is new, it is something different, it is a big change. But it WILL get results, and therefore it is worth it. If it takes 1/2 a year or a year preparation, who cares?

You know you need more tools to protect your server, i'm giving you one.

Last edited:

Oh_Itz_Sahil

Ultimate Legendary Pika
+1 but im sure this is very difficult to implement and should've been implemented before.

Skenk

Pika Member
+1 on this.

As stated above It'll be difficult and time consuming to implement, but add a short time period with a small incentive (unsure what this could be maybe an IG currency voucher or something?)

But I totally agree with Unifying the forums, in game and discord. It would make certain issues easier to deal and streamline certain processes (such as being informed of a staff decision on discord awell as on the forums)

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
[BGCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]+1[/BGCOLOR]why not implement this tho?

Good afternoon,

TeKkaTi

Veteran
+1
It'll be a great initiative if taken also it will avoid some of the spam messages you get on some threads .

RaVo

Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username
Old_Prophet

Suggestion:
Make the Pika Network an actual NETWORK and solve part of your problems.

Detailed description:
So a network is a series of connected operations that share information right ? The Pika Network however is just a network in name, it does not operate like a real network. There is a Forum, a Game Server and a Discord Server, and there is barely any information exchange between the three of them. Not even the most basic information is shared.

So let's start there, and solve some of the problems Pika is currently facing.

Question: Why can my IGN be SteroidRat345 and my forum name L_G ?

If you force people to have the same forum name as in-game name, you have a lot more control over what is happening on your server. You can make a verified login that checks if the person is logged in on your forum, before they can login on the game server for example. You can check on how many alts this specific person creates. There won't be people that create more then 7 alts if you do it right. As you now only take Whitelist request from the forums, you know exactly who is requesting for whitelisting and who is messing around.

Of course this requires a complete reset of the forum user database and some thinking about how to do this and a little development. But doing nothing, and just more of the same is definitely NOT going to help.

Reason(s):
You know all the reasons. Just because something is a lot of work, does not mean you should not do it. Yes it is new, it is something different, it is a big change. But it WILL get results, and therefore it is worth it. If it takes 1/2 a year or a year preparation, who cares?

You know you need more tools to protect your server, i'm giving you one.
How can there be alts when your username has to be your forum name? Would you have to create a new forum account for every alt? If not what does this solve?

I dont know what you mean by whitelists exactly but Pika needs to be approachable, having to register on the forum before being able to login is not likely to work well at all.

It might make sense the other way around. Only give players the abbility to create a forum account when there ingame character has reached certain extremely basic achievements. However this doesnt really solve a major problem and could make the forums even less of an active place.

*(Everyone is so positive so I feel like I am misreading this)

Disaalt

The Pika
How can there be alts when your username has to be your forum name? Would you have to create a new forum account for every alt? If not what does this solve?

I dont know what you mean by whitelists exactly but Pika needs to be approachable, having to register on the forum before being able to login is not likely to work well at all.

It might make sense the other way around. Only give players the abbility to create a forum account when there ingame character has reached certain extremely basic achievements. However this doesnt really solve a major problem and could make the forums even less of an active place.

*(Everyone is so positive so I feel like I am misreading this)
you have a point.

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
@zMoxxy steroidRat345 stole my stash :)
@RaVo. It is illegal to create more then one account on the forum. That is exactly the point. So to every regesterd account on the forum, there can be 7 alts. They are all registered under the same IP. So if your main is SteroidRat345, and one of your alts is SteroidRat123 SteroidRat345 needs to be logged in to the forum under the same IP address to allow 123 access to the servers. It could even be made so the it is just checked that 123 logs in under the same ip-address as 345 has logged in last time. And if not, it will be considered a bot and a request for access bypass bot-filter needs to be filed.

login:

compare ip-address with ip-address in forum

ip-address = valid
login granted

ip-address = invalid
login denied
request bot-filter bypass

Last edited:

RaVo

Legendary Pika
@zMoxxy steroidRat345 stole my stash :)
@RaVo. It is illegal to create more then one account on the forum. That is exactly the point. So to every registered account on the forum, there can be 7 alts. They are all registered under the same IP. So if your main is SteroidRat345, and one of your alts is SteroidRat123 SteroidRat345 needs to be logged in to the forum under the same IP address to allow 123 access to the servers. It could even be made so the it is just checked that 123 logs in under the same ip-address as 345 has logged in last time. And if not, it will be considered a bot and a request for access bypass bot-filter needs to be filed.

login:

compare ip-address with ip-address in forum

ip-address = valid
login granted

ip-address = invalid
login denied
request bot-filter bypass
Is this an extra level of bot filtering, that is verifying the accounts that are extremely likely to be a player? Whats the problem now though? Do people get denied acces by the bot filter allot?

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
The idea is to limit the nr of accounts to actually 8 per player, and not have players with 20+ accounts. Also to not have players in game that will have an alt over vpn that they will be hacking on, as that means they will first have to create an extra account on the website, which is a lot more unlikely that they will do that. It may even be an idea to make it so that an account on the website needs to be at least a certain age before an account could be created on the server to prevent such things from happening, or make it at least less likely to happen.

RaVo

Legendary Pika
Does that mean that a forum account would be required for the ability to login onto the server? This seems rather unfriendly to english noobs and in general to people that just want to try out a new server.

I would see more in a awefully long "tuturial" that was at the same time a bot check for that game mode or only allowing people onto select servers after reaching certain achievements on some of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.