Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Practice Make queue times faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unawarely

The Pika
Minecraft Username
momo250

Suggestion:
Make queue times faster.

Detailed description:
It takes a while to queue once you get to a certain elo. There are 2 fixes that need to happen.

#1: The elo searcher should move up by 10 every 2 seconds instead of 50 every 10 seconds, to make queuing faster.
#2: When you queue, the searching system is bugged. If I am a 1200 and I search for 1 minute, and it gets to the point that it searches for any elo range, I should instantly queue anyone who queues the same ladder as me. However, it is bugged so that both players have to be searching into the other person's elo, rather then if 1 person searches into someone else's elo, they instantly queue.​

Reason(s):
Improve competitiveness, make it more fun, make queue times faster.​

Example(s):
N/A

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
The point of elo is that everyone duels eachother and the elo you average at is your skill
That isnt how it should work, that means someone that lost each ranked game can fight someone that didnt lose one at ranked. look at each other game elo is there aswell to show how good you are, and to get fair fights. best examples for that are rocket league, rainbow six siege, league of legends.

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
The point of elo is that everyone duels eachother and the elo you average at is your skill
eeh. No. that isnt true. i can give you tons of examples rn.

Messi vs you in soccer.

1200 elo vs 1000 elo. same thing. still fair hmm?

OP
OP
Unawarely

Unawarely

The Pika
eeh. No. that isnt true. i can give you tons of examples rn.

Messi vs you in soccer.

1200 elo vs 1000 elo. same thing. still fair hmm?
Yes it's fair, I would lose but I just have to get better, and I'l regain the elo when I 1v1 people at my skill level

OP
OP
Unawarely

Unawarely

The Pika
Then we see the word "fair" a different way.
Ok, to me, fair doesn't mean the fight will be 0-0 no matter what. It means that both players agreed on the place, conditions, etc. Only thing that seperates them is skill level. Connecting back to the thread about heart indicators, bringing heart indicators is comporable to bringing glue to put on your goalie gloves.

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
Ok, to me, fair doesn't mean the fight will be 0-0 no matter what. It means that both players agreed on the place, conditions, etc. Only thing that seperates them is skill level. Connecting back to the thread about heart indicators, bringing heart indicators is comporable to bringing glue to put on your goalie gloves.
I dont know why you going back to the thread of "heart indicator" im talking here about THIS suggestion. So stop going back to that thread ever again. Behave as a adult, how a staffmember should be. Focus on 1 pont, and not randomly connecting items. And that is this suggestion.
If something is automatic it doesnt mean "that both players agreed on the place" . skill level will say enough of a player.

OP
OP
Unawarely

Unawarely

The Pika
I dont know why you going back to the thread of "heart indicator" im talking here about THIS suggestion. So stop going back to that thread ever again. Behave as a adult, how a staffmember should be. Focus on 1 pont, and not randomly connecting items. And that is this suggestion.
If something is automatic it doesnt mean "that both players agreed on the place" . skill level will say enough of a player.
If you're queueing ranked, you do know the place and the kit and setup because you played 10 rankedm atches. I connected back to the thread because I was trying to put the soccer analogy into what it would look like for pika. If you want to tell someone to be mature, don't tell them to be an adult, tell them to be mature.

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
If you're queueing ranked, you do know the place and the kit and setup because you played 10 rankedm atches. I connected back to the thread because I was trying to put the soccer analogy into what it would look like for pika. If you want to tell someone to be mature, don't tell them to be an adult, tell them to be mature.
I told to be a adult since you are just behaving childish. What i dont expect from a trial. also 10 ranked matches with also a little bit more as 1000 elo vs a 1200 elo that won more as 30 matches on 1 single mode is a bigg different. And this thread just should be closed. it got suggested/denied already.

OP
OP
Unawarely

Unawarely

The Pika
I told to be a adult since you are just behaving childish. What i dont expect from a trial. also 10 ranked matches with also a little bit more as 1000 elo vs a 1200 elo that won more as 30 matches on 1 single mode is a bigg different. And this thread just should be closed. it got suggested/denied already.
If you think I'm behaving childish it's because I'm a child and that makes sense. 10 ranked matches lets you know how the kit works and makes sure you're not a random bhopper before you play ranked. If everyone is the same skill level, it's not fun. When the 1k duels the 1200, the 1k will lose literally 3 elo and the 1200 will gain 3 elo. Then, hopefully the 1k elo gets better and duels other people including 1200s and slowly can compete with the 1200 which is the entire idea of practice and ranked/unranked.

Pokefyre

Pika Lover
this is pointless because the solution to this is to just be patient

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
ELO is supposed to indicate someone's skill, not someone's grinding time. If this gets implemented, ranked is basically going to become farming newbies to get ELO as really skilled players would rarely face each other.

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
ELO is supposed to indicate someone's skill, not someone's grinding time. If this gets implemented, ranked is basically going to become farming newbies to get ELO as really skilled players would rarely face each other.
The Perfect explanation
filter lelfilter lelfilter lelfilter lelfilter lelfilter lelfilter lelfilter lelfilter lelfilter lelfilter lel

OP
OP
Unawarely

Unawarely

The Pika
But the current situtation is that the elo cap is 1101 because after that, it takes a minute to queue someone and by then, noone is queueing.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
But the current situtation is that the elo cap is 1101 because after that, it takes a minute to queue someone and by then, noone is queueing.
This is not true, otherwise, we would have no Emerald 3+ players, and we have some (Splaterd, Prinzess, Panas, etc).

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
He explained everything the correct way, how the queue is now is perfect, and i think they will not spend alot on practice items since it isnt one of the "main" modes. even it got 150 active. silver 5 isnt supposed to fight diamond. So easy is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.