Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Forums Make message farming bannable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowyy

Banned
Minecraft Username:
SnowyT_T

Suggestion:
Make message farming bannable

Detailed description:
Make spamming messages leading to forums ban. ( if someone makes a thread asking for help and then the message farmers start having a conversation there or say a sentence word by word by sending several messages ) and repeating messages bannable ( if someone asks for help on a thread and he gets a reply from staff, then why should the message farmers say the same thing that staff said on that thread. Has no use but grinding messages.​

Reason(s):
It is very annoying to open a thread and having to scroll or even switch pages only because 1 or 2 players have spammed over 20 messages discussing unrelated topics to that thread, or when someone asks for help and he gets 7-8 same replies all saying the same thing.​

Example(s):

Panas

Banned
Instead of focusing on who is going to get the most amount of messages on a forum that is about a minecraft server, suggestions should be mainly related to the server instead as i believe. Most cheaters / boosters get their stats so high but they still face no punishments neither stats wiped.

Krekkers

Veteran

Lt_hammerman told me to do this.

Why?
idk

i just do it.

He promised me wealth and cookies.
sooo.

but lemme look at what you are suggesting.

Oke so most likely wont be added.
It can be weird.
Like if they just want to explain something be serious and are accidentally message farming.
Would be tooo much work.
And I'm lazy af.

:)

(this all is a joke btw but yeah not a good thing to add tbh)

itsdruglovexx

Great Reporter
Hello,

First of all, it seems like many people are agreeing with this thread because they think post farming is harmful to the community. In reality, it's the complete opposite: if we disallow post farming, many active forum members would leave, resulting in less help being provided to those who need it. How? It's simple: since post farmers spend a lot of time on the forums, they are the ones that quickly respond to new players' threads ("how to appeal", "how to suggest", "how to report someone", etc). Staff members don't always have the time to deal with those threads as we have many other things to worry about, therefore it's way more effective and time-efficient for normal players (usually post farmers, because they are the most active forum members after all) to reply to them instead.

The second point I will make here is that there is a feature called ignore user you can use to completely ignore someone's messages.
You won't be able to see them at all, therefore you can simply ignore all post farmers and read threads like they never replied to them. You can also unignore those players at any time if you want to see their messages again. I guarantee it won't take more than 10 minutes to ignore every single (active) post farmer.

Why would something be bannable just because it annoys someone? Simply use the feature I stated above and you will never have to worry about posts you find useless. Don't force people to stop doing what they like just because you don't like it. After all, post farming isn't harmful. It's just annoying for some people, and that's why those who find it annoying can simply ignore all post farmers and use the forums without seeing any "nonsense" messages.

The third thing is that the forums are very inactive right now, even with all the post farmers. Without them, we would barely have any active forum members, and that would be harmful to the community. Not senseless comments you can ignore.

Let's also note that we already have the "spamming/flooding" rule on the forums which disallows truly problematic comments, like repeating "trash" 30 times in separate rows, for example (I saw something similar recently). You can use the player reports section to report someone who is truly spamming or flooding.

Considering all the points given above, I will be giving this suggestion a huge -1 as I do not want the forums to die. Simply ignore post farmers instead of trying to make someone stop doing something they like just because you do not like it.

Have a nice day.
Okay so. This is how I got it and i know that all the farmers will go after me for proving a logical point.

If they like farming they should be just left farming but in my case and i believe more than half of the pika players older/younger, like to curse and use swearing in argues and to use them in harmless sentences. What is the return of this? Punishment. Even tho I KNOW that this is made for the kids who play in pika to not spread bad behavior but it doesn't rlly bother anyone. except the kiddos parents. For example this suggestion as u can see is approved by a lot of players and staff as well. Why is that? Maybe cuz its annoying and its crossing all lines and no reporting wont really change a lot. Farmers will keep on farming. Yes i agree for the "how to" stuff, every player when they're free should and does that. But we are talking about farms like the screenshots @SnowyT_T provided + many more which are there in the threads. Maybe dont perma ban them but 1 day ban as a first warning or a simple warning would do the job since whats the point of bumping 100yo threads.

As you can see the biggest downvoters on this suggestion are the farmers themselves. Now don't act like you and mr @EA0_2_0_8_ didnt do this before becoming staff members. We all saw that and been there dont worry. It's a shame standing up and countering something without even looking at ur past and not only acting like it never happened, but also denying it. Its a shame. And yes post farming isn't harmful and no1 said it was, we all argue because its BORING and ANNOYING. So please stop acting like post farmers are like Pika Jesuses that save the day and save the community. No, they literally talk to themselves and reply with "lol" "lmao" "wtf" and other short irrelevant replies which also can be said in ONE sentence aka ONE reply and not 3 separate ones. Besides, ignoring wouldn't fix much by simply ignoring them or idk blocking or whatever, you see as you said it some new persons might not even know how to do so if they feel annoyed. That's why for the best add a new rule or punishment for the post/message farmers.

Besides if they want to be useful and show themselves they are, like u and mr EA, they wouldve applied for staff and CONTINUE the "post farming/helping". No, I remember since you got staff both of you couldnt care less about the new guys that register on the daily. So there is no point of not bringing a new rule and punishing the annoying farmers. ONCE AGAIN, NOT saying to punish all farmers, only the ones whose replies are nonsense, like i said above, and are completely off topic.

Ty for ur time. Say whatever the f yall want idc.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

Maybe we can find a middle point such as,

Farming will be allowed
but NONSENSE will be punished

also, I cant talk for him, but according to my observations, he didn't farm.
Now don't act like you and mr @EA0_2_0_8_ didnt do this before becoming staff members.
ea? sure he did, tlang? yep, he did farm too. Lt didn't farm tho,,,

edit, I also found a small flaw in your essay,
As you can see the biggest downvoters on this suggestion are the farmers themselves.
Read that again,
didn't get it?
Most of the people on forums are apparently farmers (based on what you said)

And you want them to quit
yea sure

MouraThat

Veteran
Post farming is killing Pika forums.

I'm actually quite passionate about this because I try and check on the forums daily and all i see is nonsense.

I go into a thread and half the thread is people post farming and the thread just becomes meaningless

There is no advantage to post farming at all , if you want to just communicate with one person engage in a direct message with them.

If your a new player looking at the forums all you will see is just random messages on posts , If I was new and looking at it I wouldn't be encouraged to join the forums at all.

'if we disallow post farming, many active forum members would leave, resulting in less help being provided to those who need it. How? It's simple: since post farmers spend a lot of time on the forums, they are the ones that quickly respond to new players' threads'

Would they really leave if we stopped post farming ? Are people here just to post farm if so what are you doing with your life ? Also most of these threads you refer to then descend to nonsense so by the time the person looks at the thread to see his answer he's just going to see a load of spam.

Let's be real the people against post farming are the people who like to post farm or use to do it before they became staff.

on the older Pika forums (probably no one here will remember this) post farming wasn't allowed and many people didn't post farm because also if you wanted to apply to be a staff member which many players on the Pika forums do you wouldn't get accepted for 'post farming'

There is no point in post farming and its not making Pika forums better so yes I would +1

MouraThat

Veteran
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

Maybe we can find a middle point such as,

Farming will be allowed
but NONSENSE will be punished

also, I cant talk for him, but according to my observations, he didn't farm.

ea? sure he did, tlang? yep, he did farm too. Lt didn't farm tho
If they think farming is ok why don't they continue to do it as staff?

MouraThat

Veteran
Also this whole thead demonstrates the problem. I've been going through the responses and half of them are people going off topic and basically examples of post farming

How is this beneficial to anyone?

UpperGround

Great Reporter

Depends on how you define post farming

dynamicgamer was going offtopic yeah sure but at least I and druglover (great name btw) were discussing the suggestion
Also this whole thead demonstrates the problem. I've been going through the responses and half of them are people going off topic and basically examples of post farming

How is this beneficial to anyone?

actually, that's another thing about this suggestion.
Anything can be interpreted as post-farming so IMO moderating this will be a lot harder.

MouraThat

Veteran

Depends on how you define post farming

dynamicgamer was going offtopic yeah sure but at least I and druglover (great name btw) were discussing the suggestion

actually, that's another thing about this suggestion.
Anything can be interpreted as post-farming so IMO moderating this will be a lot harder.
Well true if any rule was introduced it would need to be laid out clearly and yes it would require more moderating but still I +1 it.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Okay so. This is how I got it and i know that all the farmers will go after me for proving a logical point.

If they like farming they should be just left farming but in my case and i believe more than half of the pika players older/younger, like to curse and use swearing in argues and to use them in harmless sentences. What is the return of this? Punishment. Even tho I KNOW that this is made for the kids who play in pika to not spread bad behavior but it doesn't rlly bother anyone. except the kiddos parents. For example this suggestion as u can see is approved by a lot of players and staff as well. Why is that? Maybe cuz its annoying and its crossing all lines and no reporting wont really change a lot. Farmers will keep on farming. Yes i agree for the "how to" stuff, every player when they're free should and does that. But we are talking about farms like the screenshots @SnowyT_T provided + many more which are there in the threads. Maybe dont perma ban them but 1 day ban as a first warning or a simple warning would do the job since whats the point of bumping 100yo threads.

As you can see the biggest downvoters on this suggestion are the farmers themselves. Now don't act like you and mr @EA0_2_0_8_ didnt do this before becoming staff members. We all saw that and been there dont worry. It's a shame standing up and countering something without even looking at ur past and not only acting like it never happened, but also denying it. Its a shame. And yes post farming isn't harmful and no1 said it was, we all argue because its BORING and ANNOYING. So please stop acting like post farmers are like Pika Jesuses that save the day and save the community. No, they literally talk to themselves and reply with "lol" "lmao" "wtf" and other short irrelevant replies which also can be said in ONE sentence aka ONE reply and not 3 separate ones. Besides, ignoring wouldn't fix much by simply ignoring them or idk blocking or whatever, you see as you said it some new persons might not even know how to do so if they feel annoyed. That's why for the best add a new rule or punishment for the post/message farmers.

Besides if they want to be useful and show themselves they are, like u and mr EA, they wouldve applied for staff and CONTINUE the "post farming/helping". No, I remember since you got staff both of you couldnt care less about the new guys that register on the daily. So there is no point of not bringing a new rule and punishing the annoying farmers. ONCE AGAIN, NOT saying to punish all farmers, only the ones whose replies are nonsense, like i said above, and are completely off topic.

Ty for ur time. Say whatever the f yall want idc.
Hello,

This is (most likely) going the last post I will make in this thread since I do not want to talk about the same things all over again. If you find anything unclear, please re-read my first post as well as this one.

Swearing is disallowed as it is considered inappropriate and harmful to the community. It has no positive effects whatsoever, and it should be disallowed everywhere. I don't think that many people agree with this suggestion, and even if they do, many people disagree as well. I already told you you can ignore post farmers if they annoy you. They are not harmful. They're just annoying for some people, and those people can use the ignore feature to never see any of their messages ever again.

I have, personally, never post farmed. I was just an active forum member, just like I am right now. Please message me with any senseless or post farming content you see I posted if you find any. Furthermore, I am still helping people as much as I can. I won't go off-topic anymore, feel free to message me if you want to talk about me specifically since this suggestion is not about that. And, as I said, message me with any post farming content I made, if you even manage to find any.

Anyways, I do not want to repeat myself anymore. I have already stated all of my points in the first post, therefore I see no need to write more replies repeating the same thing.

Have a nice day.

Disaalt

The Pika
Here's my perspective of an ex-staff (not to be cocky or anything) and I hope everyone respects every different perspective everyone makes and not just spam them with dislikes. Everyone has a point and I don't think they should be put down.

Firstly, I would like to mention that myself has farmed before. I was trying to hopefully get staff, and then I did, then after that I quit post farming. The reason was- its simply useless.

Use common sense, if you were a small teenager trying to seek help on OpSkyblock, and goes on the forums then posts a thread about the best way to grind, and the next day, he sees "lmao", "there's none", "you play skyblock?" as the answers, do you reckon it is fair for him/her? And for the other people who has the same issue and goes onto the same thread, do you think it's fair for them?

That's the thing I realized about post farming. When you make a post, your messages increase. You're spending hours of your day watching meaningless numbers increase, instead of helping people.

If you are aiming for staff, listen to me: Stop it, and actually start helping the community. MrFrenco has already proved that people don't need to high post counts to be staff.

And if you are aiming for fame and recognition- it's def bad fame because your famous for your "post farming". Why dude, just why?

In conclusion, i'd give this a +1. Main issue is the punishment. Maybe a ban is too harsh.

And for the post farmers out there- stop grinding. Im not forcing you to, but honestly, helping gives you more fame than farming. You might not see it, but, looking back at least you helped someone other than not help someone.

MouraThat

Veteran
Here's my perspective of an ex-staff (not to be cocky or anything) and I hope everyone respects every different perspective everyone makes and not just spam them with dislikes. Everyone has a point and I don't think they should be put down.

Firstly, I would like to mention that myself has farmed before. I was trying to hopefully get staff, and then I did, then after that I quit post farming. The reason was- its simply useless.

Use common sense, if you were a small teenager trying to seek help on OpSkyblock, and goes on the forums then posts a thread about the best way to grind, and the next day, he sees "lmao", "there's none", "you play skyblock?" as the answers, do you reckon it is fair for him/her? And for the other people who has the same issue and goes onto the same thread, do you think it's fair for them?

That's the thing I realized about post farming. When you make a post, your messages increase. You're spending hours of your day watching meaningless numbers increase, instead of helping people.

If you are aiming for staff, listen to me: Stop it, and actually start helping the community. MrFrenco has already proved that people don't need to high post counts to be staff.

And if you are aiming for fame and recognition- it's def bad fame because your famous for your "post farming". Why dude, just why?

In conclusion, i'd give this a +1. Main issue is the punishment. Maybe a ban is too harsh.

And for the post farmers out there- stop grinding. Im not forcing you to, but honestly, helping gives you more fame than farming. You might not see it, but, looking back at least you helped someone other than not help someone.
Agreed and as I've said
Most people that post farm (not you @UpperGround) want to do it because they believe they can be staff.
You can get accepted for staff with less than 10 messages (noob @_mankwrld can confirm).

ItxOllie

Pika Member
Minecraft Username:
SnowyT_T

Suggestion:
Make message farming bannable

Detailed description:
Make spamming messages leading to forums ban. ( if someone makes a thread asking for help and then the message farmers start having a conversation there or say a sentence word by word by sending several messages ) and repeating messages bannable ( if someone asks for help on a thread and he gets a reply from staff, then why should the message farmers say the same thing that staff said on that thread. Has no use but grinding messages.

Reason(s):
It is very annoying to open a thread and having to scroll or even switch pages only because 1 or 2 players have spammed over 20 messages discussing unrelated topics to that thread, or when someone asks for help and he gets 7-8 same replies all saying the same thing.

Example(s):

This downvote is purely because when i did this the moon was up at 6am and the sun was not alive yet therefore leading lt hammerman to ask me to downvote

also carrots and cheese are the same thing just not the same thing tbh all lives matter

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
Why do you even want to farm post? its worthless. saying L . etc is just annoying and will create useless pages. and suggestions are made to inprove pika-network. they made a filter to put 6 words or 30 letters for a reason. posting farms will be only annoying and is worthless. so a +1 to do something about it.

HuecoMundo

Banned

Lt_hammerman told me to do this.

Why?
idk

i just do it.

He promised me wealth and cookies.
sooo.

but lemme look at what you are suggesting.

Oke so most likely wont be added.
It can be weird.
Like if they just want to explain something be serious and are accidentally message farming.
Would be tooo much work.
And I'm lazy af.

:)

(this all is a joke btw but yeah not a good th
Like you care and u do ur job properly 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.