Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Forums Make message farming bannable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowyy

Banned
IGN
SnowyT_T
Minecraft Username:
SnowyT_T

Suggestion:
Make message farming bannable

Detailed description:
Make spamming messages leading to forums ban. ( if someone makes a thread asking for help and then the message farmers start having a conversation there or say a sentence word by word by sending several messages ) and repeating messages bannable ( if someone asks for help on a thread and he gets a reply from staff, then why should the message farmers say the same thing that staff said on that thread. Has no use but grinding messages.​

Reason(s):
It is very annoying to open a thread and having to scroll or even switch pages only because 1 or 2 players have spammed over 20 messages discussing unrelated topics to that thread, or when someone asks for help and he gets 7-8 same replies all saying the same thing.​

Example(s):

PigPotato_

Pika Lover
Neutral. i dont really care about post farmers imo. But if the majority of people get annoyed or mad abt the same people talking abt random stuff aka post famers, just warn them or smth. If the get too much warnings, just ban them.

DarkVenom7

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hello,

First of all, it seems like many people are agreeing with this thread because they think post farming is harmful to the community. In reality, it's the complete opposite: if we disallow post farming, many active forum members would leave, resulting in less help being provided to those who need it. How? It's simple: since post farmers spend a lot of time on the forums, they are the ones that quickly respond to new players' threads ("how to appeal", "how to suggest", "how to report someone", etc). Staff members don't always have the time to deal with those threads as we have many other things to worry about, therefore it's way more effective and time-efficient for normal players (usually post farmers, because they are the most active forum members after all) to reply to them instead.

The second point I will make here is that there is a feature called ignore user you can use to completely ignore someone's messages.
You won't be able to see them at all, therefore you can simply ignore all post farmers and read threads like they never replied to them. You can also unignore those players at any time if you want to see their messages again. I guarantee it won't take more than 10 minutes to ignore every single (active) post farmer.

Why would something be bannable just because it annoys someone? Simply use the feature I stated above and you will never have to worry about posts you find useless. Don't force people to stop doing what they like just because you don't like it. After all, post farming isn't harmful. It's just annoying for some people, and that's why those who find it annoying can simply ignore all post farmers and use the forums without seeing any "nonsense" messages.

The third thing is that the forums are very inactive right now, even with all the post farmers. Without them, we would barely have any active forum members, and that would be harmful to the community. Not senseless comments you can ignore.

Let's also note that we already have the "spamming/flooding" rule on the forums which disallows truly problematic comments, like repeating "trash" 30 times in separate rows, for example (I saw something similar recently). You can use the player reports section to report someone who is truly spamming or flooding.

Considering all the points given above, I will be giving this suggestion a huge -1 as I do not want the forums to die. Simply ignore post farmers instead of trying to make someone stop doing something they like just because you do not like it.

Have a nice day.
This turned 8 upvotes to -3 downvotes
Nice Explanation big Brother
ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ

DarkVenom7

Veteran
Great Reporter
and also I wanna say that

1.What are post farmers?

We are a member of forums to post daily.

2.Why do we do this?

.We do this for activity in forums and getting messages, We don't farm for becoming staff.

3.What do u get from doing this

we get nothing from this, its just for fun and helping others

(Those who don't like post farming)
If you don't like post farming or you don't like it I ay say try doing it yourself and then you will understand
<3

MrFrenco

Veteran
IGN
MrFrenco
Hello,

The rule you are suggesting is too controversial and takes too much time to properly maintain. On top of that, farming posts in the 'negative way' affects your own reputation already. That is why this suggestion will be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.