Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Forums Make message farming bannable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowyy

Banned
Minecraft Username:
SnowyT_T

Suggestion:
Make message farming bannable

Detailed description:
Make spamming messages leading to forums ban. ( if someone makes a thread asking for help and then the message farmers start having a conversation there or say a sentence word by word by sending several messages ) and repeating messages bannable ( if someone asks for help on a thread and he gets a reply from staff, then why should the message farmers say the same thing that staff said on that thread. Has no use but grinding messages.​

Reason(s):
It is very annoying to open a thread and having to scroll or even switch pages only because 1 or 2 players have spammed over 20 messages discussing unrelated topics to that thread, or when someone asks for help and he gets 7-8 same replies all saying the same thing.​

Example(s):

OP
OP
Snowyy

Snowyy

Banned
because i think ur correct and i was farming too much which was wrong
Yea keep farming by saying that , instead try to write all your sentences in 1 message and not sending several messages cuz thats exactly why this thread was made.

TheDynamicGamer

The Pika
Yea keep farming by saying that , instead try to write all your sentences in 1 message and not sending several messages cuz thats exactly why this thread was made.
ok bro sorry
ayy stop farming ur giving me 150 notifications per minute

giogio_777

Ultimate Legendary Pika
yes true. @itsdruglovexx is going off topic and pointing out on others who try and prove their point.
Just write +/- 1 and give us your opinion, no need to reply on every single comment and answer on them. This thread is suggestion so you just need to state your opinion, you can go in off-topic in specific section which's called "Off-topic"

Oh_Itz_Sahil

Ultimate Legendary Pika
exactly +1 to the thread, kinda annoying seeing people flooding the forums unnecessarily

UpperGround

Great Reporter
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

I Wouldnt call it unnecessarily, The constant activity on all subforums and posts are what keeps the forums alive.
exactly +1 to the thread, kinda annoying seeing people flooding the forums unnecessarily

Oh_Itz_Sahil

Ultimate Legendary Pika
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

I Wouldnt call it unnecessarily, The constant activity on all subforums and posts are what keeps the forums alive.
eh the screenshots snowy has provided in the thread is straight up unnecessary and I am pretty sure the forums will not die if post farmers stop posting something unnecessary every 5s

UpperGround

Great Reporter

About that unnecessary stuff? sure I agree. But that goes under the rule "Flooding"

And thats punishable and thats okay for sure.
But farming should be acceptable.
eh the screenshots snowy has provided in the thread is straight up unnecessary and I am pretty sure the forums will not die if post farmers stop posting something unnecessary every 5s

Nobody is farming to get staff aik
why you all mad?
legit farming messages to become staff? 😂 won't happen

itsdruglovexx

Great Reporter
why you all mad?
legit farming messages to become staff? 😂 won't happen
already did with 2 helpers

About that unnecessary stuff? sure I agree. But that goes under the rule "Flooding"

And thats punishable and thats okay for sure.
But farming should be acceptable.

Nobody is farming to get staff aik
trust me everyone i farming to get staff. forums activity needed ^_^

DarkVenom7

Veteran
Great Reporter
wow this post got 5 pages of replys.....
Please dont go off topic ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello,

First of all, it seems like many people are agreeing with this thread because they think post farming is harmful to the community. In reality, it's the complete opposite: if we disallow post farming, many active forum members would leave, resulting in less help being provided to those who need it. How? It's simple: since post farmers spend a lot of time on the forums, they are the ones that quickly respond to new players' threads ("how to appeal", "how to suggest", "how to report someone", etc). Staff members don't always have the time to deal with those threads as we have many other things to worry about, therefore it's way more effective and time-efficient for normal players (usually post farmers, because they are the most active forum members after all) to reply to them instead.

The second point I will make here is that there is a feature called ignore user you can use to completely ignore someone's messages.
You won't be able to see them at all, therefore you can simply ignore all post farmers and read threads like they never replied to them. You can also unignore those players at any time if you want to see their messages again. I guarantee it won't take more than 10 minutes to ignore every single (active) post farmer.

Why would something be bannable just because it annoys someone? Simply use the feature I stated above and you will never have to worry about posts you find useless. Don't force people to stop doing what they like just because you don't like it. After all, post farming isn't harmful. It's just annoying for some people, and that's why those who find it annoying can simply ignore all post farmers and use the forums without seeing any "nonsense" messages.

The third thing is that the forums are very inactive right now, even with all the post farmers. Without them, we would barely have any active forum members, and that would be harmful to the community. Not senseless comments you can ignore.

Let's also note that we already have the "spamming/flooding" rule on the forums which disallows truly problematic comments, like repeating "trash" 30 times in separate rows, for example (I saw something similar recently). You can use the player reports section to report someone who is truly spamming or flooding.

Considering all the points given above, I will be giving this suggestion a huge -1 as I do not want the forums to die. Simply ignore post farmers instead of trying to make someone stop doing something they like just because you do not like it.

Have a nice day.

TheDynamicGamer

The Pika
Hello,

First of all, it seems like many people are agreeing with this thread because they think post farming is harmful to the community. In reality, it's the complete opposite: if we disallow post farming, many active forum members would leave, resulting in less help being provided to those who need it. How? It's simple: since post farmers spend a lot of time on the forums, they are the ones that quickly respond to new players' threads ("how to appeal", "how to suggest", "how to report someone", etc). Staff members don't always have the time to deal with those threads as we have many other things to worry about, therefore it's way more effective and time-efficient for normal players (usually post farmers, because they are the most active forum members after all) to reply to them instead.

The second point I will make here is that there is a feature called ignore user you can use to completely ignore someone's messages.
You won't be able to see them at all, therefore you can simply ignore all post farmers and read threads like they never replied to them. You can also unignore those players at any time if you want to see their messages again. I guarantee it won't take more than 10 minutes to ignore every single (active) post farmer.

Why would something be bannable just because it annoys someone? Simply use the feature I stated above and you will never have to worry about posts you find useless. Don't force people to stop doing what they like just because you don't like it. After all, post farming isn't harmful. It's just annoying for some people, and that's why those who find it annoying can simply ignore all post farmers and use the forums without seeing any "nonsense" messages.

The third thing is that the forums are very inactive right now, even with all the post farmers. Without them, we would barely have any active forum members, and that would be harmful to the community. Not senseless comments you can ignore.

Let's also note that we already have the "spamming/flooding" rule on the forums which disallows truly problematic comments, like repeating "trash" 30 times in separate rows, for example (I saw something similar recently). You can use the player reports section to report someone who is truly spamming or flooding.

Considering all the points given above, I will be giving this suggestion a huge -1 as I do not want the forums to die. Simply ignore post farmers instead of trying to make someone stop doing something they like just because you do not like it.

Have a nice day.
nice. you exactly proved my point when i was lazy enough to not type it.

Status
Not open for further replies.