Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Lifesteal Server Security Update Idea

Dinosauraus

Rare Pika
Dear Developers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue that has been negatively impacting the gameplay experience on the Lifesteal server. As a long-time player who has been actively involved since Lifesteal season one, I have observed a significant rise in the number of hackers utilizing rendering hacks and stash finders to locate bases within the game.

The current world border of 30k has become insufficient in deterring these malicious activities. Despite the efforts of players like myself and my veteran friends and large amount of other players, whose bases are being raided within a mere 12-24 hour window, we find ourselves struggling against coordinated teams utilizing hacked clients to exploit vulnerabilities.

In light of these challenges, I would like to propose several potential solutions to mitigate the impact of hackers and improve the overall gameplay experience:

1. Increase World Border: I kindly request the expansion of the world border to a range of 75k-100k or beyond. By enlarging the playable area, we can create more space for players to establish their bases, thereby reducing the likelihood of them being discovered by hackers.
  2. Implement Spawner Protection Mechanisms: a. Introduce Protectable Spawners: Similar to the mechanics seen in factions, consider implementing a system where Oplifesteal spawners can be protected from unauthorized access. This could be achieved through the introduction of a "block protection voucher" or similar item, granting immunity to spawners within claimed areas/blocks. b. Add Claim Systems: Alternatively, the inclusion of a claim system would offer players a means of securing their territory, thereby safeguarding valuable resources and infrastructure from external threats.
  3. Decoy Base Mechanisms: a. Introduce decoy base mechanisms that create dummy structures or false signals to confuse hackers attempting to locate genuine player bases. These decoys could be randomly generated or strategically placed by players to divert attention away from their actual bases. b. Include trap mechanisms within decoy bases to punish hackers who fall for the ruse, providing a deterrent against future hacking attempts. Example: Anti xray with dummy storage blocks.
By implementing one or more of these measures, we can create a more secure and enjoyable environment for players to engage in the Lifesteal server. As dedicated members of the community, we remain committed to supporting and enhancing the gaming experience, and we believe that these changes will contribute positively towards achieving that goal.

Thank you for considering my suggestions. I eagerly await your response and remain hopeful for a swift resolution to this pressing issue.

Sincerely,
Dinosauraus

DrInvictable

Pika Member
when i afk at my base i always put my sneak toggles also my base has been alive since last 1 week and yes people use tracers and others etc too and i shared a base with like 5 people last ssn it didnt get raided sometime also people use some kind of hax where can where is stash and others idk what its called but yah also u cant everyone uses hax i play donut smp so i find stash there using pie chart so not every1 are cheating but ya this might be huge problem moving forward

TheOne_Player

Another rant: fix the nether portals, they dont tp you to overworld, I've been standing in one for a few minutes, yeah thats right, MINUTES, and it has lead me nowhere, I use nether to quickly get to places (8*speed in nether travel) but the portals stopped working.

DrInvictable

Pika Member
Its probably cuz of server lag i mean server avg tps is now 15 so it my due to lag

mornisnice

Well some times it's not hard to find a base with pie chart that's what i use to find someone base but if your base is like hidden and you can't even use pie chart to find it it's prob hackers

DaCharizard

Pika Lover
its trash if it will be there it would not be fun to play oplifesteal and lifesteals without hackers is useless