Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Hacker Theory: Maximizing efficiency of catching hackers by applying certain biases

Does this theory work?

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I don't understand the theory

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapsh0t

Before the theory can work, there must be 3 definitions that we assume are true.

This is basically a watered down version of fitness applied into mine craft competitiveness.

A) Advantages are a general term that when given a set goal that all players in the server abide by, the players with advantages are better at reaching the goal than others. That is an advantage.

B) Players with advantages gain resources, in which those resources can be invested and converted into more advantages.

C) Players with higher advantages are awarded higher resources, while player with lower advantages awarded lower resources.

Let's say that hacking gives out an advantage. Because hacking gives out an advantage, hackers that hack are rewarded higher resources. This could mean that because the hacker was able to kill a diamond armored player due to his advantage, he is able to take his loot and wear the diamond armour, thus higher resources.

Now, let's do the complete opposite. Let's say that a player does not hack. Because the player does not hack, the player does not gain an advantage, thus does not gain any resources. A player that does not hack was not able to win against the diamond armored person, and thus received no items.

If we were to compare these results, we basically gain the definition of C. However, what happens when we define hacking as one of the advanatges?

We find that the hackers have more resources due to more inherent advantages!
Now obviously, an advantage does not necessarily always guarantee a higher reward. However, if this process of gaining/losing resources keeps repeating itself over and over again, we find this theory:

Hackers have a higher tendency to have better resources(gear, money, kills, etc.) than players that do not hack.

These are really big words, but look at it in this way. Would you think someone that is super beast at PvP is more likely to hack than the scrub noob that cant even properly strafe? Of course, it's the one thats super beast at PvP, because hacking never makes you worse at pvp, it makes you better by giving you an advantage.

If this theory works, staff members can specifically filter out players who are more likely to hack than the ones that don't. For example, in KitPvP, I might focus more often for the players that have diamond gear over then the ones with the default kit, since hacking indirectly gives more resources to the hacker.

What do you guys think? Respond below :)

tl;dr Hackers get better loot because they are at an advantage vs non hackers, therefore players that have better loot are more likely to hack vs the ones that don't.

Jeear

Legendary Pika
Provides fair points but does not completely separate the black and the white in a grey but on a side note, it provides more discerning factors in the "black side" to further maximize the strategies in catching hackers. I'd say it's a great statement.

EzHackusate__

Veteran
how about OPFaction? I've never seen someone wearing a iron or un-enchanted diamond armor. A lot of legit players uses P15 also some hackers. Most hackers that wear vote armor will surely loose fighting more than 2 beast pvpers
It might work for some server but I don't think it's going to in OPFac.

MouraThat

Veteran
We were discussing this in ts3 but im glad you put this down
(hint , hint share your opinions)
I like how you see it in that way i never thought before this maybe tping to people with better gear makes me more likely to ban a hacker

OP
OP
C

cheapsh0t

Provides fair points but does not completely separate the black and the white in a grey but on a side note, it provides more discerning factors in the "black side" to further maximize the strategies in catching hackers. I'd say it's a great statement.
Yeah, I agree, it's not completely black and white. It makes a lot of assumptions that it's in a completely isolated environment(one advantage only, one resource). In reality, it's a completely open environment that uses every single factor possible(server lag, client lag, items, exp, mcmmo), the possibilities are endless. The theory can only work if the NET Advantage is positive/benefits the player, after all some hackers can still be at a disadvantage even if they do cheat.

OP
OP
C

cheapsh0t

It's also nice to note that if somehow all of this is converted in numbers that a computer can apply a algorithim too, overtime, that algrothim will get better and better at accuracy, since the tendency will be more and more obvious as time progresses.

Haoiscoll

Legendary Pika
10/10 agreed with this theory, that's why players hack : to gain more advantages and resources than others.

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
I just have a tiny question which points out a huge flaw:
The motive!
If we take into presumption that he is hacking for an advantage this theory makes sense,
however, take anything else as the motive ( example: He hacks because he thinks it is fun) and the presumptions are pointless because it is not advantage based.

_ItzMax_

Epic Pika
I know why players hack... They want minecraft to die because minecraft is dying alots of people are leaving minecraft because of the worst updates like pvp in 1.9 and 1.10 so they hack so they can be the best minecraft player in the whole world but they just want to get more advantages than the others
1 more thing
I saw this guy named "17fps" he said he was gonna hack the server the server started to lag the players left and got to the lobby
and i joined back and he got banned

OP
OP
C

cheapsh0t

I just have a tiny question which points out a huge flaw:
The motive!
If we take into presumption that he is hacking for an advantage this theory makes sense,
however, take anything else as the motive ( example: He hacks because he thinks it is fun) and the presumptions are pointless because it is not advantage based.
Unless motive directly impacts the resources that we see(armor, swords, mcmmo) motive would not be able to negate the resources.
For ex:
Killaura allows you to hit more accuractely. Everytime you hit, you gain exp on mcmmo.
The question is, does my views of killaura actually impact how much I gain exp on mcmmo, my rate, my levels, etc?
The answer is no, because my intentions do not change kill aura; After all, the killaura works on a consistent piece of code that does the same thing, every single time.

However, if I use motive as a disadvantage, then it will negate the effects.
For ex: If I hack for fun, I could purposely not build armor and use hacks, for reason "fun". This directly impacts resources, and therefore they can negate the resources.

Verseh

Banned
The theory is true, and very well thought, but there are also hackers that just have full iron and kill everyone and don't even bother changing armor.

Still, good theory tho. I've never thought about it much, I've just though of them as little pieces of shit and that's all ;D

SomeTacos

Pika Member
Wow thats really clever
Hope this 1 awesome idea will get applied soon!
#MakePikaGr8Again. <3

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
Unless motive directly impacts the resources that we see(armor, swords, mcmmo) motive would not be able to negate the resources.
For ex:
Killaura allows you to hit more accuractely. Everytime you hit, you gain exp on mcmmo.
The question is, does my views of killaura actually impact how much I gain exp on mcmmo, my rate, my levels, etc?
The answer is no, because my intentions do not change kill aura; After all, the killaura works on a consistent piece of code that does the same thing, every single time.

However, if I use motive as a disadvantage, then it will negate the effects.
For ex: If I hack for fun, I could purposely not build armor and use hacks, for reason "fun". This directly impacts resources, and therefore they can negate the resources.
Ah, I see what you meant now.

Status
Not open for further replies.