Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

[GUIDE] rex's Guide to Speed Up Your Computer + Increase FPS

OP
OP
atrely

atrely

Rare Pika
1) He's telling people to use Window's built in defragmenter, which Windows is already doing, not a third party program.
2) I can't find any sources saying Windows only defrags smaller files. Even if this were true, defragging does not help fps. Defragging only consolidates information on your hard drive. This means it's only going to effect load times and how "snappy" your system feels. Deleting your downloads folder like he said is just not helpful in any way when it comes to FPS. If he was claiming load times, or general system feel, I'd agree. Unfortunately, these don't have a measurable impact on minecraft's in game performance and telling people that it does is incredibly misleading. More so, he refuses to read comments, so at this point I'm 90% sure that he's just looking to post farm by making easy guides and "looking" helpful.

Otherwise though I totally agree with you! Running a more efficient defragging program could help a ton of people with older systems feel better running programs and just using their pc in general. While getting rid of chrome's insane clutter won't help your minecraft, it will do wonders for your system's responsiveness.
it is not built in, it is doing it manually. please stop commenting long paragraphs on my posts, thanks!

OP
OP
atrely

atrely

Rare Pika
1) He's telling people to use Window's built in defragmenter, which Windows is already doing, not a third party program.
2) I can't find any sources saying Windows only defrags smaller files. Even if this were true, defragging does not help fps. Defragging only consolidates information on your hard drive. This means it's only going to effect load times and how "snappy" your system feels. Deleting your downloads folder like he said is just not helpful in any way when it comes to FPS. If he was claiming load times, or general system feel, I'd agree. Unfortunately, these don't have a measurable impact on minecraft's in game performance and telling people that it does is incredibly misleading. More so, he refuses to read comments, so at this point I'm 90% sure that he's just looking to post farm by making easy guides and "looking" helpful.

Otherwise though I totally agree with you! Running a more efficient defragging program could help a ton of people with older systems feel better running programs and just using their pc in general. While getting rid of chrome's insane clutter won't help your minecraft, it will do wonders for your system's responsiveness.
there is also no need for a third-party program :)

OP
OP
atrely

atrely

Rare Pika
Your computer is already defragging. Do you just not read? It's not my opinion. It's facts about technology. I'm sorry you're too thick to take constructive criticism. Not surprised though from a low post guide farmer ^-^
im sorry, but do not insult me like that. your opinion is irrelevant as it is my guide afterall, if i choose to change it i will do so.

OP
OP
atrely

atrely

Rare Pika

also if you would look closer which i think your capable of, you would see the defragginn process is not under speeding up the computer, it is cleaning up unwanted files andfreeing up used memory

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
it is not built in, it is doing it manually. please stop commenting long paragraphs on my posts, thanks!
You replied in 4 comments? Holy, the post farming is getting so blatant xD. I was trying to help and using long paragraphs allows me to actually explain my point. It's not an opinion. It was facts about how computers work and I was trying to help you form an actually useful guide instead of misleading people. At this point though, its really obvious you're just post farming and trying to look helpful, so I'm just gonna let you be wrong and stop trying to help you understand how your pc works.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
– William G. McAdoo, US Congressman 1933-1938

OP
OP
atrely

atrely

Rare Pika
You replied in 4 comments? Holy, the post farming is getting so blatant xD. I was trying to help and using long paragraphs allows me to actually explain my point. It's not an opinion. It was facts about how computers work and I was trying to help you form an actually useful guide instead of misleading people. At this point though, its really obvious you're just post farming and trying to look helpful, so I'm just gonna let you be wrong and stop trying to help you understand how your pc works.

Thank you for leaving! Also, do not insult me again.

Disaalt

The Pika

Agreed, but the guide is meant to speed up your computer & increase FPS, so you'll have to probs ask atrely what section it is about

JerryMine

The Pika

Dude he literally came in and talk aggressively and now drop shit, back off-ed, used random insult quotes and think he is cool