Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

German Language help

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-RITE

Forum Fantasiser
Stop using google xD
I am not, actually. I've been learning German for the past 2 years (and I'm pretty miserable at it), but I know a few sentences, that was one of them.

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Ay, don't belive google. Every language is different for every person. It also requiers logic. Each language is different and unique. Not sure how google means hardest language. Does it mean understanding or perfecting grammar, its different.
For example they put polish as one of the top 10hardest because it has 7cases and you need to change it all accorsing to genders, but for me its actually simple. My language has same grammar as polish but yet is not on list.

Therefore when studying languages just focus on logic in them.

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
what do u mean stop using google?

me URDU bolta hu!
me Pakistani hu.....Pakistani Urdu he boltay ha....our national language....its our lingua franca......

urdu aur hindi me bohot farak ha bhai..
What's the difference between Hindi and Urdu? I don't find much. All I know is Urdu writing seems like Arabic while Hindi is similiar to Bangla

ali99

Epic Pika
What's the difference between Hindi and Urdu? I don't find much. All I know is Urdu writing seems like Arabic while Hindi is similiar to Bangla

BWAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH xD

Urdu and hindi are totally different animals bro XD

the Grammar is different XD
the rules are different XD
every aspect is different
everything is different......they only seem similar *when we write them in Latin...bro u need some serious research

*similar..not SAME

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
I am not, actually. I've been learning German for the past 2 years (and I'm pretty miserable at it), but I know a few sentences, that was one of them.
Wow. Didn't expect that from you xD.

Roy_

Legendary Pika
well he is Dutch so it kinda makes sense since it's a subject we are getting teached for around 2 years..
Atleast I got that for 2 years lol

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
well he is Dutch so it kinda makes sense since it's a subject we are getting teached for around 2 years..
Atleast I got that for 2 years lol
Btw, is Dutch and Deutsch the same? Couldn't really understand...

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Nope, it may sound same but its not. Well they do have few same words but its not same.
Dutch is language used in country such as netherlands while deutsch is Actually German word for "German".
Deutsch means German. German isnt same as Dutch.
Btw Deutschland means Germany on german.

Roy_

Legendary Pika
Btw, is Dutch and Deutsch the same? Couldn't really understand...
To put it simply, Dutch is the retarded version of German in my opinion. I can understand basic German words without having heard of them before but that's because they are both Germanic languages.

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Well if you put it that way roy, then every slav language is retarded version of other :)

Zyrax_

Banned
Hi guys,
So you may remember me asking a lot of help from Arabic before, people like @salwaswemi @ali99 and some other helpful guys I couldn't remember. I was good at Arabic, though I wasn't fluent, so I had to get help.
But now, since I moved to another country and started school here, I have German, which is optional, but if I stand out in the German Exam out of many other people, I get to visit Germany for free of cost, and if I'm 2nd, i get to visit India.
So that's what makes me interested in it. I need help from people who speak German (Deutsh). I'm learning Modal Verben/Verb. Could anyone give me some basics on PM. For the people who would say "Go Google it dumb boy" I'm gonna learn it from an app as well as from you guys.
Help me learn about Modal Verb, I learned a bit of conjugation (Idk wat that is, but our teacher calls it that, it has a table, like the verb table, if it is söllen then its one verb, etc.). All I know right now is Wir means we, ich means I, and... Lemme think, nothing else probably.
:) Thank you!
I should have quit German, but meh, my siblings are encouraging me to, and I wanna vist German
kek...

singular
müssen/dürfen/können/wollen/sollen/mögen
/möchten
*ich muß/darf/kann/will/soll/mag/möchte I
*du
mußt/darfst/kannst/willst/sollst/magst/möchtest you
*er/sie/es
muß/darf/kann/will/soll/mag/möchte he/she/it
plural
*wir
müssen/dürfen/können/wollen/sollen/mögen/möchten we
*ihr
müsst/dürft/könnt/wollt/sollt/mögt/möchtet you
*sie
müssen/dürfen/können/wollen/sollen/mögen/möchten they

USAGE: get the form from the chart depending on subject. Put the infinitive last.
MODAL + INFINITIVE:

U-RITE

Forum Fantasiser
To put it simply, Dutch is the retarded version of German in my opinion. I can understand basic German words without having heard of them before but that's because they are both Germanic languages.
Well, Dutch is a lot easier when it comes to speaking and grammar. German sounds a lot more aggressive because of the way it's spoken. But I have to agree that Dutch is a pretty retarded language.

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
kek...

singular
müssen/dürfen/können/wollen/sollen/mögen
/möchten
*ich muß/darf/Okann/will/soll/mag/möchte I
*du
mußt/darfst/kannst/willst/sollst/magst/möchtest you
*er/sie/es
muß/darf/kann/will/soll/mag/möchte he/she/it
plural
*wir
müssen/dürfen/können/wollen/sollen/mögen/möchten we
*ihr
müsst/dürft/könnt/wollt/sollt/mögt/möchtet you
*sie
müssen/dürfen/können/wollen/sollen/mögen/möchten they

USAGE: get the form from the chart depending on subject. Put the infinitive last.
MODAL + INFINITIVE:
Oh thanks.

Well, Dutch is a lot easier when it comes to speaking and grammar. German sounds a lot more aggressive because of the way it's spoken. But I have to agree that Dutch is a pretty retarded language.
Oh. But they are of the same group or something right?

Roy_

Legendary Pika
Oh thanks.

Oh. But they are of the same group or something right?

Yea.
"The West Germanic languages include the three most widely spoken Germanic languages: English with around 360–400 million native speakers,[3][nb 2]German with over 100 million native speakers[4] and Dutch with 23 million native speakers. Other major West Germanic languages are Afrikaans, an offshoot of Dutch, with over 7.1 million native speakers;[5]Low German, with roughly 6.7 million native speakers (considered a separate collection of dialects, 5 million in Germany[6] and 1.7 million in the Netherlands);[7]Yiddish, once used by approximately 13 million Jews in pre-World War II Europe[8] and Scots, both with 1.5 million native speakers. Limburgish varieties have roughly 1.3 million speakers along the DutchBelgianGerman border."
- Wikipedia

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
Yea.
"The West Germanic languages include the three most widely spoken Germanic languages: English with around 360–400 million native speakers,[3][nb 2]German with over 100 million native speakers[4] and Dutch with 23 million native speakers. Other major West Germanic languages are Afrikaans, an offshoot of Dutch, with over 7.1 million native speakers;[5]Low German, with roughly 6.7 million native speakers (considered a separate collection of dialects, 5 million in Germany[6] and 1.7 million in the Netherlands);[7]Yiddish, once used by approximately 13 million Jews in pre-World War II Europe[8] and Scots, both with 1.5 million native speakers. Limburgish varieties have roughly 1.3 million speakers along the DutchBelgianGerman border."
- Wikipedia
xD.
I don't think I will ever get better at German, my classmates started learning German a year before me,they might be much better...

And guys, if I get first or second,it doesn't matter, I will still go to German. India is not an option for now lol @ali99

Status
Not open for further replies.