Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Fixing tnt

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJGamerzZz

Okay so a few of you might know that the 1.8 version broke tnt cannons, many of them dont work on the 1.8 version now, which is why we can't raid bases properly anymore. The reason why cannons are broken on 1.8 is because in 1.8 tnt got nerfed. Its weaker and it gets pushed by flowing water, and you also cannot shoot tnt if its on a slab. You need to use a fence,ladder or things like that. All of the 1.8 servers have now fixed this problem yet it seems like its not fixed here. Well i believe i found out how to fix this. This link is from gontroller forums its a pretty big factions server, here you will find some more information and a way to fix the tnt problem: http://www.gontroller.com/community/threads/1-8-tnt-cannon-fix-for-my-test-server.53025/ Hope this was enough information for you guys, if you need any more help ill be glad to help you more My ign is Daltonc_27 on the server feel free to message me.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
Mate I would like to see this fix, but i dont have much hope in pika. Its obvious to me that the ppl who make the big decitions here dont play factions or are not good at it, or perhaps they want ppl to donate tons of money, why else would they decide to change the server to 1.8?.

For ppl who dont know, in 1.8 the tnt mechanics are different to 1.7. Tnt gets pushed by water when activated, the blocks usually placed for alignment or as guiders behave different, the random spread is diferent, and many other subtle changes that render most of the vast cannon tech achived on 1.7 useless. To add on this, there are blocks on 1.8 that behave as full blocks for tnt but as half blocks for sand.

Theres a reson why the biggest factions servers keep running at 1.7 or patch to the best of their ability the 1.8 tnt mechanics, there are op canons on 1.7 but there are op defenses on 1.7. There are not good enough cannons on 1.8 but guess what, there are op defenses still on 1.8 so theres no balance.

The reason i dont have much hope left in Pika is because its going hardcore on paytowin, prior to the reset there were bases almost impossible to raid with cannons due to the fact that you can buy an obnoxious amount of power with real money. Now this would have been "ok" if there wasnt for the fact that you could not dispense more than 100 tnt per tick (at least with redstone torches, never tried it with repeaters, even tho i think it wouldnt make a difference). So if a player bought the right amount of power he would be unraidable by cannons because his claim would be so big that you could not reach the wall with less than 100 tnt on your thrusters. This problem was brought up by Justakilla but it never got fixed.

Another reason to lack hope on pika is that even prior to the reset, raiding a big faction was not that rewarding because you didnt know where to aim your cannon, since world download is not allowed, so even if u got in a base you would most likely get nothing because expirienced players know how to water their chests and spawners making them unceggable. On top of this ceggs are too expensive. But guess what?! they added Pvs now! Hype! So even if u went through 20 plus walls, got in and find that they have unwatered chests you wil most likely get crap! because now playes have unraidable storage!

Now Im not entirely sure if the patch it fixes all the issuues, as u can see on this video, but atleast it opens some chances.

At this point i wonder Why not sell bedrock in the shop? I understand if the owner wants to make ppl able to be unraidable with real money, its actually a interesting path and probably a good bussiness model, but for me and probably some other players it doesnt seem that fun and would probably just play for pvp or hangout with friends.

Good luck, have fun.

CloudAP

Veteran
All you did say was 1.7 is better than 1.8 faction. And it escalated quickly. XD

The reason we are upgrading to 1.8 are not because of what you think we want to happen. We are trying to upgrade everything to 1.8 for several reasons:

- To keep updated since people are getting used to higher versions and there are several things that doesn't exist in 1.7.
- We are planning to upgrade some servers to 1.9 as it is highly requested but right now, its difficult to have a server that supports 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 all together.
- most of the pika plugin isn't compatible for 1.7.

Yes I also disagree to pvs and some other stuffs. But remember we take all suggestions into considerations. So instead of complaining, maybe you can start suggesting of how to improve the server. :)

xXBeastLordXx

Ultimate is Bae <3
CloudAP complaining makes him look bad. He is actually not complaining he is just stating facts and giving his opinions on them. Please think before you type as people can rage and start a flame war. I'm a donator and i find it very unfair that we have /pv's.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
All you did say was 1.7 is better than 1.8 faction. Where did i say that? I explained how 1.8 tnt mechanics nerf cannons. At best you could say that I implied that 1.7 cannons are better than 1.8, wich they are.

But remember we take all suggestions into considerations. So instead of complaining, maybe you can start suggesting of how to improve the server. Where did I complain? I criticized some aspects of factions that I find detrimental to raiding. Btw I dont see why complaining is bad when you deem somthing wrong or unfair. In real life people who get abused by the police shouldnt complain, instead they should start shouting suggestions, right?. Yes I may have sounded pessimist, but there are reasons to lack faith in Pika.

Anyways I wasnt even gonna reply to this, because it derails the purpose of this thread, and now that I think about it, I may went to far on the criticism on my first post, for that I apologize dear DJGamerzZz, your suggestion is great and if it gets implemented I would like to go raiding with u.

I support this patch 100% and to add on I would like to see an increse on the max-tnt-per-tick, I think 500 would be ok since in order to stack 256 sand you need about 300 tnt and it leaves room for other events that may happen on the same tick.

OP
OP
D

DJGamerzZz

Well i am really glad someone actually read this post and actually agreed with me. Its also great that there is someone else who understands how cannons work. But as always they wont change a thing on factions, this isn't the first thread i posted about this problem. People do read them and agree on them, but the owner simply doesn't care about our suggestions and never takes time to even try and fix some of these problems. Instead he will leave factions as they are, and not even gonna bother doing anything to fix this problem. I mean even if tnt does get fixed and cannons work properly the ammount of claims these big factions have is just crazy. People have like 1000 claims around their base. The ammount of propulsion you would need to shoot tnt and sand that far is crazy, and pretty much impossible. Even if you would cannon inside a base, it would be too expensive to buy creeper eggs to get all the stuff so raiding is basically useless. Honestly DutchminerHD should find someone who knows more about this stuff help him fix this problem. But instead he will just ignore this problem, cannons will remain broken and bases will stay unraidable.
Honestly unraidable bases should be for OpFactions not for normal factions.

ZeroGiven

Veteran
Just wondering if i made something that functions like a tnt canon but isnt really a tnt cannon would you like to use it?

Vague question but i think you get the point.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
Just wondering if i made something that functions like a tnt canon but isnt really a tnt cannon would you like to use it?

Vague question but i think you get the point.

Well you already added such thing, withouth lettin everyone know, it seems to me that ppl incharge of factions dont give a damn about the players, they just change whatever the want without any consideration. This kind of decition should had been spammed on chat by the pikabot, and waited for a week before it were to be implemented so ppl could change their defenses, but whatever, its pika, what do you expect?
I guess its ok, not the direction I would have liked, but atleast now everyone is raidable.
Happy ez raiding to all donators with fly.

SnipeNight

Well you already added such thing, withouth lettin everyone know, it seems to me that ppl incharge of factions dont give a damn about the players, they just change whatever the want without any consideration. This kind of decition should had been spammed on chat by the pikabot, and waited for a week before it were to be implemented so ppl could change their defenses, but whatever, its pika, what do you expect?
I guess its ok, not the direction I would have liked, but atleast now everyone is raidable.
Happy ez raiding to all donators with fly.
if I still cant use cannons I will Used tp Glitching Instead If this is not fix

Status
Not open for further replies.