Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Practice Fixing the queueing system in ranked/ Add a rule to boosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panas

Banned
Minecraft Username:
panas1

Suggestion:
Fixing the queueing system in ranked/ Add a rule to boosting

Detailed description:
As most high elo players have noticed, it gets much harder to queue any desired gamemode in ranked. This leads to people quitting practice because of the slow queueing system. For example if I wanted to queue ranked nodebuff with my current elo which is 1339 and queue a new player, this would atleast 1 minute to queue with someone that has 1000 elo. Some people may ask why not queue high ranked players if you are such a high elo player? Well, the reason is that most highly ranked players 1200+ never come online since most of them are either banned, or quitted the server for their own reasons, not to blame to queueing system. Here is an actual moment where my friend @Unawarely went in queue and waited there for 13 minutes and even went to take a shower and found himself still queueing. https://prnt.sc/10u2qej Besides, when and if i queue i gain only 3 elo from 900-1150 players and lose 21+ elo to them. The odds of me likely winning are high but, the ratio of the win elo to the loss elo is 1:7 which means that he has an advantage of being less stressed as well as more motivated to win.

While balance is needed to keep the elo in check, balance is already found with the fact that you gain +3 elo and lost -21 at the top level. It doesn't make sense that you have to wait so long to queue, along with getting +3 after 5+ minutes on average of queueing. My own personal experience has been a fun time queuing from about 1k-1100 elo, but after that, with the huge amout of queue time and little patience of the average pika player, it makes it almost impossible to achieve elo like panas1's in the first place, let alone climb even higher. Not only does this frusturate legit players and discourage competition, it encoruages boosting, because there is no rule against it, and it's almost impossible to queue once you get a certain elo.

Now that I have shown the clear problems, here are some solutions.

1. Take away the double balance. Change queueing times to 4 seconds/50 elo and make it so that only one person has to be searching into the other person's elo for them to queue, rather than the painstaking process of both people needing to be in queue for an entire minute.

2. Do something about boosting, whether it is adding a rule against it or making requirements for playing ranked harder. Ie: some sort of ip protection, can't queue ranked with 2 linked accounts on.

3. Take away the huge gap in elo won and loss. You lose 21 elo and gain 3 elo when there is a positive difference of 200 in your and your opponent's elo. This means that for every loss, you have to win 8 times to be even. Being honest, pika is and always will be a server with many cheaters, and practice will always be a gamemode with one of the highest concentration of cheaters. This 1:7 ration needs to be lessened. On server's such as lunar, a 1200 losing to a 1k will lose about 24 elo, while gaining 9 elo by winning. Since the ration is much better, it enables progression in the gamemode to be easier. Especailly since gamemodes like uhc and nodebuff can be won/lost in the span of a couple seconds, it doesn't make sense for you to have to win 8 times to break even, let alone 5 minutes per time.

4. Take community feedback. Players such as me, @Unawarely, @Krekkers all have extensive knowledge on the gamemode considering our playtime and experience in ranked. If the owners or developers could have a serious conversation with the most seasoned practice players, you could move the state of the gamemode from absolutely unplayable to more than decent.​

Reason(s):
Everything is listed above.​

MrEpiko

Discord Developer
Developer
+1

This is predefined message to bypass filter.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
+1
I think momo made a similar suggestion. But for sure, +1

JustToGoody

The Pika
+1 ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ

JustToGoody

The Pika
well it actually got downvote botted sadly ;( i was against allowing heart indicators and a buncha opf and opsb players didn't like that
I just like when panas made a suggestion like this its got up votes but when you made a suggestion like this its got down votes also heart indicator isn't a big problem

Unawarely

The Pika
I just like when panas made a suggestion like this its got up votes but when you made a suggestion like this its got down votes also heart indicator isn't a big problem
lol, im not saying heart indicator is a big problem (although imo it is) I was just explaining why my suggestion had so many downvotes.

JustToGoody

The Pika
lol, im not saying heart indicator is a big problem (although imo it is) I was just explaining why my suggestion had so many downvotes.
I mean everyone can use Heart Indicator and I agree its a problem on practice

UpperGround

Great Reporter
+1ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ

Status
Not open for further replies.