Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted OP Factions Fix The Cannoning Jar

Status
Not open for further replies.

moxxy17

Banned
Minecraft Username
zMoxxy

Suggestion:
Fix The Cannoning Jar

Detailed description:
Hello, some of you may know me, I play on OP-Factions and recently there has been an issue on the server causing extreme amounts of TPS lag. The cannoning jar for Pika is really bad. It cannot handle a huge amount of TNT at a single time as other servers can. Pika-Network Management has recently added a rule called "Intentionally Lagging the Server"
which will further result in punishments. This however doesn't really stop people as they just build it when staff are offline and they lag it during koths // when there is a lot of PvP. Cannons that require a large amount of TNT also lag the server making it unplayable for up to a few minutes at a time.

What you could do is take Jartex's cannoning jar and use it on pika, which would fix up the lag issues quite a lot considering Jartex has a decent cannoning jar. This is currently making the server unplayable. Next map this definitely needs to be added.

This also won't be very hard to add. You just have to use Jartex's cannoning jar, and that shouldn't be very difficult considering the owners, voodoo, and gunfire, are also owners on Jartex.​

Reason(s):
1. The first, and most obvious reason, the server will stop lagging as hard. It causes players to not be able to shoot their cannons due to the lag, or dying in combat tag and losing all their things because of it. It makes it really annoying to play here since it's always lagging.

2. This will improve the number of new players coming in//leaving. Imagine you are a new player coming from a different server. You print a cannon, and every time you shoot server goes to 0TPS for a few minutes at a time. How badly will you want to play that server again?

3. This will reduce false bans. A lot of players are getting banned for Killaura, or AntiKB when the server is literally lagging so hard you cannot move and players are teleporting around you. How does that make sense, how can you genuinely ban someone for using a disallowed modification when the server is at 0TPS.

`
Let me know what you think, and what I can tweak in my suggestion to make it even better to improve the chances of this being accepted. Thank you.​

LexaFTW

Banned
+1, this is must do change for pika, cannons dont work properly, on most of the cannons triangle is not working like on other cannoning jar

PermaBanned

Rare Pika
+1 Improving cannon jar would definitely benefit the server a lot, more players would be interested in actually raiding since cannons would work like their supposed to unlike right now.

DanielT_

Veteran
Great Reporter
+1 I shot my auto cannon 255 stacker 0.1 second auto and server crash men wtf? please fix

Masvidal

Epic Pika
+1
I think this is a very valid and strong point. Would help make the server better definitely

ImNotLoxo

Banned
When we was patching for base to win f top... R. I. P tpsi cant hadle this anymore

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
I am 99% sure we will only change the jar upon the next reset.

Max

Staff Member
Owner
Suggestion - ACCEPTED

Hello moxxy17,​
Thank you for your interest in Pika-Network by creating a suggestion for the network.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it has been implemented within the latest reset.​
Have fun playing!​

Good afternoon,
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.