Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Global Changes to appeals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unawarely

The Pika
Minecraft Username:
Unawarely

Suggestion:
Changes to appeals

Detailed description:
A system needs to be put into place that lets people who have genuinely learned from their mistakes be able to play on the server again.

I think if you do something that amounts to a perm ban and you create a detailed and sincere appeal that shows that you've learned from your mistakes, I think your ban should be shortened to a length that will still deter cheaters and stop people from cheating/getting perm banned and faking a sincere appeal, such as 90+ days.

Same thing with permanent mutes, if it's clear that you have learned from your mistake, then I think you deserve to have your permanent mute changed to a 90+ day mute so you have an actual chance at being able to chat on the server.

Of course if you come back after your 90+ day ban and you repeat the offence that you have just done, perm ban no appeal.

The specific amount of days does not be be 90, it just needs to be enough so that it will actually be a deterrent to rule breakers but not so much that people will just move on from the server entirely, such as a year+.

Reason(s):
Now that buying unbans from the store is no longer possible, I think some changes to appeals need to be made.

The ranks on this server are very expensive by anyone's standard: 200+ euros for top ranks on many of the gamemodes.

If someone who has the top rank on a gamemode such as Opfactions, where the top rank is 400 euros, if they get banned for something such as encouraging breaking the rules, they have no chance of an unban due to our current appeal system and it's now 400+ euros down the drain.

Many of the people playing pika are kids/teens and everyone knows how easy it is for people, especially kids to make dumb mistakes.

Having this rule will allow and even encourage people to learn from their mistakes.

Example(s):
I spent 500 euros buying top rank, keys, and gkits. I have now made a (Genuine) mistake and learned from it, but I can't buy an unban and I can't appeal because our current system will just have it be denied. (Not me just a possible and likely scenario) (Not all punishments have to have the shortened ban option - I think cheating NEEDS the shortened ban option and Chargebacking should never)

Last edited:

0czz

Rare Pika
Neutral, its good that players get another chance, but there is also chance that they will for example, keep hacking and breaking other rules.

JustToGoody

The Pika
Neutral, its good that players get another chance, but there is also chance that they will for example, keep hacking and breaking other rules.
bro its a 90 day ban/mute and if they break the rules again they get IpBanned IpMuted

Jikacha132

Minecraft Username:
Unawarely

Suggestion:
Changes to appeals

Detailed description:
A system needs to be put into place that lets people who have genuinely learned from their mistakes be able to play on the server again.

I think if you do something that amounts to a perm ban and you create a detailed and sincere appeal that shows that you've learned from your mistakes, I think your ban should be shortened to a length that will still deter cheaters and stop people from cheating/getting perm banned and faking a sincere appeal, such as 90+ days.

Same thing with permanent mutes, if it's clear that you have learned from your mistake, then I think you deserve to have your permanent mute changed to a 90+ day mute so you have an actual chance at being able to chat on the server.

Of course if you come back after your 90+ day ban and you repeat the offence that you have just done, perm ban no appeal.

The specific amount of days does not be be 90, it just needs to be enough so that it will actually be a deterrent to rule breakers but not so much that people will just move on from the server entirely, such as a year+.

Reason(s):
Now that buying unbans from the store is no longer possible, I think some changes to appeals need to be made.

The ranks on this server are very expensive by anyone's standard: 200+ euros for top ranks on many of the gamemodes.

If someone who has the top rank on a gamemode such as Opfactions, where the top rank is 400 euros, if they get banned for something such as encouraging breaking the rules, they have no chance of an unban due to our current appeal system and it's now 400+ euros down the drain.

Many of the people playing pika are kids/teens and everyone knows how easy it is for people, especially kids to make dumb mistakes.

Having this rule will allow and even encourage people to learn from their mistakes.

Example(s):
I spent 500 euros buying top rank, keys, and gkits. I have now made a (Genuine) mistake and learned from it, but I can't buy an unban and I can't appeal because our current system will just have it be denied. (Not me just a possible and likely scenario) (Not all punishments have to have the shortened ban option - I think cheating NEEDS the shortened ban option and Chargebacking should never)
1+
i like this
Good suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.