Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Can you get banned due to high ping?

ThatMallowMan

IGN
ThatMallowMan
so long story short. I was playing bedwars and my ping was high and I kept warping back to one spot, I tried to get some iron just when this warping began and after a few minutes I was kicked, I restarted my pc and tried rejoining to discover a ban, I can only really pinpoint me getting that iron as a possible reason, are my suspicions correct?

TinCanL

Banned
Great Reporter
Yes, you can get banned/kicked due to high ping. The reasoning for this is because when you have high ping it causes you to have lower/delayed knockback, which can be seen as cheating by the anti cheat. Unfortunately, there is no ‘fix’ to this issue other then fixing your ping thru your Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThatMallowMan

ThatMallowMan

IGN
ThatMallowMan
Oh, thanks for the help! I think I had high ping cause I forgot to pause a mega upload I was making, gotta keep that in mind

TinCanL

Banned
Great Reporter
Yep, running/downloading apps in the background can severely effect your ping and play experience.

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
Helper
so long story short. I was playing bedwars and my ping was high and I kept warping back to one spot, I tried to get some iron just when this warping began and after a few minutes I was kicked, I restarted my pc and tried rejoining to discover a ban, I can only really pinpoint me getting that iron as a possible reason, are my suspicions correct?
Yes, High Ping does cause the ANTI-CHEAT to detect you and thus punishes you,
High CPS and Glitching into blocks will lead to a punishment by the console! ;)

Last edited:

Broke_boi

Legendary Pika
IGN
Phanleanhkhoi,Leanhkhoiphan,The_Swag_Gamer
I don't play on my own pc anymore bcuz I'm paranoid i'm gonna get banned. Ping always on1k+ when I have mc on

OP
OP
ThatMallowMan

ThatMallowMan

IGN
ThatMallowMan
I don't play on my own pc anymore bcuz I'm paranoid i'm gonna get banned. Ping always on1k+ when I have mc on
Lol,i don't get that bad of a ping but try to avoid doing much movement if it reaches 500 and if it is anything more than 600 ill just quit