Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Forums Be harsher/less harsh for different levels of rule breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unawarely

The Pika
Minecraft Username
momo250

Suggestion:
Be harsher/less harsh for different levels of rule breaking.

Detailed description:
If someone says in chat,: You're a dumba**," obviously this should be a warn/mute depending on which strike it was, however, saying this isn't so horrible. If you say the n word and the really bad c word, you should be permanently muted,, because that is just so offensive.​

Reason(s):
Their are different levels of cursing. There should be different levels of moderation for cursing.​

Example(s):
I reported a guy who said motherf---ing c--t. All he got was a warn. I think for saying something simple like dumba** is should be a warn, but something like this, or the n word, it sould atleast be a 1 week mute.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
Minecraft Username
momo250

Suggestion:
Be harsher/less harsh for different levels of rule breaking.

Detailed description:
If someone says in chat,: You're a dumba**," obviously this should be a warn/mute depending on which strike it was, however, saying this isn't so horrible. If you say the n word and the really bad c word, you should be permanently muted,, because that is just so offensive.

Reason(s):
Their are different levels of cursing. There should be different levels of moderation for cursing.

Example(s):
I reported a guy who said motherf---ing c--t. All he got was a warn. I think for saying something simple like dumba** is should be a warn, but something like this, or the n word,
+1 to this part
it sould atleast be a 1 week mute.
-1 to this

Cefery

Racism is not the same as swearing first of all. And there is a rule called discrimination which has different punishments from swearing. -1

Old_Prophet

The Pika
*** Trigger warning***
Although i agree with you, there is a lot more to consider when it comes to chat moderation if you want to make it completely fair. And the more fair you want to make it, the more impossible it becomes, until you have reached the point where you realize that you have written a book of law on chat moderation. Because, for example, what is the difference between writing ass or @ss or a$$ ? there is none. Everybody knows what is meant in all three cases. However, the first word will be deemed sexual content or swearing, depending on the staff member / reporter / situation, the other two will be - if you get the report processes by the right staff member - negative behavior.
Then there is things people can say even without using sexual or swear words, that are to awe full to just even think about in relation to a minecraft server but are still said at time. That technically are not even punishable, but will be punished if you make enough of a fuss about them.
At this time someone saying Sht or Fck is not even punished, where we all know exactly that they mean Shit or Fuck.
And that is the problem with communication. As long as the message is clear, the goal is reached. So when I call someone that i know is of negroid decent a "mthr Fcking ngger" I cannot be punished, But the person still knows exactly what i'm saying to them. And THAT is a lot worst then the situation you are describing here. That situation needs to be solved first.

MrFrenco

Staff Member
Manager
Hello,

Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork. Although, we already differentiate between punishments for chat offenses.

Have fun playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.