Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Allow Swearing to an Extent

Status
Not open for further replies.

moxxy17

Banned
Minecraft Username
zMoxxy

Suggestion:
Allow Swearing to an Extent

Detailed description:
Most players that play on pika-network can agree that the rules are a bit harsh. There are some things in this server, that you are not allowed to say, which in my opinion, and a lot of others' opinions make absolutely no sense. If you are new to pika-network, let me tell you what you aren't allowed to say. Saying the word "ass" or "shit" will instantly get you warned/muted depending on what offense you are on. If you say trash, you will also get warned for negative behavior.

This makes no sense to me, how can you mute someone for saying things like that, on a competitive server. Players are pvping, they are competing for payouts, there is definitely going to be some people who are going to say stuff like this. I do not understand why you cannot say these words, especially when they aren't used in a toxic manner. Why isn't saying things like "shit" or "ass" or "trash" allowed? You should be allowed to say those words, as long as it is not in a negative manner. If you are saying words like that, and directing those words at someone, that is when it should be punishable. But swear words should be allowed, if you aren't directing them at someone, I don't see why they can't be allowed on pika-network.​

Reason(s):
Now I will explain all my reasons for this.
1. There aren't only little kids playing this server. Let's face it, there aren't many players who are 8 years old who are competitively playing pika-network. Most players are at an old enough age for them to understand swearing, and not get upset when someone does swear. No player has to swear in chat if they don't want to, but I genuinely do not think other players will be UPSET when they see players swearing in chat. And if they are, maybe they are too young for this server.

2. This will decrease the number of players leaving the server as well. If a player gets muted, they might just leave the server and not want to play there anymore. Why? Because no one likes to do /nickname just to talk in less than 15 characters every time they need to communicate, and players that don't have /nickname can't even communicate with other players in-game.

3. Almost every single good server allows swearing to an extent. They allow players to swear as long as it isn't directed to someone in a toxic manner. Let's put some examples, MMC, Lunar, Velt, Viper. These are just some of the very popular servers, and if you visit their rules, you will see that there isn't a rule for swearing.

I would like to fully disclaim that if this does get accepted, you almost 100% will not be unmuted if you have been muted for this. There are too many people to unmute if this does get accepted. Obviously they cannot unmute everyone, it would have to be, from now on you will not get muted for swearing.
However they are really tight with rules, not many get changed. Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

Example(s):
N/A

Outscale

Banned
+1
I agree with this , but unfortunately only thing you will achieve with this thread is potentially get banned for "advertising other servers on forums" cause owners don't listen to the community at all.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
lmao now they will deny it without giving a reason, i hope they give a reason,

anyways +1,i said this a ton of times but ehhh they don't give a fork

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
[BGCOLOR=rgb(209, 213, 216)]neutral[/BGCOLOR]

Good morning/ afternoon/evening/ night,

MouraThat

Veteran
No No

Swearing is Swearing , I get your point and I agree that some words are too harsh but this just further complicates rules.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
Swearing is Swearing
ah yes the floor here is made out of floor

Lmao we arent 8 year old kids, why this rule even exists?
ive never seen ANY person who got offended becuase they were sworn at,
i doubt if any kid will cry because they saw someone on a block game swear, (not even towards anybody they just said "oh f*** i messed up") (and yes in this situation it matters that this is a block game)
we are being bad examples for kids? YeaH No KiD KnOWs HoW To SWaEr and we are ofc being bad examples
even saying bullsh is mutable
you actually think its normal?

just answer this, u actually think its normal to be muted for saying bullsh**?

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter

i doubt if any kid will cry because they saw someone on a block game swear, (not even towards anybody they just said "oh f*** i messed up") (and yes in this situation it matters that this is a block game)
we are being bad examples for kids? YeaH No KiD KnOWs HoW To SWaEr and we are ofc being bad examples

no lol

MouraThat

Veteran

Listen the example you have given personally I'm not offended nor do I think its too severe BUT the swearing rule is there to set a general precedent , its there to show that the server doesn't tolerate 'bad behaviour' , if you allowed certain words but not others it would create issues, hence its become a bit of a 'blanket rule'

Unawarely

The Pika
Minecraft Username
zMoxxy

Suggestion:
Allow Swearing to an Extent

Detailed description:
Most players that play on pika-network can agree that the rules are a bit harsh. There are some things in this server, that you are not allowed to say, which in my opinion, and a lot of others' opinions make absolutely no sense. If you are new to pika-network, let me tell you what you aren't allowed to say. Saying the word "ass" or "shit" will instantly get you warned/muted depending on what offense you are on. If you say trash, you will also get warned for negative behavior.

This makes no sense to me, how can you mute someone for saying things like that, on a competitive server. Players are pvping, they are competing for payouts, there is definitely going to be some people who are going to say stuff like this. I do not understand why you cannot say these words, especially when they aren't used in a toxic manner. Why isn't saying things like "shit" or "ass" or "trash" allowed? You should be allowed to say those words, as long as it is not in a negative manner. If you are saying words like that, and directing those words at someone, that is when it should be punishable. But swear words should be allowed, if you aren't directing them at someone, I don't see why they can't be allowed on pika-network.

Reason(s):
Now I will explain all my reasons for this.

1. There aren't only little kids playing this server. Let's face it, there aren't many players who are 8 years old who are competitively playing pika-network. Most players are at an old enough age for them to understand swearing, and not get upset when someone does swear. No player has to swear in chat if they don't want to, but I genuinely do not think other players will be UPSET when they see players swearing in chat. And if they are, maybe they are too young for this server.

2. This will decrease the number of players leaving the server as well. If a player gets muted, they might just leave the server and not want to play there anymore. Why? Because no one likes to do /nickname just to talk in less than 15 characters every time they need to communicate, and players that don't have /nickname can't even communicate with other players in-game.

3. Almost every single good server allows swearing to an extent. They allow players to swear as long as it isn't directed to someone in a toxic manner. Let's put some examples, MMC, Lunar, Velt, Viper. These are just some of the very popular servers, and if you visit their rules, you will see that there isn't a rule for swearing.

I would like to fully disclaim that if this does get accepted, you almost 100% will not be unmuted if you have been muted for this. There are too many people to unmute if this does get accepted. Obviously they cannot unmute everyone, it would have to be, from now on you will not get muted for swearing.

However they are really tight with rules, not many get changed. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Example(s):
N/A
For the negative behavior one, I think you should be able to say trash as much as you want, +1. For the swearing one, I think they should either make the punishment tree less harsh, or make saying the S word and the F word, etc ok, but then if you say it towards someone it would be punished. +1 overall for some type of change. For staff, however, it should still be like how it is now

Last edited:
OP
OP
moxxy17

moxxy17

Banned
No No

Swearing is Swearing , I get your point and I agree that some words are too harsh but this just further complicates rules.

I mean, why can't people just say "shit" or something in chat, it doesn't make the server worse.

OP
OP
moxxy17

moxxy17

Banned
For the negative behavior one, I think you should be able to say trash as much as you want, +1. For the swearing one, I think they should either make the punishment tree less harsh, or make saying the S word and the F word, etc ok, but then if you say it towards someone it would be punished. +1 overall for some type of change.
agree, thanks for your response.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
wtf we been friends since 2005 and you just give me a -1?
shows how fake you were :(
beuh, saying -1 doesn't show how bad xinolimit relationships between u. He is just stating his stance. Doesn't means he is fake for your friendship. Xinolimit, you shoulg give a reason to comfort your friend tho xD

UpperGround

Great Reporter
For the negative behavior one, I think you should be able to say trash as much as you want, +1. For the swearing one, I think they should either make the punishment tree less harsh, or make saying the S word and the F word, etc ok, but then if you say it towards someone it would be punished. +1 overall for some type of change.
finally something we both agree on lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.