Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Allow Swearing to an Extent

Status
Not open for further replies.

moxxy17

Banned
Minecraft Username
zMoxxy

Suggestion:
Allow Swearing to an Extent

Detailed description:
Most players that play on pika-network can agree that the rules are a bit harsh. There are some things in this server, that you are not allowed to say, which in my opinion, and a lot of others' opinions make absolutely no sense. If you are new to pika-network, let me tell you what you aren't allowed to say. Saying the word "ass" or "shit" will instantly get you warned/muted depending on what offense you are on. If you say trash, you will also get warned for negative behavior.

This makes no sense to me, how can you mute someone for saying things like that, on a competitive server. Players are pvping, they are competing for payouts, there is definitely going to be some people who are going to say stuff like this. I do not understand why you cannot say these words, especially when they aren't used in a toxic manner. Why isn't saying things like "shit" or "ass" or "trash" allowed? You should be allowed to say those words, as long as it is not in a negative manner. If you are saying words like that, and directing those words at someone, that is when it should be punishable. But swear words should be allowed, if you aren't directing them at someone, I don't see why they can't be allowed on pika-network.​

Reason(s):
Now I will explain all my reasons for this.
1. There aren't only little kids playing this server. Let's face it, there aren't many players who are 8 years old who are competitively playing pika-network. Most players are at an old enough age for them to understand swearing, and not get upset when someone does swear. No player has to swear in chat if they don't want to, but I genuinely do not think other players will be UPSET when they see players swearing in chat. And if they are, maybe they are too young for this server.

2. This will decrease the number of players leaving the server as well. If a player gets muted, they might just leave the server and not want to play there anymore. Why? Because no one likes to do /nickname just to talk in less than 15 characters every time they need to communicate, and players that don't have /nickname can't even communicate with other players in-game.

3. Almost every single good server allows swearing to an extent. They allow players to swear as long as it isn't directed to someone in a toxic manner. Let's put some examples, MMC, Lunar, Velt, Viper. These are just some of the very popular servers, and if you visit their rules, you will see that there isn't a rule for swearing.

I would like to fully disclaim that if this does get accepted, you almost 100% will not be unmuted if you have been muted for this. There are too many people to unmute if this does get accepted. Obviously they cannot unmute everyone, it would have to be, from now on you will not get muted for swearing.
However they are really tight with rules, not many get changed. Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

Example(s):
N/A

Unawarely

The Pika
The responses to @Oh_Itz_Sahil , kinda prove why there is a rule on swearing , because the words that you guys use to him even though they aren't particularly offensive they aren't nice and there's no need for that..
I think zMoxxy menas like saying the S word or F word along. For example, "momo250 has died" momo250: Sh*t. momo250: F*ck. << That is not punishable, but saying f*ck you is, or any swearing directed at a player

MouraThat

Veteran
I think zMoxxy menas like saying the S word or F word along. For example, "momo250 has died" momo250: Sh*t. momo250: F*ck. << That is not punishable, but saying f*ck you is, or any swearing directed at a player
To be honest I just think all swearing should be discouraged , even if its just saying the word its not the best thing to do.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
no one cares about you swearing in real life.
But now you are in a block server, you need to follow the rules in the server.
Which SWEARING IS NOT ALLOWED

UpperGround

Great Reporter
same, i hate that. this is just a game, why you need to swear???
let me explain simply

The game has competitive gamemodes such as factions, its not necessary for you to swear, You dont HAVE to, but since its a competitive gamemode, people tend to be fighting.

need clarification?

no one cares about you swearing in real life.
But now you are in a block server, you need to follow the rules in the server.
Which SWEARING IS NOT ALLOWED
LOl
if we are swearing in real life why can't we swear in a block game?? who gets affected negatively because of people saying bullsh**?

sweatberries

Minecraft Username
zMoxxy

Suggestion:
Allow Swearing to an Extent

Detailed description:
Most players that play on pika-network can agree that the rules are a bit harsh. There are some things in this server, that you are not allowed to say, which in my opinion, and a lot of others' opinions make absolutely no sense. If you are new to pika-network, let me tell you what you aren't allowed to say. Saying the word "ass" or "shit" will instantly get you warned/muted depending on what offense you are on. If you say trash, you will also get warned for negative behavior.

This makes no sense to me, how can you mute someone for saying things like that, on a competitive server. Players are pvping, they are competing for payouts, there is definitely going to be some people who are going to say stuff like this. I do not understand why you cannot say these words, especially when they aren't used in a toxic manner. Why isn't saying things like "shit" or "ass" or "trash" allowed? You should be allowed to say those words, as long as it is not in a negative manner. If you are saying words like that, and directing those words at someone, that is when it should be punishable. But swear words should be allowed, if you aren't directing them at someone, I don't see why they can't be allowed on pika-network.

Reason(s):
Now I will explain all my reasons for this.

1. There aren't only little kids playing this server. Let's face it, there aren't many players who are 8 years old who are competitively playing pika-network. Most players are at an old enough age for them to understand swearing, and not get upset when someone does swear. No player has to swear in chat if they don't want to, but I genuinely do not think other players will be UPSET when they see players swearing in chat. And if they are, maybe they are too young for this server.

2. This will decrease the number of players leaving the server as well. If a player gets muted, they might just leave the server and not want to play there anymore. Why? Because no one likes to do /nickname just to talk in less than 15 characters every time they need to communicate, and players that don't have /nickname can't even communicate with other players in-game.

3. Almost every single good server allows swearing to an extent. They allow players to swear as long as it isn't directed to someone in a toxic manner. Let's put some examples, MMC, Lunar, Velt, Viper. These are just some of the very popular servers, and if you visit their rules, you will see that there isn't a rule for swearing.

I would like to fully disclaim that if this does get accepted, you almost 100% will not be unmuted if you have been muted for this. There are too many people to unmute if this does get accepted. Obviously they cannot unmute everyone, it would have to be, from now on you will not get muted for swearing.

However they are really tight with rules, not many get changed. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Example(s):
N/A

+1 agreed

MrFrenco

Staff Member
Manager
Hello,

Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork. Unfortunately we don't think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. Therefore your suggestion will be denied.

Have fun playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.