Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Lobby add ./report command, so we dont need to go here and report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minecraft Username
thadeus_hayashi

Suggestion:
add ./report command, so we dont need to go here and report

Detailed description:
add /report command to the pika network server or even jartex if they dont have /report command​

Reason(s):
few of our players doesnt have account on this network​

Example(s):
/report [name] [reason like : kill aura,fly hacks,anti reach,scaffhold,etc]

D

Deleted member 23559

You are assuming the best in all scenarios. There's a reason this suggestion gets shot down when its suggested every month. It's more harmful overall than it is helpful.

Also, while rage hacking and some kill auras are fairly obvious, that doesn't mean all hacks are clearly obvious. The other issue is if someone /report's, and you only look for ten seconds and give up after that, you aren't really doing your job. You'd have to watch them for a good minute or two to make sure they aren't toggling or something. If it is a hacker, you've got to record and file the recording before banning because that's what the staff here do, unlike wherever you were staff. Doing your due diligence takes more than a couple seconds to decide if someone is hacking or not
You either see someone blatant and ban, takes under 5 seconds. You either see someone slowly toggling, max 2 minutes, if someone is using a ghost client you will have to freeze and screenshare. So overall worst-case scenario is 10-minute screenshare, now a forums report realistic scenario is a /report near worst-case scenario. I have no idea what else you need an explanation for

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
You either see someone blatant and ban, takes under 5 seconds. You either see someone slowly toggling, max 2 minutes, if someone is using a ghost client you will have to freeze and screenshare. So overall worst-case scenario is 10-minute screenshare, now a forums report realistic scenario is a /report near worst-case scenario. I have no idea what else you need an explanation for

I can't bother with responding after this. You either aren't reading what I'm saying, or you just don't care and are that dug in on your opinion. Either way, not worth it at this point. See you again when this is denied like every other /report suggestion

UpperGround

Great Reporter
1) staff arent online 24/7
2)there will be tons of reports flooding staff members screen
3)most of them will be false
4) it would be hard to handle
5) people/trolls can abuse it by spamming /report for no reason (im surprised no one said that yet),
6)it wouldn't be efficient since checking all the reports would be impossible considering there will be ~20 reports coming every minute and the amount of staff online in the game (most of the time)
7) itd be hard to keep track of all the reports
8) staff member are volunteered players to keep the server clean, so they are pretty much just like other players, imagine playing bedwars and all of a sudden you get [XxXX Reported YyYYy for fucking noob] and those types of things every single minute in your chat

Paotzyyy

Veteran
-1 Reporting on forum is way easier now than before anyways, if the player hacking like kill aura and flying then record and upload. If the the player are Flooding/ Spamming then screenshot, download a lightshot app for so you can have a link screenshots on website.

markiii

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Staff members are meant to try and multi-task in-game PVP zones, reports, forums, and discord. Yes, a lot of people will spam it and might end up wasting staff members' time, but a simple yet effective system could be easily made to tackle that problem. If someone was already reported more than 3 times, they can't get reported again for the next 5 minutes because the staff will most likely check him very soon. Staff members can also communicate properly for each of them to handle a set amount of reports so it's not all a big cluster of reports and 2 staff members checking the same one, which would be wasting time.
man, have some empthy on the staff, its not that easy to be a staff, they are just like us players, but they just volunteer to make the server clean and better.

D

Deleted member 23559

Imagine quoting two people at once just to say "lol"

Well

Lol
I mean, if I say anything they will reply with "no /report bad, too much for staff, it will always be flooded lolol" so there isn't any point with replying with an actual sentence anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

tlang

Veteran
I am the one who is supposed to farm posts but ok.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
And that is exactly what I'm doing now, and I'm p sure the "lol" reply made it clear that I'm not continuing
stating a clear reason to add /report would be much better than arguing and then saying lol to end an argument

ok im out

Quikesss

-1 Its a staff members job, regardless if its too much it makes reporting cheaters easier, which is the point of staffing

OP
OP
thadeus_hayashi
Well the problem is,
We couldn't punish the player without proof and if we see you've /report someone but then they are offline , they just won't get punished
The forums is much better as it means people know to record the player and staff are guranateed to see the report
yes we need a proff but maybe we can just /report [name] [reason] then add the proff to the discord i guess

SweatTap

Epic Pika
Hello there!
After reviewing your suggestion i have decided to give you -1 due to:
~ It could be easily abused by a lot of people that are new to the game and don't understand the physics very well
~People could just abuse it for fun.
~You can always report someone to an online staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.