Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Discord Add Discord only staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperRSmash

Veteran
Username:
HyperRSmash

Suggestion:
Add Discord only staff

Detailed description:
The title by itself is self-explanatory but to be more clear, if Pika had staff dedicated to discord only, then the chats would be more moderated. This is something important for a server of the size of Pika, since there are toons of people chatting there everyday.

For this to work, players should apply on the forums but, instead of applying on the usual Staff Applications, they would apply to a different new section: Discord Staff Applications.

Players should be required to have thousands of messages in discord, be known, etc, to be sure that they would be a good addition on the discord staff team.

I believe there should be 3 roles in this: the first one would be the equivalente of a trial: a discord staff who could warn and mute players, since many discord punishments are either a warning or a mute. The second role would be the equivalente of a helper: they would have more experience, and would be more trusted than a trial, due to their already said experience. They would have bans permissions, in addition to the trial's permissions.

The last role would be the discord staff manager. It could either be the Pika manager (MrFrenco) or there could be a global Pika admin dedicated to manage the discord staff team, to be more focused on them.

Reason(s):
The reasons why I find important for this to be implemented is because there are multiple times when a player is breaking the rules in Pika discord, and there is no staff available, so if there was a discord staff team, the chances of this happening would be lower and Pika would have a faster line of defense against rule breakers.

A server of the size of Pika needs to have active staff everywhere, so if there was a discord staff team, Pika global staff could be more focused on the forums and in game, since discord would have a dedicated team to moderate it. This would make Pika moderation more efficient.
As an important note, the global staffs would still have the same permissions in discord, as this suggestion only intends to ADD another form of moderation, without taking away the current one.

Last edited:

Regretfull

Staff Member
Helper
The role could be named as "Chat Moderator" and has perms to kick/mute and there could be like a Senior Chat Moderator role with ban perms etc
(I got told to comment on this so Staff know and I aint tryan revive old posts sorry)

MrFrenco

Staff Member
Manager
Dedicating staff to moderate Discord which already has strong profanity filters and measurements to prevent it seems a waste of time to manage. I don't see how this is beneficial in any way, just for people that don't want to spend time on the server but like to have a social hangout on Discord to have a role to look fancy is how this idea looks to me.

There are only 2 things you can do in a Discord server and that's spamming or using profanity which doesn't require a whole separate team to be handled. Having someone send the same message 10 times in a row isn't really affecting anyone their experience at PikaNetwork.
I have nothing more to add.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.