Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied BedWars Add a super T.N.T that can blow through obsidian

NpGamingBoy

Legendary Pika
IGN
NpGamingBoy
Minecraft Username:
nooLEG

Suggestion:
Add a super T.N.T that can blow through obsidian

Detailed description:
A super T.N.T that can break obsidian. It would be overpowered so to balance it out it should be expensive, like 6 emeralds and a very short fuse time or an instant explosion to prevent players from dropping it from above ; meaning they would have to be next to the bed defense instead of above it.​

Reason(s):
Mining through obsidian, especially when they have miner fatigue trap is a pain. So to counter that, this powerful T.N.T should be added.​

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Enderpearling is not an option for me (this is a "me" problem). You need a fast enough reaction time to epearl clutch. Thats npt possible for me cause I dont have a mouse. I use a laptop with a trackpad and moving fast and accurately with a trackpad is, believe me its quite hard.
ik, notepad is trash fr if you wanna play mc.
a mouse is needed

OP
OP
NpGamingBoy

NpGamingBoy

Legendary Pika
IGN
NpGamingBoy
Obsidian costs 8 emeralds and is supposed to be the best bed defense in the entire game. If a "super TNT" becomes a thing nobody would ever buy obsidian because the whole point of obsidian is to be hard to break.

Of course, it's a pain. And it's supposed to be a pain - obsidian costs 8 emeralds. For that price, someone could have bought potions and diamond armor, or a punch bow and potions, or 2 pearls, or a diamond sword and a pearl... There are so many good things you can buy with 8 emeralds, so why would you ever buy obsidian that can be destroyed for a price of 6 emeralds instantly?
Furthermore, it takes some skill to break obsidian with a pickaxe effectively and I don't want that skill aspect of the game to be removed. If you don't have that skill, wait for bed destruction.
So here are a couple of things i want to mention.
1. Obsidian doesnt actually cost 8 emeralds. 8 emeralds is just to cover the whole bed. And another thing the "super TNT" wouldnt break the whole defence. It would break something like 2 or 3 obsidian which can be easily be repaired if its a kinda late game.

2. It wouldn't remove the skill to break obsidian efficiently with a pick. Instead it would make a new skill to place that tnt. Making a tnt break obby would mean to increase tnt's power and increasing its power means increasing its damage.

Arrly

Staff Member
Manager
IGN
Arrly
So here are a couple of things i want to mention.
1. Obsidian doesnt actually cost 8 emeralds. 8 emeralds is just to cover the whole bed. And another thing the "super TNT" wouldnt break the whole defence. It would break something like 2 or 3 obsidian which can be easily be repaired if its a kinda late game.

2. It wouldn't remove the skill to break obsidian efficiently with a pick. Instead it would make a new skill to place that tnt. Making a tnt break obby would mean to increase tnt's power and increasing its power means increasing its damage.
1. It costs 8 emeralds in practice. You cannot do anything with 4 obsidian other than making an illusion that you have obsidian while you actually don't. It's not about repairing the damage super TNT caused. It's about the fact that for the price of 6 emeralds you have a very high chance to destroy the bed fully covered in obsidian just by right-clicking on it.
2. Which skill? If such TNT has a near-instant explosion timer, that would mean there's no skill involved, other than clicking the right button on your mouse. You would've been able to simply destroy the rest of bed defense from above with regular TNT's, and then jump down and place the super TNT, run around a little bit and break the bed. Or, even worse, you can place the super TNT and die while your teammate can break the bed.

Silver Wing

The Pika
IGN
SilverWing_YT / Silverizz
Add a super tnt that will destroy your brain
Obsidian are meant not to be blown up by tnt
And it's the only block in pika bedwars that doesn't blow up by tnt
So -1