Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

A big let down for me.

notknown876

Legendary Pika
IGN
notknown876
Minecraft username:
notknown876​

Title:
A big let down for me.​

Sky PvP has a lot of potential in it but the way pika has made the gamemode is not good. I would have loved it to be a minigame which has victory and loss in it. Pika can make it 1.20 PvP based minigame since 1.20 PvP is getting popular this days and a lot of players are shifting to 1.20 PvP. They can redesign the Sky PvP to be a minigame in which there can be quad and solo mode in which there will be proper chest in islands where they will get loot. A team will spawn in an island where they will find proper loot to begin with like iron armour for all teammates and an iron sword and as they start making their journey towards the central island the chest containing the loots we be getting better as well. If the make it 1.20 PvP they can introduce end crystals and cross bow which will be great addition in PvP. They can also add potion of levitating so that if a player is falling in void he/she can use it to survive the fall plus it can be used in other scenarios if a enemy is at height the player can use it to go to the enemy or if a chest is placed at height the player can use it to go there. There can be the addition of potion of slow falling so if the player is falling from a great height he/she can survive it and also if there potion of levitation worn out when they are at height they can use them to clutch. The Sky PvP is not what I dreamt when it was first teased in discord. It has let down my expectations as the gamemode has a lot of potential.​

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Developer
What you are describing is just SkyWars on 1.20.
We know that 1.20 is a fun version and we have plans to release more 1.20 gamemodes that are PvP focussed as well, but for SkyPvP we decided 1.8 is the best version.

It is not meant to be a minigame and it won't be one, the minigame version of SkyPvP is SkyWars, which is already a gamemode we offer.
Is there anything else you would like to see in SkyPvP, besides a newer version and it being a minigame?