Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global 8v8 Bedwars [EFFORT POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonnn

Username:
Masonnn​

Suggestion:
8v8 Bedwars [EFFORT POST]​

Detailed description:
Why 8v8?

Well basically I was going through some of the Bedwars forums and there were few problems I've been seeing a lot discussed in the forums.
1. Rushing
2. Jump Pot abuse
3. Targetting
So I decided to solve these problem by making a new system.

However there is a problem when making a game mode with large amount of people in each team
1. Harder to break beds
2. Less jobs for each individual players

So I came up with few ideas that could deal with these problems.

Map Positioning:

Bases
- Basically there will be four bases just like in 4v4v4v4, each team guarding two bases. The same team's bases will be facing each other, in order to avoid gathering together in the beginning of the game. Each base will have one bed, meaning that each team will have two beds to guard. Once one bed gets destroyed, the other one also gets destroyed, meaning they will no longer respawn once either of the beds get destroyed. This allows the game to be more fast-paced, and also the game will not hugely change from the current game mode.

Diamond–––––Red Base––––Diamond
|
|
Blue Base–––––Middle Island –––––Blue Base
|
|
Diamond–––––Red Base–––––Diamond

OR

Red Base
|
|
Diamond ------ Middle Island ----- Diamond
|
|
Blue Base

Emerald Generator (AKA mid) - In the middle of the four bases, there will be a middle island which has two emerald generators. The spawn rate will be as same as the one in 4v4v4v4.

Diamond Generator - Beside the middle island, there will also be four with two diamond generator, just like in 4v4v4v4. The diamonds will be important in the first phase of the game since it is nearly impossible to collect emeralds without buying an upgrade. However there is another system I want to add - which is domination. Each diamond island can be dominated by staying there (imagine the domination in Warlords). Only the team that dominated the diamond island can get diamonds. Other team has to beat all the players on the island and dominate them in order to collect diamonds. During the first phase, players will compete getting diamonds. It is also placed beside the middle island.

Sorry don't have enough time to draw or build the map, but this is what it looks like

Diamond–––––Red Base––––Diamond
|
|
Blue Base–––––Middle Island –––––Blue Base
|
|
Diamond–––––Red Base–––––Diamond

Spawn Rate:
Diamond Generator -
The spawn rate of diamonds will be twice as fast as the ones in 4v4v4v4 game mode, due to the fact that upgrades in 8v8 will be more expensive, compared to the other game modes.

Iron and Gold Generator - The spawn rate of irons and golds will be the same since each team will be guaranteed with two spawners.

Emerald Generator - I was thinking whether I should keep the spawn rate of the emerald as it is or double it. After a discussion I decided to reduce the spawn rate of the emerald by 3/2, making it a bit faster but not too fast. There will also be more competition in the middle, so the emerald value will be pretty balanced.

Item Shop:

TNT (16 Golds)
- Since there is only one bed (out of two beds your opponent are guarding) you're aiming to destroy, obviously tnt should cost even more. This also makes tnt more valuable but also risky, since if you lose them, basically you lose 20 golds.

The bows will be in the same order but - (20 golds, 40 golds, 8 emeralds respectively) -
The cost of long ranged weapon should be more expensive compared to other game mode, due to the fact that the spawn rate of golds and irons will be higher since there are two spawns per team, and in order to avoid players buying a bow on early game and abusing them for kills.

Spawn System:
Since there are two bases you can spawn, I think there should be an option for a player to choose which base to spawn when they die. This allows the game to be more strategical, through the placement of the players.

Cons:
Obviously the game will take longer, so maybe people who wants the game to be shorter won't like it.

What if both team camps?
Again, the game will probably take longer if both team camps, which could lead to a tedious and devastating game. I am thinking of shortening the time of death match, but I would like to hear other players' opinions on this.

By the way, I don't find criticism to be rude. It's really helpful. Currently, I find my idea to be incomplete, and I need your honest thoughts to my ideas. I am willing to change it, if your feedback is very good. My goal is to create something majority of people will agree to it, and in order to make this happen, I need everyone's help.

Please Everyone Read This!

If you have any feedback or questions, please reply with your feedback or ask the question before rating this suggestion -1 ! It took a lot of time after all.
Hope you like this suggestion and as said leave a feedback if you have any problems. Have a good day/night Everyone!​

Reason(s):

zAerxn

Legendary Pika
damn that's a lot to read I wonder if I can read that much

Silver Wing

The Pika
4 bases per team, that means there will be an average of 2 players per base
I guess it should be 1 or 2 per team

Silver Wing

The Pika
Hello and thanks for replying. its 8 players vs 8 players - 2 Bases
Ah sry, got a little confused there
But it will most probably get denied since it was denied before too (but that was for 16v16)
Anyways +1 from me

JustSuperiorr

Great Reporter
I don't think pika-network has that many players for 8v8 matches. It would be a VERY long queue for the game start.

Silver Wing

The Pika
I don't think pika-network has that many players for 8v8 matches. It would be a VERY long queue for the game start.
Ah I remember, before 2020 there used to be 4v4 (not 4v4v4v4, it didnt existed at that time)
And the number of players that were playing was always either 0 or 1

Last edited:

Skq1er

Great Reporter
I will assume this would be limited time, correct?

Alparo_

Great Reporter
Hello Masonnn,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Not planned to be added for now.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.