Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Practice Violent rule breakers' stats reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chisa

Pika Member
Username:
Chisa​

Suggestion:
Violent rule breakers' stats reset​

Detailed description:
The server has a rule stating that boosting is forbidden and is punishable by an IP ban and resetting stats. But offenders can also gain stats dishonestly, not only by killing harmless bots, but also by using illegal modifications and cheats. Thus, players can score rating points and kills dishonestly. As an example, we can use the player hecker101101 who is ranked 11th in kills per game with a total of 11,000 kills. The player is now permanently banned for refusing ScreenShare (repeated). This is why I propose to reset stats to zero for players who have been blocked for breaking rules such as:
Using cheats and illegal modifications
Admitting to cheating before screen sharing
Cleaning your bin or deleting files before screen sharing
Having a ghost client
Having an illegal modification (active)
Opening a Process Hacker/PowerShell since the last restart
Refusing to screen share
Of course, staff can make a mistake and false ban a player. To prevent this, server can log statistics of the player for appealing period.​

Reason(s):
This suggestion will make game leaderboards much cleaner, not only in Practice but on the all gamemodes​

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
Helper
Not for the community to decide plus boosting rule breakers get their starts resetted.

OP
OP
C

Chisa

Pika Member
Not for the community to decide plus boosting rule breakers get their starts resetted.
Agreed, community can't decide, but we as part of community can suggest this valuable rule as I mentioned earlier boosting in most cases is killing bots to raise your statistics, but leaderboards contain cheaters that also shouldn't be there as boosters. Cheaters sooner or later get banned, but their stats are not being resetted, that's why I created this suggestion

arnav_18

Legendary Pika
IGN
arnav_18
Username:
Chisa

Suggestion:
Violent rule breakers' stats reset

Detailed description:
The server has a rule stating that boosting is forbidden and is punishable by an IP ban and resetting stats. But offenders can also gain stats dishonestly, not only by killing harmless bots, but also by using illegal modifications and cheats. Thus, players can score rating points and kills dishonestly. As an example, we can use the player hecker101101 who is ranked 11th in kills per game with a total of 11,000 kills. The player is now permanently banned for refusing ScreenShare (repeated). This is why I propose to reset stats to zero for players who have been blocked for breaking rules such as:

Using cheats and illegal modifications

Admitting to cheating before screen sharing

Cleaning your bin or deleting files before screen sharing

Having a ghost client

Having an illegal modification (active)

Opening a Process Hacker/PowerShell since the last restart

Refusing to screen share

Of course, staff can make a mistake and false ban a player. To prevent this, server can log statistics of the player for appealing period.

Reason(s):
This suggestion will make game leaderboards much cleaner, not only in Practice but on the all gamemodes
Banning role breakers wouldn't be a better option

i.e. better anticheat

OP
OP
C

Chisa

Pika Member
Banning role breakers wouldn't be a better option

i.e. better anticheat
Yeah, but the best way to decrease number of cheaters is to combine anticheat and staff work, and if fly hackers don't care about their accounts, closet cheaters care, that's wwhy they use closet settings of autoclickers and ghost clients. This suggestion is aimed at closet cheaters, people that can play with illegal modifications for more than a week or month. They can wait their 30 day ban out, but their stats what they sweat would be gone as their motivation to play that way.

SNOWZYSSTVv1

Banned
IGN
BeastGuy
-1 I can see where you are going with this as if you were cheating in the past for what ever reason and have stopped you want that not to me your reputation although I don't think it our decision

OP
OP
C

Chisa

Pika Member
-1 I can see where you are going with this as if you were cheating in the past for what ever reason and have stopped you want that not to me your reputation although I don't think it our decision
I understand your position, but let's look from different angle. Do you want to be known as player that gained his cool statistics with cheats, or to be known as good player that has not so cool stats, but his skill is high?

Anuly

Staff Member
Sr Mod
Hello Chisa,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • It's not completely fair to remove the player's data because they cheated once. There's a reason the punishment for cheating is immediately not permanent ban since we believe in giving second chances by making the ban temporary and letting them have a chance to play legit again.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.