Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Survival Upload the maps online at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperRSmash

Veteran
Minecraft Username:
HyperRSmash

Suggestion:
Upload the maps online at the end of the season

Detailed description:
Upload the maps of the season online, so that players could download it, put them on their download files and use that file to play on the world.

-> This would be done at the end of each survival season.

-> In the case for this last season, Blue and Red world files would be both put online.

-> If the files from End and Nether are sepeated from the Blue and Red world, I don't find it needed to upload those 2 world files as well, since End and Nether are mostly raided and the players don't build much in there.

Reason(s):
Survival is usually pointless, you survive, gather resources, build, and that's pretty much it. It is fun because of the community of it, and being able to play together with other players instead of the normal single player survival.

Yet, one thing that I'm sure most (if not all) of the survival players would like, is to be able to build things in pika, and in the end of the season, to keep these builds. Most of them built alot of things there, in the past seasons, and when it is reseted, all is lost, and all that remains of it, is the memory of these builds which, many times, are huge things that tookmany times days or months to be finished.

Servers allow players to build together, and with that to make amazing things, but it is sad that those builds will go away when it resets, and if those worlds would be uploaded online, players could keep them as a memory.

This would motivate players more to play survival, since their work would not be wasted as whatever they build now, they'll be able to keep it forever by simply downloading the file online, putting it on the currect folder on the mc files, and just joining it.

To sum up, I think that this should be done at the end of each season since many players miss their builds when survival resets, and this would motivate players to build there and spend more time since they wouldn't lose all their work when it resets.

This could also be done with the previous seasons maps, in case the owners still have access to them.

SezarBD

Legendary Pika
Very late to this but yea +1 for sure.
The only thing is GL to whoever decides to save the files coz your laptop gonna suffer a goood amount of load for these files.
Normal pc can load such a big save file? 🤭

Mobman2345

Pika Member
+1

I absolutely love this suggestion, I would really like to revisit the old worlds in a year or two and mess around with it, take a stroll around it and let the memories come flooding in. Its a great way to preserve history from the server that isn't screenshots, with this it would be more meaningful or intimate I guess?

DeathBoy

Banned
+ Totally agreed, I don't play survival anymore but you have a point.

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey HyperRSmash,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
Unfortunately, we do not think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork.​
Every map itself is over 200 GB, currently, all survival worlds are totally over 700 GB.​
We simply cannot publish this, and I don't think players are able to download such large files.​
If you guys have another solution for this, please let us know.​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.