Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Survival Transporting animals within worlds and between worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username
tozztozzo

Suggestion:
Transporting animals within worlds and between worlds.

Detailed description:
I would love to be able to transport rare animals like pandas and mooshrooms to my home base through portals or by picking them up somehow with a special safari net obtained at something like the blackmarket for a price. If my base is in red world and I only find them in blue world there is no way I can transport them. Also, tamed pets cannot be given across worlds using /givepet either.

Reason(s):
Disabling the ability to transport mobs through portals limits us to using the overworld but I understand it is probably to stop some sort of dupe bug but this makes transporting mobs a lot more difficult and possibly impossible. Since the despawn bug it is difficult to find certain mobs like pandas, polar bears and mooshrooms and the biomes could be claimed by players. I found some pandas but they are more than 10,000 blocks from home. I can't send them through a portal so I would need to make a tunnel, go around claims, and hope no one kills them. If you cannot enable them to go through a portal, picking them up with a safari net would be a great idea. They would be like spawn eggs but not because you would need to find the animal and use it and it wouldn't be reuseable. Also, this safari net could be used across worlds so if you moved your base or found them in the other world you could move them.

Last edited:

leaf26

Legendary Pika
It's certainly possible to make it so that ridden animals and animals on leads would teleport with a player. The HorseTPWithMe dev did it ages ago.

OP
OP
tozztozzo

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
It's certainly possible to make it so that ridden animals and animals on leads would teleport with a player. The HorseTPWithMe dev did it ages ago.
That is exactly what I want.

Axteroid

Configurator
Developer
Imagine bringing ender dragon to overworld

leaf26

Legendary Pika
there doesn't need to be a whitelist of animals. If it can be leashed or ridden, isn't claimed, and isn't the ender dragon, a player should be able to take it home.

OP
OP
tozztozzo

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
there doesn't need to be a whitelist of animals. If it can be leashed or ridden, isn't claimed, and isn't the ender dragon, a player should be able to take it home.
Oh yeah I just realised not everything can be leashed but this means a panda wouldn't teleport and I want them :(

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
Something that could be cool is if you shift + right click on a mob with a lead they get added into a special 'barn' section of your clan which you can withdraw later. At level 1 you get 1 slot and each subsequent level milestone (5, 10, 15, etc) you get +1 slot until level 25 where you get +4 for a total of 9 barn slots. The lead would be consumed by the system until you withdraw the animal. Then you get it back. (As if you were leading them around the whole time)

One major problem with this is the ability to keep animals safe in claims, so if this could be integrated to work with GriefPrevention that'd be perfect. Those with container trust and normal trust could pick up mobs.

As a means to protect a mob, if they're named they could become unobtainable. If they're owned by another player (in the case of taimed wolves) then they would become unobtainable as well.

Maybe for every x amount of time there is an upkeep fee for housing animals.
Example: every 24 hours it costs $100 per slot to withhold the animal. If there is no animal in the slot, then the cost would be 0.

Do not allow this to work on rideable mobs which have the ability to have chests added because that could lead to a possible dupe.

It should only work on passive mobs. Nothing hostile (minus wolves, and others which are mostly passive until provoked).

Last edited:

Max

Staff Member
Owner
Suggestion - ACCEPTED

Hello tozztozzo,​
Thank you for your interest in Pika-Network by creating a suggestion for the network.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is in someway implemented and something to travel mobs have been added!​
Have fun playing!​

Good night,
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.