Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Things i would change on factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
Interesting post, I must say that you have a view of factions that I've never seen maybe because u've played on other servers very different than pika. So here we go:

1. more than 1 F home for factions
I've seen servers with a diferent factions plugin that allow players to make warps in claimed land i.e: warp grinder, warp chests, warp heads room, etc. I like this, It makes the faction more OP since u can make different boxes that dont need a connection with each other and therefore makes it harder to raid. So that being said I would like to see this if it costed big money to the faction and if there was some buff in raiding like tnt and ceggs cheaper and lava flow disabled. This because making a base with such different boxes would be harder to raid completly.
It also makes the expericne more joyful to simple members like me that have only one home.

2. setting home on other faction's territory should not be possible
This is a hard one for me, but I incline to say no to this. If a player manages to cannon into your base he should be able to sethome there, this because cannoning is tricky and requieres knowledge, practice and lots of resources. So if a player has been cannoning for hours and gets in, then a player comes online to kill him he cant come back later with allys or better gear.
Now the reason that its hard for me is that there are many glitchers on pika and i dont find it fair that a player can sethome in claimed land if he just glitched in with a horse, pearl, boat or w/e.
This can also create conflicts with the way factions is currently played on pika, I've seen factions that allow allys to sethome in their bases to share grinders or vaults. Other problem that i see with this is that you can remove a home of a player by claiming on it. I dunno if this has happen to you but, I once had a home on the edge of the world to find later that a base was being built there.
It would also not be so crazy to allow an ally faction to temporally claim around your base so they remove the homes of players that may have found your base.

3. once kickt from a faction , if the player had a set home , it should be deleted

I think the core about this point is Trust. If a player is stealing or betraying the faction then the one who let him in didnt do his job. Yes it sucks that you have to make another base but its factions yo. If this were to be implemented it could create a different scenario too: Theres a player with a lot of gear, spawners and high rank, lets make him join the faction and once he puts all his stuff in our base lets kick him, free loot get rekt. So yea i say no to this one because it goes against the trust building system bs that factions must have in my personal view. In my opinion all this issues can be fixed with a plugin that allows different perms to faction members, Rayne80 made a post about it on the previous website but it got overlooked.

4. respawn should not be at F home ever

Even tho I've get into bases and camp the f home I would say Yes to this one. You can make your f home safer but when it comes to betrayal theres not much you can do to defend your base. This is why many factions dont even have an f home, they just have homes on different spots of their bases and if you are a simple member with one home then well... u just make alts. So a yes to this one because it will make f home more usable.

5. faction economy
I think i played on a server that had this but i didnt understand it, so no opinion on this one, sounds cool tho (pls like me to a place that explain it with apples). But I ask you, Wouldnt this create a conflict with the ppl that already bought a stupid amount of F power?

6. shop prices

Yea, prices are weird, theres no balance. The tnt is really expensive and ceggs prices are unreal. My buddy xXBeastlordXx once made a calculation on how much money would take to go tru 40 walls generated with $50 lava buckets and it was not fair at all. The blaze rods kinda makes it balanced but if you take into account the time and effort it takes to make a mill grinding its rly not. Other mob drops need a buff. So a big Yes to this one, the shop and drop prices need a thoughful change.

7. mcmmo skillZZZ
LoL when they found out on a previous reset that they messed up with the savage skill they just made it non profitable, when they just had to adjust prices in the shop to make it fair. Yes, smelting and savage need a look into, they should give a profit that makes sense not be almost unusable.

"...raiding would be a challange again..."
Its already a challenge for me mate, with the tnt and cegg prices, the cheapness of generated walls and the almost unceggable chests.

I hope that you find my reply fair and we can build a healthy discussion. Its not unbiased since I always try to look things from the raiders side.

Good luck, Have fun!

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
good points, but i would like to discuss some of the reasons you brought up.

first, about trust.
i see the scenario you mentioned, you join a faction, put down your stuff and then you get kickt and loose all you have.
well, that can happen even now.
furthermore, its verry likely a group of players have stuff in the faction base, and a new recruit can efforthlesly steal everything and render the base useless from then on.
bothways trust is needed, but if a bad judgement takes place, a single player will suffer the costs, not a whole faction.
witch i think is a better option.
allso, if you get rid of a memebr for any reason, you allso have to abbandon the base now.
most dismissed players will utilise the sethome they have, and invite all your enemys asap.
for them it takes nothing from then on to make a huge profit on your faction's stuff.

about faction economy.
i think i should describe faction economy better.
it would not allow to purchase F power at all.
it should allow to -> issue tax to faction members. so if they want to stay, they have to pay.
it should allso mean the server issues tax to every faction. so if the faction does not want to get disbanded, then it has to pay its tax. done from a faction balance, that is where player taxes end up at.
the tax should be based on maximum faction power, and it should be not linear. for example, a single player faction with 10 as maximum faction power would pay say.. (just a random number for example) 1000 money every 24 hours. an other faction with 2 members should pay more than 2000 for f power tax.
now, the amount of claimed land should work the same, the more you claim, the more you pay, and allso growth is not linear.
this is faction economy.

and shop prices..
well, i would change some of them, you see a stack of cobble costs 128. a single item of coal costs 35.
to smelt 64 cobble, you need 8 coal. so 128+ 8*35 = 408 money what it costs to make smooth stone.
then again smooth stone can be bought for 256/ stack. and sells for 192.
it should sell for at least 408, and if you want to purchase it, that price should be even higher.
and now comes the real pain, smooth stones can be turned into bricks. pretty nice i must say, but this item can be sold for 320/ stack now. it should be the same as smooth stone. exactly the same price.
and there is the real headache, if you smelt this, into cracked bricks.. you can sell that to the shop for 64/ stack.
meanwhile it should be smoothstone price + 280 for a stack.
and, mcmmo smelting skill does not work at all. you don't get the fuel efficiency multiplier at all.
all these smelting operations should yield some income, the shop prices are simply goofy.
the onyl way to make worthy cash is blaze spawners, nothing else.
there is no other way.

and here comes the raiding costs toomutch problem.
actually, you should take into account the price of building a proper base with just a 3x3 chunk footprint, 1 layer of regen wall, 1 layer of anti- glitch wall, 1 layer of obby. and all this to sky limit, so on avarage 128 block high. and add the price of spawners and stuff you have in a base, and loose on raid. tnt and cregg prices are nt high compared to the income you can make by raiding a base. allso you can just see who is online in the target faction, and do you raiding when they are not online.
no retaliation or what so ever. it may take hours to catapult your self in, but its not a high risk investment.
allso at the moment a base is mostly pointless to make. 1 single tiny mistake, and all you built for a really lot of money, has to be abbandoned.

i plan to re-do the shop prices and post them, as a suggestion to change them accordingly. the ecenomy is really wierd on factions. it literally makes no sense to produce anything, only to farm blazez. and no point in doing trading. the spawn shop sells stuff for cheaper than they can be menufactured for, so you are better of to purchase there. if that was not the case, it would be viable to make smelters and actually produce goods. and sell them to other people.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
I should have explained myself better sry. What i meant with the trust issue is that if you get kickt from a fac and they get all your stuff at least right know u can do something about it because its very likely that u have a home in. But I totally agree with you that it doesnt seem fair that for one player the whole base gets lost.
In my personal and ideal faction server, trust and betrayal have an important roll to play. Your proposal still leaves room for it so yea i kinda changed my mind, if it is possible to remove a home in claimed land of a kickt faction member, withouth removing other ppl homes, it would be an awesome feature that I would like to see implemented. But as someone point it out, its impossible with the plugins that are around. I think the more reasonable and possible change that can be made right now to fix some of this issues is that perms plugin that Rayne80 made a post about.

Now on the faction economy, I think i get a better grasp of it now and I like it, it will make it harder to lose interest and op claims fair. But I still dont see it possible because the owner sells f power for real money, this is something i dont like but i accept since i cant do anything about it. Theres a player that has 500 power and runs a single player faction, if this were to be implemented he would have trouble keeping his claim bought with real money. So yea I see a big conflict with this and since it will screw things for ppl that have spent real money, I just dont see it happening.

On the shop prices, yea they are weird and I agree that smelting should be profitable since you most likely grinded alot on that skill, as of now the shop takes out the Craft in Minecraft on some items. Im looking forward to your price list. I like your math btw, u have rly looked into it, but i would say based on the previous website comments, that ppl here dont see it Ok for you to make a profit with mcmmo skills, if the old website was on i would quote some comments to show u what i mean. This mentality needs to change, mcmmo skills should give u a profit since it takes hours to level up, its not "easy money".

The raiding cost too much thingy i think ima pass and not comment since i would like to keep this thread to the points u made and maybe make a different thread for it.

Have a nice day bro.

justakilla

Heres a calculation, for a 100 stacker you need a 203 dispensers, so 203 tnt for sand stacking + 8 for one shot, thats 211 and if you have to slabbust in same shot thats 68 more thats totall of 279 tnt for 1 wall, and you go like thru 40 walls and you cant even open chests, that sucks, and good luck not blowing you cannon up if server is lagging, i think they should lower the price of tnt, creeper spawners and ceegs cose faction servers should be all about raiding and blowing s*** up, also it would be nice if lava and water buckets can stack at 16 per stack, respawning after death should be at spawn, if they added a mob stacker atleast setworth of raw beef at 10$, I think that faction economy is for 1.8 servers cose its added in 1.8.6 essentials if i remember corectly and it cant be added like permisions and stuff

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
"if they added a mobstacker atleast setoworth of beef at 10$"
i wish i knew what that means.

i like the stackable bukcets idea. that would be nice.

justakilla

/setoworth means set worth of raw beef at 10$, so you could sell it for 10$

OP
OP
A

Andrew

Pika Member
ah, yess.
i support to have a lot of ways to make money. some should be low investment and naturally low yield, and some should be mediore, and some should be high investment and high yield ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.