Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: staff command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

The Man
Legendary
Suggestion:
staff command

Detailed description:
On the server you can do /staff and it will display a list of all currently online staff members and you can hover over their name to see which server they are on.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Practice
Galactix
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
SurvivalGames
Buildwars

Reason:
I feel this could benefit the server greatly as people could find staff easier to assist them with anything from navigating the server, to reporting a hacker on another server.

Example:
player does /staff

Owner: DutchminerHD is on KitPVP
Admin: xTheYo is on Eggwars
Helper: JustWillHD is on OP-Factions

DragonBoyHD

Epic Pika
This command will never come in the server simply because hackers can see than if staff is online or not and only switch their hacks on when staff is offline.
So sorry but this command would be a giant help for hackers and therefore everyone will be against it
So -1

Hyperxxir

Legendary Pika
-1, same as dragon said. Showing all the staff and even where they're online is like posting your address and saying where you hide the key on Facebook. /list already has "Online Staff Members" and if staff want to be seen they just go out of vanish.

Regards,
Hyper

Divyam

Legendary Pika
Well u can give this command to donators ???

thepoisonivyy

Legendary Pika
+1 I think this is good but you should be able to see the staff name in list if and only if they are unvanished.

Hyperxxir

Legendary Pika
+1 I think this is good but you should be able to see the staff name in list if and only if they are unvanished.
I mean when staff isn't in vanish they already show up in the /list under "Online staff members" if they're not vanished, and why do you need to know on what server they are?
I agree you could simply record the hacker then report on the forums.
So -1
We arent even talking about hackers but ok

iq420

Veteran
IGN
iq420
Honestly I think it won't get implemented but we will see. There is other way you can test if staff is online, there is command /player name and what it does it shows player and on which server he is like shown in screenshot. Major problem with this command it that you have to type staff names manually and it doesn't always bypass staff /vanish. This command comes in handy when you don't know if staff disconnected from current server where you saw them and you can easily check it by typing /player staff(player) name.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

The Man
Legendary
I mean when staff isn't in vanish they already show up in the /list under "Online staff members" if they're not vanished, and why do you need to know on what server they are?

We arent even talking about hackers but ok
But with /list it only shows up for that single server, /staff would list all online staff throughout the network

Hyperxxir

Legendary Pika
But with /list it only shows up for that single server, /staff would list all online staff throughout the network
Yea I know, but who needs this?
If there a hackers, record them.
If you need help, go to the forums unless a staff member is on the server you are on. Then you can just ask it there.

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
Hello @JakeClient !
Speaking for the staff members, it is our responsibility that one or more staff is available on a server at any given time, this is not easy since we do not have staff in every time zone, but we are working on that, as you might've noticed by us accepting more staff applications. Having a command like that would surely be a great thing for players like you, people we can trust with that command. And as it has been told before in the replies under your suggestion thread; If hackers or any rule breakers have that command, they will use it to see if we are online, if we are not then they can break the rules and use hacks, if we are there, they will toggle off their hacks and stop breaking the rules (evading). Also, the /vanish command would be useless if this /staff command would become a thing. As we all know, there are a lot of hackers on Pika, we try to catch them in /v and get rid of them as quick as possible.
The /player <name> command is available as well, wich is already giving away most of the staff
(Sometimes this is bugged, will be fixed)

Now, maybe some of you might think; well you just don't want to avoid helping players.
Of course not, if I was like that, I did not volunteer to be a staff member here.

I like the idea, and I appreciate that you are trying to make the community better Jake, but I have to rate this down.

If I give this a negative rating this does not mean that this suggestion will not be accepted, this server is a democracy,
you, the players decide together with us, the staff, to make changes to the server.
Thank you for your suggestion anyways, have a nice day! ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.