Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Creative Suggestion: Resurrecting creative & Global Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteShark

Epic Pika
Suggestion:
Resurrecting creative & Global Ranks

Detailed description:
Revamping the whole system including ranks and other creative current mechanism. + Creating a global playtime based ranks.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

NYCreative
Other

Reason:
Disclaimer: i havent touched creative for quite sometimes so i apologize if the material i put here kight have been imolemented at the mode. (I know how hard the staff team is working but please put this in consideration)

As many of you all know, creative has been lacking its players, there is barely anyone talking about creative in the span of 2 weeks and if i may assume perhaps this issue was aroused by boredom. Yes, i have experienced it myself and know how it feels, unlike the other servers, creative today just has no purpose, there is no objective except build build and build which makes it no different than playing singleplayer with friends. In order to distinguish the 2, creative in this server would really require some major changes. The first and foremost that would bring at least some attention would be giving creative an objective system, and this has been implemented before with ranks as its representation. Bringing this back would, in my opinion, make the server seems more alive and has a distinctive purpose rather than just randomly building for 10 minutes and the leave.

Second point: What kind of ranking system would be the most efficient? well according to my personal reason, creative is the place where you, well.. go creative, and being creative in this game can produce a phenomenal result and what better way to have your creation getting recognized and have people think you're decent at building? A rank promotion. And it just doesn't end there, there must be a thought somewhere thinking "well it ain't worth it". How can this be prevented you may say, As the previous NYC has made it possible for the use of certain worldedit commands, im thinking of giving each rank its reward of worldedit command, therefore building things that take months of efforts can be more rewarding and with the new commands that you just acquired you can accelerate your building process to climb up to your next rank.

So, third point, problems to get a rank up. People that can recognize your build (the most suitable) would be those from the staff team or maybe players with certain privileges to have the ability to promote. Now it's a pain in the butt to have your chat flooded with "pls promote meh". Everytime you enter the server, So my most appropriate solution would be a command like /Submit maybe?? To have only the submitted plots to be ranked and basically ignore people that begs for a manual rank up. A disclaimer at the server would be a great reminder of which you cannot be ranked up by asking the staff. Thus, the only thing that the promoters have to do is check the submissions and that's it. If there is by any chance certain players haven't had their plot receiving any attention for a long time, they can always report this at the forum (length of time can be adjusted to the most appropriate).

Fourth point: Limited space holds the full potential of a person. A 64x64 plot often prevents your creativity to go wild. So what I'm proposing here is that by ranking up to the first rank, you'd get an access to a creative world with larger plots lets say its 128x128, the larger it gets the larger your imagination can let loose. So that's basically it my suggestion on creative

Now with that out of the way, my last point the, global rank system. Ranks in which you will automatically get after playing for a certain time. (Example would be down below)
This can mark which player is the most dedicated and loyal to the server and can be seen on every server in pika. As for reward for this kind of ranks is up to the authorities to give because i havent think that far yet.

Example:
Last point example:
After playing in pika for a long time lets say you total it to 30 hours you would receive your rightful rank of [blablabla]. And they you play every single week which then the amount of your playtime would be summed up to 65 hours thus making you automatically rank up above your current rank. And this will continue on till you reached the last rank (500hours or so).

OP
OP
EliteShark

EliteShark

Epic Pika
i apologize for several typos and grammatical error. btw thanks for reading

Status
Not open for further replies.