Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Suggestion: remove Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Suggestion:
remove Suicide

Detailed description:
https://pika-network.net/threads/suggestion-remove-suicide.15108/

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Practice
Galactix
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
SurvivalGames

Reason:
I think it is the most useless command available. It is abused more then it is used. And it is considered a sport to be on the top list. Remove or at least disable chat messaging and listing ?

Example:
hm, spend an hour on factions :-) I guess this one is quite obvious.

VeggiDay

Veteran
And since it is useless, why should it be disabled? Definitely not because the death messages fill up the chat or?

TaskView

Suicide could be useful if someone feels nice and would like to do a drop party, I see your points though.

Davidva

Veteran
The command sometimes get abused so I would like to suggest you can only use it every 10 minutes or something. But also the command can be very helpful if you`re stuck or like taskview said: wants to do a dropparty like this.

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
i been on this server for 4 day now, i SAW over 50 suicides, so that does not include the ones i did not see. None of them where out of philanthropic point of view, that rarely happens in factions, at least not in this one and all the other one's i have been in. Even better: there are ways around the drop party "issue".
Yes, it does add useless lines to chat that sometimes is going pretty fast already with 50 - 100 people on one server. Every extra useless line is one.
When you get stuck.... it offers you a way out, or you can just die. Might take too long, i can see that.

So why not keep the command, and ditch the suicide list and the public announcement. Works for me too.

Abusive

Epic Pika
Yeah I like that too, the public announcement of it does get quite annoying sometimes when someone began's to spam it. I understand where you are coming from at your point of view, I am sure this will be put into consideration.

TaskView

I get that this might be a big problem on some of the other servers on pikacraft, But I play on opfactions 1 and people rarely use the suicide command. So I'm not sure if It's just a problem in the Factions server.

Status
Not open for further replies.