Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: murder mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

themanbeast26

Suggestion:
murder mystery

Detailed description:
there are 14 innocents 1 detective and one murderer and the murderer can throw there sword by right clicking.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Other

Reason:
cause its a challenging and stressful and fun minigame

Example:
it could make the people on the server play more often on murder mystery

WarriorKid

Yes The Does Sound Very Nice I Think We Should Add It In.You Have My Vote.

ObbyT1st

I think a murderer throwing sword is a bit of problem about the commands but if the Pika team that would be good <3:):eek:

DqrkneZz

Veteran
Truth be told, it is indeed a nice game, stressful and such, I like it.

Also, this isn't copying because if we considered every new gamemode that is also in another server copying, then practise and more would be also copying...So no, it's not copying...

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
Yes The Does Sound Very Nice I Think We Should Add It In.You Have My Vote.
Yes please capitalise every start of a word. That'll help cure cancer.
Truth be told, it is indeed a nice game, stressful and such, I like it.

Also, this isn't copying because if we considered every new gamemode that is also in another server copying, then practise and more would be also copying...So no, it's not copying...
Practice is just a copy, and so is Skywars, EggWars, BuildWars, Factions, etc. However, these servers have been copied by most servers on the planet, so re-using the idea poses no problem in our minds, and we don't categorize them as copies.

However, Murder Mystery is a more complex and unique idea (That was sadly copied from MC Murder by most popular premium servers now) and isn't what we would call common which is why it is even more strictly a copy.
It is one thing to copy a gamemode that was doomed to be overused from the very beginning, and it is another thing to copy an original idea that isn't fleshed out into a common trope...

DqrkneZz

Veteran
Yes please capitalise every start of a word. That'll help cure cancer.

Practice is just a copy, and so is Skywars, EggWars, BuildWars, Factions, etc. However, these servers have been copied by most servers on the planet, so re-using the idea poses no problem in our minds, and we don't categorize them as copies.

However, Murder Mystery is a more complex and unique idea (That was sadly copied from MC Murder by most popular premium servers now) and isn't what we would call common which is why it is even more strictly a copy.
It is one thing to copy a gamemode that was doomed to be overused from the very beginning, and it is another thing to copy an original idea that isn't fleshed out into a common trope...
To be brutally honest, as you said, premium servers have that minigame but I do not see any cracked servers have it. There are people who aren't able to purchase premium minecraft for some certain reasons and would really like to play this minigame. So it isn't really copying if pika is the first cracked server to have it. (It is but that doesn't matter for the reason i gave before) Also, I don't suggest it being the exact same thing as most premium servers, just the idea of someone mysterious hunting players who don't know who he is. It can have many differences that'll not make it an exact copy of other famous servers...

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
To be brutally honest, as you said, premium servers have that minigame but I do not see any cracked servers have it. There are people who aren't able to purchase premium minecraft for some certain reasons and would really like to play this minigame. So it isn't really copying if pika is the first cracked server to have it. (It is but that doesn't matter for the reason i gave before) Also, I don't suggest it being the exact same thing as most premium servers, just the idea of someone mysterious hunting players who don't know who he is. It can have many differences that'll not make it an exact copy of other famous servers...
Euuuf, euuuf, the lack of understading, euuuf...

First of all, whether a person has premium or not has nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing to do with my point. You can go to a store and beg all you'd like, but if you can't afford to buy something they won't give it to you. The same works with premium and certain servers, minigames and skins.
Saying "Oh but us cracked users want it because we can't afford the game so give it pleaseeee" is just a whiny excuse made by little kids that don't understand how the world works (And that apparently find pirating a better option, which also leads me to the fact that they can't persuade someone to buy it, but they can find out how to pirate something? Jeez, kids are worrying...)

And then again, I never said it will be a blatant, or as you say an "exact copy" of Murder Mystery. I simply stated it will be a copy that will be poorly received because it will only be copy.
And you stated "It can have many differences that'll not make it an exact copy of other famous servers" but quite honestly, that isn't true. If you take a fully fledged idea, and re-use the idea, it is recognized as a copy.
If I repaint the Mona Liza but make her hair brown, it will still be treated as a copy of the original, and not my thing.
Simply using a fully fledged concept such as this game, and putting in a new code of paint, will never, ever, and ever make it anything other than a copy, and it will be recognized as just that, simply a copy.

DqrkneZz

Veteran
Euuuf, euuuf, the lack of understading, euuuf...

First of all, whether a person has premium or not has nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing to do with my point. You can go to a store and beg all you'd like, but if you can't afford to buy something they won't give it to you. The same works with premium and certain servers, minigames and skins.
Saying "Oh but us cracked users want it because we can't afford the game so give it pleaseeee" is just a whiny excuse made by little kids that don't understand how the world works (And that apparently find pirating a better option, which also leads me to the fact that they can't persuade someone to buy it, but they can find out how to pirate something? Jeez, kids are worrying...)

And then again, I never said it will be a blatant, or as you say an "exact copy" of Murder Mystery. I simply stated it will be a copy that will be poorly received because it will only be copy.
And you stated "It can have many differences that'll not make it an exact copy of other famous servers" but quite honestly, that isn't true. If you take a fully fledged idea, and re-use the idea, it is recognized as a copy.
If I repaint the Mona Liza but make her hair brown, it will still be treated as a copy of the original, and not my thing.
Simply using a fully fledged concept such as this game, and putting in a new code of paint, will never, ever, and ever make it anything other than a copy, and it will be recognized as just that, simply a copy.
First of all, to counter your first point I will say that not all cracked players are whiny kids who just don't have their own money or can't persuade their parents to 'buy them minecraft'. Let me give you an example, all players in Greece. Because of the capital controls in the summer of 2015, from that time and afterwards, no one was able to purchase a paysafe and use it anywhere, including Minecraft. I, in fact was getting money for a new PC because my old one could not even play minecraft and then, I got unlucky and I couldn't buy it. Now, I don't know if currently we, from Greece can use in fact paysafes for minecraft as I don't have a source of information for that kind of stuff. So, not all cracked players are whiny kids who don't have their own money to buy their 'beloved minecraft'.

I will admit it, I was wrong about this new minigame not being a copy and it was just me exaggerating. But my point still stands, this minigame is quite liked through the community and if it's added in Pika Network, it will be the first time in a cracked server. I don't see what's wrong with it being added if it has some differences to the original idea since a lot of other minigames are also copies of other servers. Almost nothing is original anymore and we've got to accept that. Everyone gets their ideas by something else and differentiates them in some way or form. Now, I know you will try to divide the 'Gets their ideas from' and 'copy' but something I should've stated is that this minigame should be drastically changed to fit this community and satisfy people like you who consider copycatting a really bad thing. (I can't argue something while I'm not 100% sure about it so you'll notice that my arguments aren't really the best and you've got my excuses for that. RIP my debate skills :( )

DinosMagicWorld

Epic Pika
First of all, to counter your first point I will say that not all cracked players are whiny kids who just don't have their own money or can't persuade their parents to 'buy them minecraft'. Let me give you an example, all players in Greece. Because of the capital controls in the summer of 2015, from that time and afterwards, no one was able to purchase a paysafe and use it anywhere, including Minecraft. I, in fact was getting money for a new PC because my old one could not even play minecraft and then, I got unlucky and I couldn't buy it. Now, I don't know if currently we, from Greece can use in fact paysafes for minecraft as I don't have a source of information for that kind of stuff. So, not all cracked players are whiny kids who don't have their own money to buy their 'beloved minecraft'.

I will admit it, I was wrong about this new minigame not being a copy and it was just me exaggerating. But my point still stands, this minigame is quite liked through the community and if it's added in Pika Network, it will be the first time in a cracked server. I don't see what's wrong with it being added if it has some differences to the original idea since a lot of other minigames are also copies of other servers. Almost nothing is original anymore and we've got to accept that. Everyone gets their ideas by something else and differentiates them in some way or form. Now, I know you will try to divide the 'Gets their ideas from' and 'copy' but something I should've stated is that this minigame should be drastically changed to fit this community and satisfy people like you who consider copycatting a really bad thing. (I can't argue something while I'm not 100% sure about it so you'll notice that my arguments aren't really the best and you've got my excuses for that. RIP my debate skills :( )

I used the first point not to offend people that can't actually buy the game because of credit card blocks, bank or PayPal issues or people that generally can't use online purchases, but instead to point towards the fact that most people here want the game in Pika so that they can play it without having to buy an account, since their parents or guardians don't wish to do it.
I perfectly understand credit/debit card issues as I face them almost every day with failed transactions making me go mildly insane, but I can be almost positive that most people will only ask of this because they aren't allowed to buy the game.
Sorry for creating a misunderstanding there.

And it is very difficult to re-use a game or idea that already exists and not get assaulted for "copying".
I wouldn't be making that point if I didn't know that Pika's "games that were inspired by other games" are far closer to the originals than original, which would make an obvious problem, and lead to possible hatred.
I have nothing against Pika using the "1 attacked, several innocents, one person that can defeat the attacker" concept, so long as it is remade in such a fashion that it can't lead to any other presumption other than "inspired by".

DqrkneZz

Veteran
I used the first point not to offend people that can't actually buy the game because of credit card blocks, bank or PayPal issues or people that generally can't use online purchases, but instead to point towards the fact that most people here want the game in Pika so that they can play it without having to buy an account, since their parents or guardians don't wish to do it.
I perfectly understand credit/debit card issues as I face them almost every day with failed transactions making me go mildly insane, but I can be almost positive that most people will only ask of this because they aren't allowed to buy the game.
Sorry for creating a misunderstanding there.

And it is very difficult to re-use a game or idea that already exists and not get assaulted for "copying".
I wouldn't be making that point if I didn't know that Pika's "games that were inspired by other games" are far closer to the originals than original, which would make an obvious problem, and lead to possible hatred.
I have nothing against Pika using the "1 attacked, several innocents, one person that can defeat the attacker" concept, so long as it is remade in such a fashion that it can't lead to any other presumption other than "inspired by".
You seemed to direct your first point to generally all the cracked players, so I just had to give you an example.

Seems like we agree on that so it seems like our 'debate' is over xD It was fun but short-lived :p

Status
Not open for further replies.