Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Suggestion: make bad sportsmanship punishable

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyDash

Forum Fantasiser
Suggestion:
make bad sportsmanship punishable

Detailed description:
in practice, there are a lot of people who say stuff like "ez" or mean things, i want to make that punishable

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Practice

Reason:
I feel it is a necessary change because there are too many people out there saying "EZ," "HAHHAHHAHA," and stuff..... I hate it when people are rude, so I would love for that to be punishable

Example:
http://pasteboard.co/9NDqBTkBu.png (just an example, but a LOT of people spam that when they win)

QMMZilla

Pika Lover
i dont think saying EZ or nub or pleb should be punishable..

if u lost to a pro...then he/her kinda has the right!

if a hacker..get em banned!

Hoopless

Veteran
ola,

In a lot of servers the words "easy, rekt or ez" are count as disrespecting players. Which isn't allowed in that type of server. I understand that there will be people about it and that there will be always arguments about this 'rule' but i think we can agree on one; disrespecting is bad. I would say +1, not because its the perfect idea but just to make sure that everyone is being respectful against each other.

Hope that this is going in consideration.

Hoopless

Veteran
"Ez" "nO0b" "HaHAHAHA" "Weak" doesn't sound rude/offensive to me whatsoever. If you find them offensive, you're probably just a sensitive brat. A killjoy as well.

No, for people who just started playing Minecraft and calling them easy or rekt or noob isn't funny. For the 12 years old at least. I get the point but like I said, many people have other opinions about it. Some of them find it ridicules and some of them hate it when people say it. But we better make a poll to know for sure what this community wants.

You make no sense. There is no rule against saying " rekt, ez and easy. I see you just came in the server.
If I was here just for a couple of weeks I wound not go have so many messages + I would not know so many things if you see my recent posts. there is no rule on Pika-Network. But on other servers, they have this kind of rules, which I understand. Like I said. Pika-Network is one server, with around 10+ game modes around the network.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika

Don't play PvP servers if you can't take smack talk. People can say alot worse than this. This is fairly tame

Ov3rpowered

Epic Pika
+1 I think this should be implemented bc people calling other people "ez" and "noob" can ruin a lot of self esteem and may make people quit playing pika and write of the community as a bunch of mean and rude people when there are a lot of really nice and good people that will probably never say stuff like this.

CouCouMingerland

Hmmmm, that's can be good, but if you can't accept an "ez" or a "rekt" you have to work for accept it...
That's probably making more works for the staffs, for nothings....

Hoopless

Veteran
Umm,guys,Minecraft is actually a game for kids,so those words can be very offensive to the players,who knows if 50 percent of the PvP servers' players are kids?

Kit PvP & Practise are getting low players counts,if the pros/hackers keep insulting,laughing or do whatsoever offensive to them,these two servers will be dead soon.

Staffs may have to work alot harder,but it'll improve the community,so why not?
Agreed on this argument, completely good. Let's make a vote poll and let people vote about it.

( I didn't try to post farm, i can't edit my old post, devs fix it.)

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary

Don't play PvP servers if you can't take smack talk. People can say alot worse than this. This is fairly tame
You should go in detail about the full suggestion, not just the proof.
Put yourself in the position of the players, not just yours, and ofcourse you can have your opinion of things, but do a little more thinking before you flatly reply with;"This Can Be A Lot Worse"

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
You should go in detail about the full suggestion, not just the proof.
Put yourself in the position of the players, not just yours, and ofcourse you can have your opinion of things, but do a little more thinking before you flatly reply with;"This Can Be A Lot Worse"

I did think. I just didn't believe a suggestion as basic as "ban words like noob" needed a essay for a reason. Here goes

PvP is at its roots a competitive game mode. What makes game modes like this fun is beating other players, flexing your skill, and in general, being better at the game. A big part of enjoying this experience is also banter and trash talk. Big competitive sports like basketball and baseball make this a part of the game. There's players tweeting each other, and shows based entirely on banter between teams and about players. There is a key difference between banter and personal insults/disrespect. Things like "ez" and "noob" refer to a players level of skill, which can be improved on. This is banter. Disrespect or personal insults are directed at someone's appearance or personal life, things like "I fucked your mom" or "You're a fat bitch". These should be banned. Banter, which is a part of competitive games, should not be.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Not every player on pika is smart enough to think about it like that, some of them are children, it's a bad habitat for them, and i am not trying to offend you in any way, but it is just that everywhere i see you, on every suggestion you always boint out the bad side of it, and it is not ao that we're making "noob" Bannable, we are making it PUNISHABLE
I said the words would be banned, not the player. Try reading. Also, try not to imply that your playerbase is stupid. As for my opinions on suggestions, in case you haven't noticed, most of these suggestions are awful. You shouldn't be telling everyone their suggestion has merit. This section is for finding good improvements for the server, not making players feel good for "trying". I'm critical of suggestions because someone needs to be. Unlike you, I don't have some public image to uphold or an owner to please. I can just say what I feel and state cold facts. Now, unless you have a decent arguement against what I said, and not something ad hominem, you need to stop typing

Hoopless

Veteran
I said the words would be banned, not the player. Try reading. Also, try not to imply that your playerbase is stupid. As for my opinions on suggestions, in case you haven't noticed, most of these suggestions are awful. You shouldn't be telling everyone their suggestion has merit. This section is for finding good improvements for the server, not making players feel good for "trying". I'm critical of suggestions because someone needs to be. Unlike you, I don't have some public image to uphold or an owner to please. I can just say what I feel and state cold facts. Now, unless you have a decent arguement against what I said, and not something ad hominem, you need to stop typing

Wowowowooowowwowowwow, Relax dude xD.

I think we should let the community speak for their self. and I agree on it that the community has changed, and not in the way we thought it will change. I can agree on those words "most of these suggestions are awful. You shouldn't be telling everyone their suggestion has merit." But I think you still need to accept that the community has changed and there is a new type of people, which means another opinion.

Just let the community decide what good for them is, instead of fighting for each other.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika

I think we should let the community speak for their self. and I agree on it that the community has changed, and not in the way we thought it will change. I can agree on those words "most of these suggestions are awful. You shouldn't be telling everyone their suggestion has merit." But I think you still need to accept that the community has changed and there is a new type of people, which means another opinion.

Just let the community decide what good for them is, instead of fighting for each other.

What does the community changing have anything to do with bad suggestions or him attacking me personally instead of what I wrote? O_o

Jeear

Legendary Pika
PREACH
this /girl speaks more professionally than the rest of the participants in this thread, as well as having the most sensible and thought-based comments rather than some criticisms that are a total bs.

She IS part of the community though, so she can write her thoughts out freely. I don't know what you're trying to imply by that because it sounds unconnected and it's hard to correlate unless you're saying that she's some ostracized/excommunicated player or something.

Hoopless

Veteran
She IS part of the community though, so she can write her thoughts out freely. I don't know what you're trying to imply by that because it sounds unconnected and it's hard to correlate unless you're saying that she's some ostracized/excommunicated player or something.
Uhu, she is but she also is a part of the old community. I am sure she doesn't like the way it changed so many.. and btw you are grammar OP. I wish that I lived in Scotland. She can write whatever she wants, its called "freedom" but as you come close to some people in this server. than freedom isn't as free as it sounds.

Btw, I am still waiting on this thread to get some staff to finish it, we can talk about it all day if we want but then we never have an end. So staff, please make sure that all the suggestions get an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.