Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Factions Suggestion: Lower the TNT Prices to $4,000 x 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
Suggestion:
Lower the TNT Prices to $4,000 x 64

Detailed description:
The tnt prices at the faction shop don’t make sense at all, the genbuckets are too cheap in comparison with the TNT Price. This makes raiding a luxury when it should be affordable within reason. Right now it’s absurd.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Factions

Reason:
These are the prices in pika for the genbuckets and the TNT:
1 Cobble Genbucket: $2,000
1 Sand Genbucket: $8,000
1 Obsidian Genbucket $40,000
1 TNT Stack: $12,800
So let me try to illustrate why this is absurd:
As far as I know in pika the maximum tnt per tick is set to 500 (another absurd but I digress), and theres a buffer rule of 20 chunks from the first wall. This means that if I encounter a base with enough f power to have such buffer I would need a cannon that can shoot at least 22 chunks. Based on my test this equates to 180 tnt = $36,000. So you have to spend 36k per shot and that’s to stack only 1 sand!!
Now following the example above let’s say that the base has the loot/spawners at Y160. Then you probably want to make a 160 stacker or 180 stacker. There’s a rule of thumb for hammers on cannons that goes like this 1 Sand = 1.15 + 1 TNT. So this means that if you want to stack 180 Sand you need a hammer of 208 tnt = $41,600. Now of course we gonna need some tnt to actually hybrid the wall and some other TNT for boosters and slab bust that lets say will add another 80 ish tnt = $16,000.
To summarize we get a grand total of
468 TNT per wall = $93,600
All that money, to bust a pillar that cost $2,000.

Example:
At the beginning I thought the genbuckets were the problem but no. It’s the TNT that’s damn too expensive so I went to other servers that have genbuckets and checked the TNT Prices and found the following:
Server 1
1 Cobble Genbucket: $1,000
1 Sand Genbucket: $10,000
1 Obsidian Genbucket $25,000
1 TNT Stack: $2,000
http://imgur.com/a/RVKm8
Server 2
1 Cobble Genbucket: $62.5
1 Sand Genbucket: $4,687
1 Obsidian Genbucket $2,187
1 TNT Stack: $4,000
http://imgur.com/a/BtLG9
As you can see the Server 1 is similar to Pika, but since pika has a weird eco thanks to the blaze rod sell price, I figured $2,000 per stack would be too low and $4,000 would be a better choice to start experimenting with.

@DutchminerHD

MilkyBat

True. Even though I never raided a base and built those big cannons I don't feel like building one after reading this thread and also, Gen buckets? In the shop? I don't see them

your friend :)

+1
this change is really helpful (as a canonner or base builder ) because it will be too expensive to build 1 wall or break (raid) 1 wall
if you have a big base (3x3 chunks or 2x2 chunks )

nd618

Supporter
Maybe it's put on purpose , to be expensive .. It has nothing to do with that other but I don't know, I would stay neutral about this idea , but your logic is very good ,I like it tho...

MilkyBat

OK this is my second reply and also please don't hate me because it's just my opinion
TNT prices are so high because you see there are creeper spawners . They could be used to get gunpowder and sand is cheaper in shop and yeah I know creeper spawners are worth 1M but you wont require a lot of TNT unless you'r raiding a huge claim with huge walls and when you'r raiding those kinda bases then it means you have a good faction going on, you guys can be rich in no time and buy the creeper spawner ASAP

your friend :)

OK this is my second reply and also please don't hate me because it's just my opinion
TNT prices are so high because you see there are creeper spawners . They could be used to get gunpowder and sand is cheaper in shop and yeah I know creeper spawners are worth 1M but you wont require a lot of TNT unless you'r raiding a huge claim with huge walls and when you'r raiding those kinda bases then it means you have a good faction going on, you guys can be rich in no time and buy the creeper spawner ASAP
this is good I don't hate but who will craft the TNT there is a command in other servers '/craft' that TNT but they if add it will be for Ultimat+ (aka top rank)

OP
OP
GeeGee

GeeGee

Pika Lover
Maybe it's put on purpose , to be expensive .. It has nothing to do with that other but I don't know, I would stay neutral about this idea , but your logic is very good ,I like it tho...
Maybe you are right and its like that on purpose. I've always had the feeling that Dutchminer doesnt want raids on his precious top donors, why else would the ceggs be 200k? or why is world downloader not allowed? or schematica? Why you can only use 500 tnt? Why tnt doesnt load chunks? Why Dutch made the map bigger? After all it was PizzaMc the one who made medium cannons possible not Yoeri. But what i think Yoeri doesnt realize is that a well balanced faction server will lead to a more "organic" and "natural" life span of factions. It will even help with the server stress on the long run, last reset there were bases that made my MC crash due to the amount of walls, spawners, contraptions, etc they had. Without balance the factions stagnate quickly with almost unraidable bases.

@MilkyBat

You should not be afraid to express your opinion on a forum mate, thats why it is for, as long as is well thought. But I dont think the tnt prices are high because of the creeper spawners, here is why:

As you say the creeper spawner is 1m, and the gunpowder sells for 32. So if you want to make a stack of TNT u need 5 Stacks of gunpowder and 4 of sand that will be $10,876 for a Stack. So u save $1924. As you can see theres not a big diference and the process to craft TNT is rly tedious and you will also need time to afk the creepers. I would rather spend 2k more and save the time and not invest on creeper spawners. I dont like creeper spawners, I would rather invest on igs, they are simply better because of the higher drop rate. Also if u get raided the creeper spawners could be used against u. So i dont think theres reasonable way to justify the tnt prices because of the creeper spawners since as you can see theres not a significative diference, if they were cheaper and as @your friend :) mentioned, we had the tntcraft command then maybe.

LeoMinecrafter

Ultimate Legendary Pika
So 4k 64x you think is a good idea ?

I personally agree but you have to take the factors that you don't see in everyday problems..

DOOM

-1, I did not agree with you because it will make easy to do raid. Btw There's a creeper spawner too so, you can craft TNT.

iq420

Veteran
this is good I don't hate but who will craft the TNT there is a command in other servers '/craft' that TNT but they if add it will be for Ultimat+ (aka top rank)
There is /tntcraft command currently, if I'm not mistaken it is for God+, other thing, creepers and crafting TnT is part of factions and creepers are good investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.