Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion: Low Ping kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynome

Banned
Suggestion:
Low Ping kicking.

Detailed description:
People with low pings should be kicked.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Kit-PvP
Prison
OP-Prison
Factions
OP-Factions
Practice
Galactix
Classic Factions
Survival
NYCreative
OP-Skyblock
Classic Skyblock
Skywars
Eggwars
OP-Eggwars
SurvivalGames
Buildwars

Reason:
To avoid banning people that are genuinely lagging.

Example:
The server will autokick players with high pings.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Suggestion:
Low Ping kicking.

Detailed description:
People with low pings should be kicked.

Example:
The server will auto kick players with high pings.

Which one do you want? Low ping kicking is dumb, and high ping kicking may not be a good idea either. Ping is a good base to judge lag, but the real thing to watch is your loss and choke while connected to that server. For example, I play on pika with 150 ms average, but I play stable. I don't blink around etc. On the other hand, I'll connect to servers on cs or minecraft with really awful choke, and I'll be stuck in place and blinking with 40-50 ms. Lag is not just ping. It's more complicated than you think

OP
OP
Kynome

Kynome

Banned
I might have made a mistake, I wanted to say "high ping kicking", let me fix that.
Also I don't consider it dumb at all.
The difference of ping between servers is because of ths server's location so please don't bring other servers in discussion.
I've already given a reason for this suggestion.

OP
OP
Kynome

Kynome

Banned
Well too bad I can't edit or delete threads, shame on me for making such a huge mistake.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I might have made a mistake, I wanted to say "high ping kicking", let me fix that.
Also I don't consider it dumb at all.
The difference of ping between servers is because of ths server's location so please don't bring other servers in discussion.
I've already given a reason for this suggestion.

I'm just gonna assume what I said went over your head or you didn't read it, so I'll try to explain again.

1) I said low ping kicking was dumb, before you had corrected yourself

2) As I said originally, ping is just one measurement, and it's not the most important. I used other servers as an illustration of why ping is not always the best way to determine if someone has a stable connection to a server. Someone can have higher ping (ie. 150s if the person lives in the US) but still have a stable connection. Whether or not a person blinks around and ruins gameplay for others is related more to the person's choke and loss than it is ping. Americans can have connections to US servers (40-50 ping), but still blink around and have unstable connection due to packet loss or choke of incoming information. This person wouldn't meet the ping kick requirements, but would be ruining game play for others. In the same way, someone can connect to a Dutch server from the US, have high enough ping to be kicked (150s-200), but actually have a stable connection. It would be unfair to deny this person access to the server with high ping, because he can actually play with a stable connection. This is why I said kicking merely off of "high ping" may be a bad idea

Lemmony Yellow

Pika Lover
I'm just gonna assume what I said went over your head or you didn't read it, so I'll try to explain again.

2) As I said originally, ping is just one measurement, and it's not the most important. I used other servers as an illustration of why ping is not always the best way to determine if someone has a stable connection to a server. Someone can have higher ping (ie. 150s if the person lives in the US) but still have a stable connection. Whether or not a person blinks around and ruins gameplay for others is related more to the person's choke and loss than it is ping. Americans can have connections to US servers (40-50 ping), but still blink around and have unstable connection due to packet loss or choke of incoming information. This person wouldn't meet the ping kick requirements, but would be ruining game play for others. In the same way, someone can connect to a Dutch server from the US, have high enough ping to be kicked (150s-200), but actually have a stable connection. It would be unfair to deny this person access to the server with high ping, because he can actually play with a stable connection. This is why I said kicking merely off of "high ping" may be a bad idea

#Faxx

Aurifex_

Pika Lover

Hmmm... Your true on that.

With kind regards, Alex

OP
OP
Kynome

Kynome

Banned

They could set an impossible limit that can only be touched by really bad connections. Something around 800. I'm not saying that it will fix everything but it's just a nice command to have in the console if really high pings ever occur.

NexiousPlayz

Retired Staff
Veteran
Lag is included in banning players. The autoban system uses a lag/ping calculater. And staff is trained to see the difference between lag and an actual hacker.

Kind regards,
Nexious

Status
Not open for further replies.