Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Suggestion: Limit the amount of account per ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVIsniperz

Suggestion:
Limit the amount of account per ip

Detailed description:
Pikacraft should limit the number of account (2-4) created per ip. By doing this, hackers would not be able to create new alts and hack again after they get banned. Also, not many people would spend money for a vpn just to hack of a server thus, reducing the amount of hackers in pikacraft.

Server/Place suggestion is intended:

Other

Reason:
Even when staff members bans hackers, the hackers will just create a new alt to hack and the amount of hackers would not decrease.

Example:
-

Haoiscoll

Legendary Pika
Uhh this has already been added? Players that has 3 or more accounts that is banned will be IP-Banned. Sadly, there is always VPN ._.

Jeear

Legendary Pika
Most players have Dynamic IP (an IP that constantly changes over time) and most of the time they do not know that they have it.
(Fact : When people post threads about getting banned by Ex-staffs from 2013. 2014, etc. or getting banned with very old dates, this is usually the reason. Their IP picks up an IP that is already banned.)
Not much to do with this thread but this is a factor worth considering because some hackers have this type of IP and it's like a free and hassle-less VPN...

TheLionKingHD

Pika Lover
Yeah when hackers get ip-banned they can play again just need to wait some time maybe 3 days that happent 2 me 2 i was ip-banned changed alt i could not play i waited 3 days changed alt and i can still play now xD!

~ Logically ~

Banned
As stated as most people above, VPNs exist, along with IP Spoofers, Proxies and other things. People have taken advantage of this, by creating a plethora of accounts for their own uses and advantages. Hacking, Duping, or Just wanting to stay Anonymous are some of the reasons why people would use these. For now, banning Hackers might just be an impossibility. That is, unless they add VPNGuard on one of their plugins.

xXWolf_PlaysXx

Pika Lover
You are not allowed to use a VPN while being connected to Pika-Network.
Most of the well known ip's from several free VPN services have already been blocked as well. (Atleast i assume they did)
Also, since alot of IP's you can connect with through a service like Cyberghost have ip-banned because there were over 3 accounts in total banned on this IP it makes it alot harder to actually get a nice connection though a VPN client with the server.

Something what could come in handy is a IP-Recognizer.
Since most people have dynamic IP that only changes the last numbers of their IP (For example: 72.85.284.153 turns into 72.85.284.159) you need to think about the ability of tracing down people who are actually ban evading without getting caught.
The fun thing is; Your first 3 row's of numbers will stay the same. A router can have 254 different IP's.
If you would make something that recognizes the first 3 row's of all the IP's registered in the database of the few hubs we have you could easily find people who have or had a few bans on other IP's.
Ofcourse this is not included for the few people that actually get their IP changed for safety.
Ban evading purpose caughting only.

But i wish you hella luck coding something like that tho.

To get back at the hacker-thingy.
You will always find hackers, hacked clients are getting better and better every day. Especially clients you need to buy to use them. Such as vape. It makes you look like a god pvper while you are hacking. Detectable? Not while this player is ingame.
The best option is to install a Anti-Cheat plugin in some of the servers who are known for having a crap ton of hackers on it.
But this could cause lagg as well. Look at Op-Fac1. There is no anti-cheat because it makes the server laggy as f*ck.
*cough Yoeri get a better host for your servers cough*

Maybe more active staff around all servers would help a little bit. Who knows.
I have played on several servers where you would have atleast 10 player reports an hour. I cannot even find 1 within 3 hours at this network. Maybe you should stimulate the players to actually record hackers. Make another rule you need to apply to when you want to be staff, such as having a crap ton of player reports.

-Henri

NickTill

Something g similar to your idea is already Implemented in pika-network. Three bans from the same IP = IP Ban. Thanks for the suggestion however!

Lonzea

I am always being sent dirty little packets that are very mean to me and take me offline so I must change my IP every week or so, if this is implemented then I will not be able play.

ZeroGiven

Veteran
Denied and Locked we already have a 3 bans is IP ban implemented and reducing accounts isn't gonna to solve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.