Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Suggestion for Rule Adjustment in Pika Network Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishek_OP

Pika Lover
Minecraft username:
Abhishek_OP​

Suggestion:
Suggestion for Rule Adjustment in Pika Network Server​

Detailed description:
Dear [Server Administration/Staff],

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to offer a suggestion for a potential adjustment to the current ban policy on the Pika Network server, specifically regarding the rule related to IP bans and ban evasion.

Currently, the rule states that a single ban results in an immediate permanent IP ban, citing ban evasion as the reason. I understand the importance of preventing ban evasion, but I believe that this policy might be a bit too strict and could potentially lead to unintended consequences.

My suggestion is to reconsider the policy and perhaps adopt a system where a more lenient approach is taken. Specifically, I propose changing the rule to a threshold of three bans before imposing a permanent IP ban. This modification allows for a more graduated response to rule violations and takes into account that some players may make mistakes or learn from their experiences after facing temporary bans.

I understand that maintaining a balance between enforcing rules and providing a positive gaming experience is crucial. I believe this adjustment strikes that balance by ensuring that severe actions like permanent IP bans are reserved for more serious or repeated offenses.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I appreciate the effort the administration puts into creating a welcoming gaming environment, and I believe this adjustment could contribute to achieving that goal.

Best regards,

[Abhishek_OP]​

Reason(s):
By implementing a three-strike system, we still maintain a firm stance against repeated rule violations while giving players more chances for redemption and learning from their mistakes. This approach aligns with the principles of fairness and rehabilitation within the gaming community, fostering a positive and supportive environment for all players.​

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
By three-tier you mean they would have 3 chances of getting a 90d ban? Most of the cheaters in pika are just here to "test" their hacks, they could not bother about getting banned in a crack server, they would just play in another server if they don't know how to evade a ban. Yeah, it may help to encourage the closet cheaters to play legit in such ban system, but there's still no guarantee on whether they would still evade the ban or not.

OP
OP
Abhishek_OP

Abhishek_OP

Pika Lover
By three-tier you mean they would have 3 chances of getting a 90d ban? Most of the cheaters in pika are just here to "test" their hacks, they could not bother about getting banned in a crack server, they would just play in another server if they don't know how to evade a ban. Yeah, it may help to encourage the closet cheaters to play legit in such ban system, but there's still no guarantee on whether they would still evade the ban or not.
They will play legit cause I know 90d ban is long as you know there is no choice cheaters gonna wait 90d to play again with hacks

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
They will play legit cause I know 90d ban is long as you know there is no choice cheaters gonna wait 90d to play again with hacks
Yeah its long, then they would just try and evade the ban

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
If you really want them to be back using the same account and wait out the ban, then should just make the ban much shorter with a progressive system like
1st offense: 7d
2nd offense: 31d
3rd offense: 90d
4th offense: perm ipban

OP
OP
Abhishek_OP

Abhishek_OP

Pika Lover
If you really want them to be back using the same account and wait out the ban, then should just make the ban much shorter with a progressive system like
1st offense: 7d
2nd offense: 31d
3rd offense: 90d
4th offense: perm ipban
it can be 1st offence : 30d
2nd offence : 90d
3rd offence : perm ip ban
isnt it good?

ABDMK12413

Staff Member
Trial
Minecraft username:
Abhishek_OP

Suggestion:
Suggestion for Rule Adjustment in Pika Network Server

Detailed description:

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to offer a suggestion for a potential adjustment to the current ban policy on the Pika Network server, specifically regarding the rule related to IP bans and ban evasion.

Currently, the rule states that a single ban results in an immediate permanent IP ban, citing ban evasion as the reason. I understand the importance of preventing ban evasion, but I believe that this policy might be a bit too strict and could potentially lead to unintended consequences.

My suggestion is to reconsider the policy and perhaps adopt a system where a more lenient approach is taken. Specifically, I propose changing the rule to a threshold of three bans before imposing a permanent IP ban. This modification allows for a more graduated response to rule violations and takes into account that some players may make mistakes or learn from their experiences after facing temporary bans.

I understand that maintaining a balance between enforcing rules and providing a positive gaming experience is crucial. I believe this adjustment strikes that balance by ensuring that severe actions like permanent IP bans are reserved for more serious or repeated offenses.

Thank you for considering this suggestion. I appreciate the effort the administration puts into creating a welcoming gaming environment, and I believe this adjustment could contribute to achieving that goal.

Best regards,

[Abhishek_OP]

Reason(s):
By implementing a three-strike system, we still maintain a firm stance against repeated rule violations while giving players more chances for redemption and learning from their mistakes. This approach aligns with the principles of fairness and rehabilitation within the gaming community, fostering a positive and supportive environment for all players.
There is nothing too severe about a perm ban for evasion.
When u get punished for breaking a rule ur supposed to wait out the ban, not find ways to evade it.
The bans for first offence of most punishments are 1 week or lower and this is time they can easily wait out. Longer bans are used for more serious rule breaks and if a person breaks these their longer punishment is justified.
If they dont learn from their mistake and choose to break the rules further by ban/mute evading then the perm ban/mute is deserved.

Last edited:

PyroInDaBus

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Minecraft username:
Abhishek_OP

Suggestion:
Suggestion for Rule Adjustment in Pika Network Server

Detailed description:

Best regards,

[Abhishek_OP]

Reason(s):
By implementing a three-strike system, we still maintain a firm stance against repeated rule violations while giving players more chances for redemption and learning from their mistakes. This approach aligns with the principles of fairness and rehabilitation within the gaming community, fostering a positive and supportive environment for all players.
Hey,

Personally, I understand where you're coming from with the three-strike suggestion. It's compassionate and considers that people can learn from their mistakes.

However, from my perspective, the current rule of an immediate permanent IP ban for serious offenses is there for a good reason. It's tough, sure, but it keeps the server safe and ensures that everyone plays by the rules. Think of it as a strong message to anyone considering breaking the rules seriously.

While I sympathize with the idea of giving players another chance, I worry that loosening up might lead to more issues down the line. I believe the server's safety and a consistent, fair play experience for everyone should be the priority.

Bit again, this is just one man's opinion, keep making suggestions this detailed, I like going through them.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello Abhishek_OP,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Lowering the severity of the punishment may lead to an increase in ban evaders, which is something we don't want.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.