Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Such an unacceptable situation of Survival

SpiderKid

Pika Lover
Yes we know 1.16 has come and we ARE happy but the lag has returned and is extremely bad. Should we play survival or no??? Every block appears back after breaking. We have to break one block like 5 times to mine through. There are lag spikes every 10 seconds which makes it too hard to play. You can't /rename Netherite tools I don't know why. One of the most dumb thing is that there is a Dragon alive but we can't see it. Sometimes there are 3 Dragons in the End with no health bar. This lag killed me in the End 2 times. Luckily I had extra armour on. I just want the lag fixed because we can't play on Survival like in a normal way. People are rage quitting the game due to the lag as they have to mine the blocks 5 times to break it. We don't know why the blocks re-appear after breaking. This my Humble request to fix this situation of Pika Survival.

-SpiderKid003
-IGN= Sahil003

Last edited:

Skenk

Pika Member
What timezone is this? I play fairly often and yes there are lag spikes but nothing nearly as bad as you seem to be making out. Are you sure your PC can handle mp servers? have you changed any settings, installed optifine etc?

rocke6161

Legendary Pika
Lot of player's quitted survival because of the this honestly :L

OP
OP
SpiderKid

SpiderKid

Pika Lover
What timezone is this? I play fairly often and yes there are lag spikes but nothing nearly as bad as you seem to be making out. Are you sure your PC can handle mp servers? have you changed any settings, installed optifine etc?
This is +5:30 GMT as am from India
This is not only the problem with me but others too. This problem had started from like 12 hours ago from this post. Glitches like can't mine ores with Netherite pick , etc. For MP servers you don't need a good pc or something because the ram is taken only in Single player. That's why often u don't lag on Multiplayer but lag badly on Single Player. MP doesn't take your Ram (I don't think so). So better if they fix this.

Skenk

Pika Member
The netherite pick bug is already known, Its been around since the update to 1.16.
You can still get lag spikes if your PC isn't up to scratch it isn't entirely up to the server to handle everything.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
The netherite pick bug is already known, Its been around since the update to 1.16.
You can still get lag spikes if your PC isn't up to scratch it isn't entirely up to the server to handle everything.

It's not his pc when the entire server is experiencing the lag xD

It's been an issue for a while. Minecraft past 1.12 is just poorly optimized for running multiplayer servers. It's something I know they were actively trying to fix, but there's always going to be a fair amount of lag on Survival with it being on a less than optimal version

Skenk

Pika Member
It's not his pc when the entire server is experiencing the lag xD

It's been an issue for a while. Minecraft past 1.12 is just poorly optimized for running multiplayer servers. It's something I know they were actively trying to fix, but there's always going to be a fair amount of lag on Survival with it being on a less than optimal version

ya'll are complaining about lag I honestly don't even see half the time I'm on survival, as for "hurr durr anything past 1.12 sucks for MP" .... uhhh how? Surely the idea behind having a multiplayer game is that all version work well for multiplayer or else it wouldn't be a thing.

The whole notion that anything past 1.12 is fucking ridiculous considering all of the optimization and changes that have actually made their way into Minecraft especially for multiplayer

Honestly just feels like anybody who says anything past 1.12 is only saying it because they saw the dev say it on discord.

Ya'll ever stop to think that the lag when it does happen, its more down to the fact that we have 3 different worlds, a constantly loaded end, constantly loaded nether, literally every plugin that gave the devs a fucking half chub? None of this lag bullshit would happen if we toned shit down, but I guess we gotta have like a bazillion diferent things else "how will we get people to give us moar money"

Yohenry

skenk the lag is going more badly than before and the survival is full of delay it's unplayable

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
The whole notion that anything past 1.12 is fucking ridiculous considering all of the optimization and changes that have actually made their way into Minecraft especially for multiplayer

Honestly just feels like anybody who says anything past 1.12 is only saying it because they saw the dev say it on discord.

You say this based off of essentially zero knowledge of how the backend of servers work. Do just a little research on youtube or other forums and you'll see that Minecraft past 1.12 is a disaster for servers and runs like crap. Don't spout nonsense and bullshit without knowing what you're talking about :)

Skenk

Pika Member
You say this based off of essentially zero knowledge of how the backend of servers work. Do just a little research on youtube or other forums and you'll see that Minecraft past 1.12 is a disaster for servers and runs like crap. Don't spout nonsense and bullshit without knowing what you're talking about :)

Of course I must not know anything about servers I forget that everybody on the internet except for myself in an expert in absolutely fucking everything.

I can just picture the devs over at Mojang "You know what'll make our MULTIPLAYER game even more fun, if we updated it but lets make it so 4 versions ago was the most stable for servers"

Yea I can picture them saying that.

You don't get it, nobody would intentionally un-optimize a game for multiplayer when its the games single biggest selling point, Honestly If the server wasn't running all the different plugins that the owners decided to charge you to use (against MC EULA BTW) then there wouldnt be as much lag.

But eh, I'm obviously wrong compared to some random person off of the internet who OBVIOUSLY knows how the inner workings of minecraft work, they obviously work at Mojang and have insider information .. Was it Jeb who told you 1.12 was best? notch? Dinnerbone?

Money talks .. best way to make money is to make sure you multiplayer game actually works when you play multiplayer, ever been on a non-cracked server that doesn't have to use every version available to connect just because you want the fanbase. Shits smooth as fuck, If its not the plugins causing the lag its the fact that the server literally lets you use any fucking version of the game to play for some reason.

EDIT: Also who the fuck do you think you are saying "You say this based off of essentially zero knowledge of how the backend of servers work " don't just assume, I'm fully aware of how servers both front end and backend work, just because your some piss-ant who dabbles around with a minecraft server.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
EDIT: Also who the fuck do you think you are saying "You say this based off of essentially zero knowledge of how the backend of servers work " don't just assume, I'm fully aware of how servers both front end and backend work, just because your some piss-ant who dabbles around with a minecraft server.

Love the assumption that Minecraft developers are gods who can't have made a bad product xD

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBpN679o5Yk

TL;DR Minecraft keeps adding new features to it's spaghetti code so while it runs ok for the player, it's a disaster for the poor server trying to run it. Minecraft was also made in 2009, and as a result, is not designed to run multi-core. Minecraft simply isn't taking advantage of the server's processor correctly. It's not about upgrading the server box. It's Minecraft's optimization

Next time, before you go into some baseless ad hominem attacks, actually do some research on what you're talking about. I'm not in love with server management, and if you had looked, I made a thread similar to this a month or two ago. Just because you don't experience it at the time you play, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Have a lovely day :)

HarrisKING

Legendary Pika
Tbh Survival is very good and all for me except when its like a HUGE lag spike causing the whole server to lag :p

MouraThat

Veteran
What has happened to this thread?
Survival's a good server just has a lot of bugs , keep with it guys..

79lb

Legendary Pika
ya'll are complaining about lag I honestly don't even see half the time I'm on survival, as for "hurr durr anything past 1.12 sucks for MP" .... uhhh how? Surely the idea behind having a multiplayer game is that all version work well for multiplayer or else it wouldn't be a thing.

Ya'll ever stop to think that the lag when it does happen, its more down to the fact that we have 3 different worlds, a constantly loaded end, constantly loaded nether, literally every plugin that gave the devs a fucking half chub? None of this lag bullshit would happen if we toned shit down, but I guess we gotta have like a bazillion diferent things else "how will we get people to give us moar money"
they don't really suck but anything past 1.12 is a bit unstable in my own experience, minecraft really has nothing to do with optimization alone, if the server files are broken or messed up. also spigot, papermc and others are working on getting their server jar files more optimized and better to decrease the lag.

mentioning the "lag", 90% of the time it's based on players location and internet speed, low speed and being away from host location may or will show its results

Trytofixyourtrashserver

Legendary Pika
Yes we know 1.16 has come and we ARE happy but the lag has returned and is extremely bad. Should we play survival or no??? Every block appears back after breaking. We have to break one block like 5 times to mine through. There are lag spikes every 10 seconds which makes it too hard to play. You can't /rename Netherite tools I don't know why. One of the most dumb thing is that there is a Dragon alive but we can't see it. Sometimes there are 3 Dragons in the End with no health bar. This lag killed me in the End 2 times. Luckily I had extra armour on. I just want the lag fixed because we can't play on Survival like in a normal way. People are rage quitting the game due to the lag as they have to mine the blocks 5 times to break it. We don't know why the blocks re-appear after breaking. This my Humble request to fix this situation of Pika Survival.

-SpiderKid003
-IGN= Sahil003
seems like a normal day on pika survival

divinePranav

I agree...Yes...There are a few lags...But the fun and class behind the game isn't gone...You still can play properly, always... I think there shouldn't be a issue regarding the gameplay :)