Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Strong Walls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeGee

Pika Lover
Hello dear PikaCrafters!!!
Im just a noob who was starting gettin into cannons last reset when the server was on 1.7, but all my little knowledge got crushed because of 1.8. Since I got into cannons I was aware that the mechanics were different on 1.8 and that there were some blocks that behaved different. So why learn stuff if you dont share right?
Heres a video that i found when i was gathering cannon knowledge, made by Tnt Madness:

So as you can see there are some blocks that behave as slabs on 1.7 for sand but at the same time they behave as full blocks for tnt, so they cant be destroyed from the top if they are watered.
Another block that is not mentioned in the video and its my favorite is SoulSand.

Now this kind of defense is NOT Unraidable as the video title says, there are 3 ways i know of:

1.- Hybrid the sides or the bottom of the block. As you can see its impossible to hybrid them from the top, but it can be done from the sides and bottom, however the next challenges appear:
- If they are placed at bedrock you will have to tunnel all the way to them and use a fusion cannon to be able to hybrid the side of the block.
- It may not be possible to hybrid the side, since in the overworld the bedrock is not flat, so it can be the case that the side of the block is covered by bedrock.
-If there are layers of this blocks you will have to make multiple cannons in orded to remove them all and then stack sand.
2.- You can cegg them. Ive tried this on single player and its possible to blow this blocks with ceggs but it requieres a rly good timing because the creeper tries to swim up.
3.- Wither. I havent played on pika in a while but last time I was on i saw that they added wither so if its still enabled RIP.

So as you can see this kind of defense is OP if used right, it will take a huge amount of effort for someone to cannon even one wall with this blocks at the bottom, specially if there are multiple layers and each is watered correctly. This blocks can be placed also on the roof of your base and render roof cannons useless, just water them right and have at least two layers of it since on the roof ceggin is more viable.

Just as a side note, dont take my word for it, try it yourself, make some tests and if it works use it. As I stated before I havent played on pika lately so this might be patched, but i doubt it.

If you have any questions or you found a different way to raid this kind of wall feel free to comment and ill try to answer or update the post.

Good luck, have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.