Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Discord Stop banning for using modded clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallusrgreat

Epic Pika
Minecraft username:
mallusrgreat

Suggestion:
Stop banning for using modded clients

Detailed description:
Stop banning people for using betterdiscord/vencord

Reason(s):
These clients, at its peak, are purely aesthetic and filled with utility features. Don't like the boring old Discord theme? Just change it! Someone sent a message in a foreign language? Translate it within Discord itself.

I want to go out of this to say that Vencord is very much harmless. It only lets people use plugins that are given out of the box. They do not contain harmful things, or have harmful intentions.

Any major exploits done using these clients must be reported to Discord, banning them from the server does nothing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mallusrgreat

mallusrgreat

Epic Pika
Get nitro easy fix -1
??????
You want to get stuck with some boring color? Besides, I'm not even talking about the theme. You're downvoting my suggestion just because people don't want to buy nitro? That's pretty dumb imo

Marleac

Great Reporter
Minecraft username:
mallusrgreat

Suggestion:

Detailed description:

Reason(s):
These clients, at its peak, are purely aesthetic and filled with utility features. Don't like the boring old Discord theme? Just change it! Someone sent a message in a foreign language? Translate it within Discord itself.

I want to go out of this to say that Vencord is very much harmless. It only lets people use plugins that are given out of the box. They do not contain harmful things, or have harmful intentions.

Any major exploits done using these clients must be reported to Discord, banning them from the server does nothing.
Anything that is against Discord TOS must/is punishable by PikaNetwork. Using BetterDiscord and such applications is against the TOS of Discord, hence why it's punishable.

parvagamer2

Legendary Pika
Minecraft username:
mallusrgreat

Suggestion:

Detailed description:

Reason(s):

It has a plugin called see hidden channels, which might spoil up Server Privacy, because they are "Hidden channels" for some reason, vencord and betterdiscord are against DISCORD TOS, tho discord isn't banning people for using this, but if discord start doing it, your in danger, and this is against TOS, if you are using illegal plugins like see hidden channels or something else, and if someone reports, you are going to get ban instantly!

OP
OP
mallusrgreat

mallusrgreat

Epic Pika
It has a plugin called see hidden channels, which might spoil up Server Privacy, because they are "Hidden channels" for some reason, vencord and betterdiscord are against DISCORD TOS, tho discord isn't banning people for using this, but if discord start doing it, your in danger, and this is against TOS, if you are using illegal plugins like see hidden channels or something else, and if someone reports, you are going to get ban instantly!
That's kind of Discord's fault... Discord exposes all channels in its API. The client just filters the ones the user has access to see. Purely client side.
I could literally go to the Network tab in developer tools, go to a server, check the request, and see all the channels, including private ones.
Using these clients makes using Discord more than a thousand times better. You can never prove me wrong.

ImAhmadAbdullah

Legendary Pika
This shouldn't be allowed for multiple reasons, it enables viewing of hidden channels, violates Discord's terms of service, and might pose security risks. Discord explicitly prohibits using such modded versions, as stated on their Twitter. I would suggest you remove your suggestion as it won't be approved, irrespective of the number of upvotes or downvotes.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello mallusrgreat,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Negative community feedback
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.