Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Event Staff Showdown: The Great Escape

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
Minecraft username:
PyroInDaBus​

Suggestion:
Staff Showdown: The Great Escape​

Detailed description:
The event pits the Pika-Network staff team against the player community in a thrilling game of cat-and-mouse across a sexy custom map. The event unfolds on a massive 1000x1000 arena, carefully built to include diverse biomes, structures, and hidden passageways. This hour-long event brings together 20 (or more if they fancy) brave staff members and a ton of eager players for an uncomfortable chase

Damn, imagine hunting down Arrly for once instead of falling to the void on Bridge, again, and again, and again...

As the event begins, Staff Members are granted a precious (cap) 2 minute head start. They scatter across the arena, each armed with basic leather armor, a stone sword, and a few steaks. Their mission? To evade death for as long as possible. These staff aren't defenseless, however. Each possesses, well, a sword... BUT! Also an "Invisibility Cloak" (a short of ability or item, idk, name it as you please), granting 10 seconds of true invisibility on a 5 minute cooldown. To aid in their survival, staff members can see each other's names and a unique glowing particle effect, allowing for stratgeic coordination among (AMOGUS!) them

This way, our dear staff will have a chance to breath or bang us from behind... second option must NOT be taken in a weird way

Once the head start concludes, all players (idc if they are 200 or 50) are randomly teleported into the arena. They begin emptyhanded, but the map has a few loot chests of varying quality. From basic leather and stone gear to diamond equipment and enchanted items, these chests offer the means for players to gear up for the hunt. The most prized loot is scarce, encouraging exploration and conflict as players vie for an advantage

Yeah... like we won't 20v1 them at minute 4... (good luck with getting anything, they won't drop a thing but tokens)

Here is the event flow breakdown:
00:00 - Staff released for head start
02:00 - Players teleported in, event begins
15:00 - Staff gear upgrade to iron
30:00 - Staff gear upgrade to partial diamond
45:00 - Final loot chest refill & staff gear upgrade to full diamond
60:00 - Event concludes

The core objective for players is simple: eliminate as many staff members as possible as many times as possible. Each staff death awards points based on their rank:
2 for Trials
4 for Helpers
5 for Moderators
8 for Senior Moderators
10 for Admins
20 for the elusive Manager

Yeah, Epiko won't play

Adding to the mystery, staff names remain hidden until the moment of their death, when a kill message reveals their identity and rank (staff will be able to see their names among them normally, players won't)

Upon eliminating a staff member, players receive a special token corresponding to the staff's rank. These tokens serve a dual purpose. They contribute to the player's overall ego and flex and can be spent at a special shop located at the player spawn point. This shop is only accessible manually in the middle of the arena, and there is no comand to go there, it offers temporary effects and gear upgrades, adding a layer of strategic decision-making. Do you save your tokens for da flex, or spend them on advantages to secure more staff eliminations?

So, smartarse, don't die with them because you will lose 1 of random quality every time you die

Players who die in battle aren't out of the game. They respawn at a random location, with an increasing cooldown for subsequent deaths. This mechanic maintains the player count while discouraging reckless play. My theory in the math could be something like this:
1st death - instant, 2nd - 15s, 3rd - 60s, 4th+ - 2m (based on the player count, my suggestion here is for 200 players)

See? No gangb- mutually have a hand when it comes to somebody's death at the same time...

When the dust settles after 60 intense and mentally infuriating minutes, the top three players with the highest scores claim victory. The winner receive Pika-Network gift crads valued at €50, €30, and €20 respectively (just a suggestion). The server anticheat has to be present during the event, and all winners owe to be screenshared as usual

Ok, I will sh- stop talking now, what do you think?​

Reason(s):
Well, for a number of reasons, the event is an intriguing addition to the network's event lineup for several reasons...

First and foremost, it creates an opportunity for direct player-/-staff interaction. This isn't just another PvP event, nah, it's a chance for the comumnity to engage with the team that makes pika tick, fostering a stronger sense of connection, and yeah, some family-friendly revenge here and there...

Like cmon, we all have past, but who wouldn't want to corner TryToHitMe for once?!

The event's design is a testament to pika's commitment to excitement (yeah, I totally added this just to suckup chances for this to get accepted)

With capacity for manyplayers, it matches the network's participation levels for major events. Yet it goes beyond mere numbers

The balanced progresion systems ensure that both players and staff members can find enjoyment and... "a bloody chance to survive for 10 seconds, please!"

Early-game advantages for staff, mid-game strength in player numbers, and late-game staff upgrades create a dynamic that keeps everyone on their toes

This event also stands out for its strategic depth. A risk-reward element that goes beyond basic combat is the token economy, players must weigh the advantages of benefits against the possibility of earning a higher score, like cmon, who wouldn't want that?!

Oh, plus there's a lot of replayabiilty because of this depth, the different terrain, and the hidden staff identities

This event will never feel exactly the same twice...

And to suckup on the devs and the events team... I mean, to give credit where credit is due, that is

This event is a demonstration of the dev team's technical skills. It takes skill to manage so many things in such a large area. Its seamless execution (which barely bloody exists these days) shows the network's commitment to offering top-notch events. The custom plugin needed for the event can also act as the foundation for more creative ideas in the future

But still... good luck to whomever will take the days to code it... I will pray for you

The event's structure also lends a hand to community building beyond the server itself. The hunt for hidden staff and the evolving dynamics make for entertaining content that the media team can perhaps stream ore record. The ability to theme the event for versions or special occasions provides flexible, long-term value, like the sumo 3.0, 2.0, brackets, and so on...

WHATEVER! Last but not least, Staff Showdown shows pika's commitment to fair play, which, let's be honest, rarely occurs. Because of the way the design is drafted out, cheating is naturally discouraged, and the custom of screensharing winners adds another level of legitimacy.

I mean, good luck trying to hack with all of those staff members behind you, in front of you, next you, below you, heck, even above you!​

Example(s):
While the event is a unique concept tailored for pika, it draws inspiration from several popular game modes and mechanics seen across the gaming industry

Many minecraft servers have hosted hide & seek events, like pika once had done, though typically on a smaller scale and without the complex progression systems seen in Staff Showdowfn

The asymmetric gameplay, where a small team of powerful players faces a larger group of weaker opponents, reminds me of games like Dead by Daylight or Evolve

The use of scattered loot and a play area that becomes more dangerous over time shares DNA with, well... popular battle royale games (but please not Fortnite)

However, Staff Showdown's approach is distnct, using increased difficulty of remaining hidden rather than a moving border. The core concept of hunting specific targets within a larger group is reminiscent of assassination modes found in many multiplayer shoooters

The token economy, serving as both a flexing "mechanism" and a currency for power-ups and upgrades, has roots in arcade-style games and some existing Minecraft minigames

Yet its implementtiaon here, tied directlyy to staff kills, is a novel twist...

The way players build up their gear over the course of the event, potentially losing it all on death, draws a parallel to roguelike game mechanics, adding tnesion to each encounter, aka "don't you bloody come near me!!!"

The invisibility mechanic for staff members isn't entirely new, games like TF2 have long used invisibility as a core gameplay element

However, its application in this large-scale, mc-based event creates unique tactical considerations. Fans of the popular "Manhunt" videos by YouTubers like Dream will recognize similar themes of chase and evasion, but scaled up dramatically and with the added thrill of staff participation.

Like, cmon, who isn't afraid when the guy who you are supposed to hunt has the power to vanish you permanently with a few simple keystrokes?!

I'll tell you who...
the one without a ghost client during the fight! Destruct it and play fair!

To finish off...

While these examples share elements with this event, the specific combination of mechanics, scale, and staff involvement makes this event truly unique to pika

It's designed to levergae the server''s strengths and community dynamics in a way that existing events on other platforms don't, promising an experience that players won't find anywhere else​

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Meaniess! Don't worry. Even staff(even the former Manager) like to participate in Events, if a lot of staff aren't able to participate then we could replace some with Team Event members, and there are quite a few staff in Team Events as well, some such as SS Verified are there so they could participate to enjoy their time instead of waiting. This could be a very fun idea.
staff in team events are also member of team events. its unfair to give some team some special treatment and again i am not saying they would not enjoy or they wont participate

Surbate

Staff Member
IGN
Surbate
ya stop making up stuff he himself said it his not sure if he even understood or read it right or not he didnt even understood what u meant nor i ever said anything like the things ur saying. and ya idc if his a staff or not its completely wrong to ignore team events just for staff even tho its not their job. they can participate sure but its not their job to host or even like volunteer in a event when team event exist
He didn't say that staff should host, feel free to read the suggestion again.

Furthermore, I was sure that I understood it correctly, I just didn't read the entire thing yet and thought there was a twist somewhere, just now noticed that there isn't.

Team events hosts, staff and players participate.

OP
OP
PyroInDaBus

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
I don't think you got the point of this suggestion (or I didn't, but I think I did).

This event isn't meant for staff to host, it's for staff to participate. It can still be hosted and managed by the team events team, it's for staff to participate in and have fun with the players
Don't confuse yourself, am being detailed enough for everyone to understand the core concept

You understood correctly

It's meant to be a fun event where staff members participate alongside regular players, not an event hosted by staff

The goal is to have staff and players interact in a new way, with players "hunting" staff members for points, now if you want the media team, the events team, the freaking administration team, sure, merge. The whole staff team idea is merely a suggestion

It's intended to bring the community together and let players see staff in a different light, not as rule enforcers but as fellow participants

The event would still be organized and run by the regular events team, not by staff

Participation would be voluntary for interested staff members who have time, not a requirement

The overall purpose is to reduce the divide between staff and players and foster better community bonds in an entertaining way

Idk I can make myself more clear...

OP
OP
PyroInDaBus

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
ya stop making up stuff he himself said it his not sure if he even understood or read it right or not he didnt even understood what u meant nor i ever said anything like the things ur saying. and ya idc if his a staff or not its completely wrong to ignore team events just for staff even tho its not their job. they can participate sure but its not their job to host or even like volunteer in a event when team event exist
He understood correctly, and I still urge you to reread, or have someone, perhaps an AI explain to you what I mean instead of going over the entire suggestion

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
He didn't say that staff should host, feel free to read the suggestion again.

Furthermore, I was sure that I understood it correctly, I just didn't read the entire thing yet and thought there was a twist somewhere, just now noticed that there isn't.

Team events hosts, staff and players participate.
participate??? i think u confused participating with hosting. he said something like u get points if u kill this ranked staff member something like that (yes i didnt read entire thing) meaning staff cannot win nor the event can start or is playable without the presense of staff members. participating is when ur competing for a prize which could be anything and hosting is when ur either hosting developing event which in this case would be staff playing the role of some sort of boss or as points

OP
OP
PyroInDaBus

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
participate??? i think u confused participating with hosting. he said something like u get points if u kill this ranked staff member something like that (yes i didnt read entire thing) meaning staff cannot win nor the event can start or is playable without the presense of staff members. participating is when ur competing for a prize which could be anything and hosting is when ur either hosting developing event which in this case would be staff playing the role of some sort of boss or as points
There is no way for the staff members, to "win", they are there to have fun, and they have the proper perks and power-ups to make the fight fair, work together in a larger scale than a mentor and a mentee

Also, they are there to interact with us, they are not there to win and they know it

The right word is FUN

Jinanplayz_YT

The Pika
IGN
Jinanplayz_YT
Maybe we can use moving NPCs named Trial, Helper, Manager, Admin, etc and even some staff members can join so people get plenty of kills(if that is the problem even?)?

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Don't confuse yourself, am being detailed enough for everyone to understand the core concept

You understood correctly

It's meant to be a fun event where staff members participate alongside regular players, not an event hosted by staff

The goal is to have staff and players interact in a new way, with players "hunting" staff members for points, now if you want the media team, the events team, the freaking administration team, sure, merge. The whole staff team idea is merely a suggestion

It's intended to bring the community together and let players see staff in a different light, not as rule enforcers but as fellow participants

The event would still be organized and run by the regular events team, not by staff

Participation would be voluntary for interested staff members who have time, not a requirement

The overall purpose is to reduce the divide between staff and players and foster better community bonds in an entertaining way

Idk I can make myself more clear...
ya so basically ur switching ur whole suggestion so it suits ur side. i think u should edit ur suggestion before making such claims. what now ur basically saying is that the staff can join and can intract with players which sounds in ur favour but u forgot IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE DAMN EVENT. THEY ARE STILL IN CHARGE OF THE EVENT.

OP
OP
PyroInDaBus

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
Maybe we can use moving NPCs named Trial, Helper, Manager, Admin, etc and even some staff members can join so people get plenty of kills?
Nah, that ruins the whole point of the interaction with the staff team

Instead, we could have members of the media and events team join them, surely having said points and tokens for their own ranks instead of staff roles

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
There is no way for the staff members, to "win", they are there to have fun, and they have the proper perks and power-ups to make the fight fair, work together in a larger scale than a mentor and a mentee

Also, they are there to interact with us, they are not there to win and they know it

The right word is FUN
they can win they are allowed to participate just few events ago @zNqtix won a event so yes there is a way to win it and thats cuz they are players aswell. so if they cant win then that would be called hosting which the team event member should be the one incharge of

Jinanplayz_YT

The Pika
IGN
Jinanplayz_YT
The staff members will **play** in the Event. While Team Events will build the map, test it, create the plugin, and spectate the event and do other tasks.

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Maybe we can use moving NPCs named Trial, Helper, Manager, Admin, etc and even some staff members can join so people get plenty of kills(if that is the problem even?)?
nope i didnt read much about the event but anyways it does not sound like a good one. even with team event members, the event can easily favour certain people.

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
The staff members will **play** in the Event. While Team Events will build the map, test it, create the plugin, and spectate the event and do other tasks.
ya they can play if they are actually competing like normal players.

OP
OP
PyroInDaBus

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
ya so basically ur switching ur whole suggestion so it suits ur side. i think u should edit ur suggestion before making such claims. what now ur basically saying is that the staff can join and can intract with players which sounds in ur favour but u forgot IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE DAMN EVENT. THEY ARE STILL IN CHARGE OF THE EVENT.
Respectfully, your assessment is wrong

I've been consistent about the core concept of the event...
  • It's meant to be a fun event where staff members participate alongside regular players, not an event hosted by staff
  • The event would still be organized and run by the regular events team, not by staff
  • Staff participation would be voluntary for interested staff members who have time, not a requirement
  • The goal is to have staff and players interact in a new way, with players "hunting" staff members for points
  • It's intended to bring the community together and let players see staff in a different light, not as rule enforcers but as fellow participants

I haven't switched or changed the suggestion, I have simply been clarifying and reiterating the original concept in response to misunderstandings. The staff are not "in charge of the event" as you claim, they are participants, with the event itself being run by the regular events team

So please, read the suggestion in full, you've been confusing yourself, and others alongside with you

OP
OP
PyroInDaBus

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
ya they can play if they are actually competing like normal players.
If they want to, for example staff members on N/A, or that request directly to the event manager and host, surely, they can play as players, without their staff role being visible (to avoid confusion)

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Respectfully, your assessment is wrong

I've been consistent about the core concept of the event...
  • It's meant to be a fun event where staff members participate alongside regular players, not an event hosted by staff
  • The event would still be organized and run by the regular events team, not by staff
  • Staff participation would be voluntary for interested staff members who have time, not a requirement
  • The goal is to have staff and players interact in a new way, with players "hunting" staff members for points
  • It's intended to bring the community together and let players see staff in a different light, not as rule enforcers but as fellow participants

I haven't switched or changed the suggestion, I have simply been clarifying and reiterating the original concept in response to misunderstandings. The staff are not "in charge of the event" as you claim, they are participants, with the event itself being run by the regular events team

So please, read the suggestion in full, you've been confusing yourself, and others alongside with you
yes exectly what i am saying staff would host which u phrase it as "interacting with players" as they cant win so its not participating. they are basically part of event cuz they are the people who u need to kill to get points to win the event so firstly there is no way for them to win secondly without staff u cannot win cuz they are these "points" things. so yes they are NOT participating rather they are part of event which should be team events not staff team. and ur pointing in somehow bring community and staff team closer then let me make it clear again staff is not something meant for community they are not there to attract with community rather to make their experience by moderating. the team u should be doing that with would be team events as the team events is solely there for the community so it make sense bringing those 2 together .

OP
OP
PyroInDaBus

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
yes exectly what i am saying staff would host which u phrase it as "interacting with players" as they cant win so its not participating. they are basically part of event cuz they are the people who u need to kill to get points to win the event so firstly there is no way for them to win secondly without staff u cannot win cuz they are these "points" things. so yes they are NOT participating rather they are part of event which should be team events not staff team. and ur pointing in somehow bring community and staff team closer then let me make it clear again staff is not something meant for community they are not there to attract with community rather to make their experience by moderating. the team u should be doing that with would be team events as the team events is solely there for the community so it make sense bringing those 2 together .
No, you are still wrong

The event would be hosted and run by the regular events team, not staff. Staff would be participants in a specific role, not hosts

Staff aren't just "points", they're active participants with their own objectives (surviving, using abilities). Theyare not competing to win, but they are playing

Yes, staff presence is needed for the event to work, but that doesn't mean they're hosting. Think of it ilike needing specific player roles in other game modes

While moderation is staff's primary role (kinda), positive staff-player interaction can greatly benefit the community. This event aims to foster that in a fun way

I'm not suggesting replacing the events team with staff. The events team would run this, with staff participating in a unique way

Do I make myself plain and clear now?

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
No, you are still wrong

The event would be hosted and run by the regular events team, not staff. Staff would be participants in a specific role, not hosts

Staff aren't just "points", they're active participants with their own objectives (surviving, using abilities). Theyare not competing to win, but they are playing

Yes, staff presence is needed for the event to work, but that doesn't mean they're hosting. Think of it ilike needing specific player roles in other game modes

While moderation is staff's primary role (kinda), positive staff-player interaction can greatly benefit the community. This event aims to foster that in a fun way

I'm not suggesting replacing the events team with staff. The events team would run this, with staff participating in a unique way

Do I make myself plain and clear now?
no whole idea of bring staff team and community together is completely false. there is a reason most of the staff team thing is hidden and not availiable to public cuz those 2 were never meant to clash. if u agree the event cant work without staff then how tf is them being the host is false? u cant even understand ur own words. ya sure team events would build the event but staff team would still be doing main thing. building the event is not the only thing considered to be hosting.

OP
OP
PyroInDaBus

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
no whole idea of bring staff team and community together is completely false. there is a reason most of the staff team thing is hidden and not availiable to public cuz those 2 were never meant to clash. if u agree the event cant work without staff then how tf is them being the host is false? u cant even understand ur own words. ya sure team events would build the event but staff team would still be doing main thing. building the event is not the only thing considered to be hosting.
Team events will build, code (heck, even if they ask me to help ill help em code it), and host

Staff members will just PvP

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Team events will build, code (heck, even if they ask me to help ill help em code it), and host

Staff members will just PvP
with ur logic host of those gw shows are also "participating" cuz there is a diff team making and coding all the thing and that host is just "interacting with the community"