Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Staff Message in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atronimus

Veteran
Minecraft Username:
Atronimus

Suggestion:
Staff Message in-game

Detailed description:
Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a good time. I would like to suggest adding a Staff Message feature, under which a player can message any staff online throughout the entire server, not just a specific game mode. For example, the command could be

/staff msg [issue].

When there is light, there is also darkness. One may argue that this may not be full proof, as some players may send "troll" messages or flood the chat. However, by setting limitations such as a 5 minute cool down per message, and adding specific rules in regard to the messages.

The basic idea behind this is to alert each and every staff member online throughout the server, whenever a player is in need of help. No matter which game mode a staff would be in, they can easily check the chat for any help. At any moment of time a player can just report at the instant, for example /staff msg "I need help, I'm fighting a hacker".

This can allow any staff member online to immediately tp to the player and check up on them, and with proper evidence punish the rule breakers.

Reason(s):
This would make communicating between players and any staff member online much more faster and easier.

Example(s):
I have mentioned above but once again,
/Staff msg "I have found a bug on the server please check it"

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
what is the differnce with /report?
people will abuse and spam it.

A better solution is that you do /staff ingame to see which staff is online, and DM their discord like:
Hallo, I found a hacker, his ign is blablabla

OP
OP
Atronimus

Atronimus

Veteran

A better solution is that you do /staff ingame to see which staff is online, and DM their discord like:
Fair enough, as for the abusing setting message cool downs and setting strict rules. Anyone who wastes staffs time for no reason should be punished. That being said, there may be new players who may not be on discord. What about them...
As for how it's different from /report, it can allow a player to give out an urgent message to every staff online at the moment. /Report may take a little while longer, a hacker would've done their job and moved on.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
1. there are tons of new member each day, i fr prefer /report more than /staff message cuz it will be more easier to see and check the hacker
2. how can we reply players when there are like 10 people /staff messaging you? the whole chat will get flooded.
3. why discord DM is better, it is because we have more things in chat that you dont know, we shouldnt find a way to flood ourselves right?

OP
OP
Atronimus

Atronimus

Veteran
Y
1. there are tons of new member each day, i fr prefer /report more than /staff message cuz it will be more easier to see and check the hacker
2. how can we reply players when there are like 10 people /staff messaging you? the whole chat will get flooded.
3. why discord DM is better, it is because we have more things in chat that you dont know, we shouldnt find a way to flood ourselves right?
You're points are absolutely valid. This suggestion is definitely flawed in many ways however this is always room for improvement. I was aiming to suggest this for the newer players who may not be on all platforms such as discord. I definitely agree with you on the chat flooding part, there are ways to work around the issue, however there will always be one flaw or another. Thanks for reviewing it though, 😄

Th30nionas

Pika Member

Cant you out put a cooldown and "watchdogs" hmm...

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
If you need help, you can use the #help-lobby channel on Discord, and you will get assisted much more effectively than you would ever be by using /staff message.
For reporting hackers (or campers, or any other rule-breakers), you can use the player reports section on the forums with valid evidence. Reports without evidence are pointless, and more than 90% of them are false. For example, we have players complaining they're getting hit from 10 blocks by someone, and when we spectate the suspect, we usually find out that they're completely legit.
We are already getting way too many pointless messages in /msg and in server chats to be able to handle one more place where people might ask for assistance.

Hellific

Veteran
Hey!

I would like to give this suggestion a -1 due to the following reasons:

• We already have multiple and various types of ways you can contact us, via Discord, In-game and most staff are online on pretty much all the gamemodes.

• This will cause many interruptions while we're doing our staff duties ourselves and busy.

• We have around 3,000+ players playing daily. This is going to be an overload when there will be like atleast 100 people typing in the chat.

• More reasons are already given above.

However, this is quite a unique suggestion, so I do of course appreciate the effort you put into your thread.

Piko

Banned
Neutral

• Please enter a message with more than 30 characters.
  • Please enter a message with more than 6 words

UpperGround

Great Reporter
im giving this a neutral because i think i should give this a neutral

MouraThat

Veteran

My feeling is the same as this. When you give people that sort of command people will just mis-use it.
So -1

UpperGround

Great Reporter
This is a predefined message to bypass the Word+Char filter, please ignore this, The actual reply is below;

ur aliiiveeee

JustToGoody

The Pika
If you need help, you can use the #help-lobby channel on Discord, and you will get assisted much more effectively than you would ever be by using /staff message.
For reporting hackers (or campers, or any other rule-breakers), you can use the player reports section on the forums with valid evidence. Reports without evidence are pointless, and more than 90% of them are false. For example, we have players complaining they're getting hit from 10 blocks by someone, and when we spectate the suspect, we usually find out that they're completely legit.
We are already getting way too many pointless messages in /msg and in server chats to be able to handle one more place where people might ask for assistance.
Since your a staff you can lock it now @Lt_Hammerman Lock

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
Neutral.
I would say its a good suggestion, but people will spam it. I would agree with just sending a PM to any Staff online in Discord. It will be the same thing as this suggestion. Also in Discord you can talk without cooldown or anything. And if someone found a bug/problem they can always check forums and report the issue.

Pace

Legendary Pika
Hello Atronimus,

Thank you for creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have decided to deny your suggestion.

Thank you very much for helping us.

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.