Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Factions Staff members shouldent play factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

faydee

Veteran
Minecraft Username:
Faydee

Suggestion:
Staff members shouldent play factions

Detailed description:
Back in the old days , staff members couldn't play faction in their main account ( the staff account ).
If they wanted to play they needed to make an alt account and transfer all the ranks over there!
I believe the same principle should be applied here again.
Alot of helpers can and may abuse their rank power and commands by giving unfair strikes / using tp to other players while vanish and other commands to help their main faction to grow!​

Reason(s):
It will decrease the ability of staff member to abuse their rank!
If they want to play faction or any other server they should make an alt and transfer all their ranks there!​

Lukonce

Great Reporter
-1 not needed.
My reasons :
If staff would need to use alts just to play something it would be just bad as they would need to switch accounts just to punish someone?
I think that isn't a thing anymore as it wasn't that good of an idea.
+ You could just always record and send the evidence to the Manager and it's simple as that.

Lt_akgamings

Great Reporter
-1 not needed.
My reasons :
If staff would need to use alts just to play something it would be just bad as they would need to switch accounts just to punish someone?
I think that isn't a thing anymore as it wasn't that good of an idea.
+ You could just always record and send the evidence to the Manager and it's simple as that.
You can't see if someone is watching you in vanish.

Lt_akgamings

Great Reporter
You have some good arguments there, I don't play factions so I'll stay neutral for now.

ir_n

The Pika
As a staff member who actively plays factions, I disagree with your suggestion.
I know this might seem very biased, but here are some of the many reasons as to why staff members should play factions.
Currently, the factions community on Pika Network involves many rule breakers and cheaters. To ensure that all members of the factions community enjoy their time on Factions, we will need staff to punish and prevent players from cheating and breaking the rules. Whenever there is a rule breaker or a blatant cheater, the only person who can punish the rule breaker are staff members, if Pika was to accept your suggestion and implement your suggestion, cheaters and other rule breakers would carry on breaking the rules for prolonged times as staff members aren't there to stop them. Although you could argue that faction players could just report the player, not all faction players have the correct applications to do so, whereas staff have the correct applications and they are more knowledgeable of the rules and what is punishable than the average faction player. Another reason as to why i disagree with your suggestion is the fact that staff have more perms than the average faction player, therefore we are more powerful.
These are just few of the many reasons that contrast your suggestion which have not been stated
If you do happen to come across any abusing staff members, please do report them to our Manager on discord, Frank#3779 (MrFrenco)

OP
OP
faydee

faydee

Veteran
As a staff member who actively plays factions, I disagree with your suggestion.
I know this might seem very biased, but here are some of the many reasons as to why staff members should play factions.
Currently, the factions community on Pika Network involves many rule breakers and cheaters. To ensure that all members of the factions community enjoy their time on Factions, we will need staff to punish and prevent players from cheating and breaking the rules. Whenever there is a rule breaker or a blatant cheater, the only person who can punish the rule breaker are staff members, if Pika was to accept your suggestion and implement your suggestion, cheaters and other rule breakers would carry on breaking the rules for prolonged times as staff members aren't there to stop them. Although you could argue that faction players could just report the player, not all faction players have the correct applications to do so, whereas staff have the correct applications and they are more knowledgeable of the rules and what is punishable than the average faction player. Another reason as to why i disagree with your suggestion is the fact that staff have more perms than the average faction player, therefore we are more powerful.
These are just few of the many reasons that contrast your suggestion which have not been stated
If you do happen to come across any abusing staff members, please do report them to our Manager on discord, Frank#3779 (MrFrenco)
I said you shouldent play faction on your staff account .
You can make an alt and just play over there on factions.
And your staff account will remain only for being a staff !
For example ( Lets say a helper was in a faction with his friends ! And they are searching for a raid suddenly a player from an enemy faction joins ! Now the helper will use /tp (name) with /V and boom ez cords ! / another example lets say a players has a secret vault in the sky well you use /tp and also got his cords ! )

OP
OP
faydee

faydee

Veteran
Honestly I know this suggestion is going to get alot of hate from the staff team , but you signed to be staff and to help other players ! So in doing so you also need to decrease all the types of abuse even the ones that are coming from staff team !

ir_n

The Pika
I said you shouldent play faction on your staff account .
You can make an alt and just play over there on factions.
And your staff account will remain only for being a staff !
For example ( Lets say a helper was in a faction with his friends ! And they are searching for a raid suddenly a player from an enemy faction joins ! Now the helper will use /tp (name) with /V and boom ez cords ! / another example lets say a players has a secret vault in the sky well you use /tp and also got his cords ! )
I'm pretty sure that the owners and manager have logs of what commands staff has run. The owners and manager do look into these things and don't turn a blind eye.
Going on an alt account is very inconvenient as many staff have their ranks on their main account, and going onto your main account just to punish one person, then having to go back to your alt is again, very inconvenient.

OP
OP
faydee

faydee

Veteran
I'm pretty sure that the owners and manager have logs of what commands staff has run. The owners and manager do look into these things and don't turn a blind eye.
Going on an alt account is very inconvenient as many staff have their ranks on their main account, and going onto your main account just to punish one person, then having to go back to your alt is again, very inconvenient.
As it seems from your answer I believe you didnt even read my suggestion, you read the title didnt like it and it agitated you so you made a comment .
In all types of punishment you need to provide a source / evidence/ proof for the punishment, so lets you are playing on either your alt or even your main account you need to record the player or SS for a proof so either way you are going to take few min to record him and get the proof ready , while that is cooking you can enter your staff account and provide the proof of the punishment while applying the ban

Unawarely

The Pika
If you are worried about them giving unfair punishments, etc: Why worry now about unfair punishments versus any other time they are staffing? Seems pretty bias considering you only care about them abusing when it affects you. I personally just trust the staff not to unfairly punsih and if I think a staff is abusing I'll msg MrFrenco or record it.

OP
OP
faydee

faydee

Veteran
If you are worried about them giving unfair punishments, etc: Why worry now about unfair punishments versus any other time they are staffing? Seems pretty bias considering you only care about them abusing when it affects you. I personally just trust the staff not to unfairly punsih and if I think a staff is abusing I'll msg MrFrenco or record it.
Mhmm , when I made this suggestion it only gave me the opportunity to talk only about one server , I couldn't also add other servers but I believe my suggestion applies to all the server.
While I was staff before 2017... (DutchMinerHD era) and you wanted also to play the server they would transfer all your ranks and stuff to an alt and make the main one for staff.
From the amount of hate I am seem to be making from this thread just proof that the staff are lazy / inadequate...

OP
OP
faydee

faydee

Veteran
I know this suggestion wont get accepted , it is pretty obvious lol.
Still it is pretty interesting to see what other helpers think lol.
For example this guy Ir_n never saw him on factions lol and I am there almost every day 3-4 hours ( not continuously) and he is coming here and saying " I am pretty active " !!! Lol dont make me laugh 😂 I came back couple of months ago and didnt even saw his name once lol

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello faydee,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • You are not allowed to suggest changes to the rules or the staff team.
  • Staff are players just like all the other ones: they are just here to keep the server clean on top of being players. There is no reason to forbid them from playing. If you suspect any staff member abusing their rank, you may DM the Staff Manager on Discord with solid proof: Frank#3779.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.