Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Some Suggestions To Make Survival Better

Do You Agrea Whit This Suggestions

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. . .

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Some i like

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaimTheGamer

Epic Pika
PLEASE READ: This are my suggestions for survival.There are many other opinions and i wish to see them,so if you want you can reply your own opinion on what to add.

I love to play on this server and i love survival more then any other game.And i didint see any huge changes in a long time and i think it needs a make owear.

Some Suggestions:
1.Add money balance,but still keep emeralds also(You can trade your emeralds into money and trade your money into emeralds,so its a better way to keep your emeralds safe from other players,also when players trade items or buy them from other players,they tp to them and get killed and they use a second accound beacose they know they will be baned for that.But its getting fixed by the new helpers that work at survival.Big shoutout for them helping to keep the server clean from hackers.
2.Prevent players to claim near your claim whitout premision(For me this happens a lot of times,beacose other players are jealus of me having better stuff then them.
3.Fix the De-Spawn Problem for Mobs such as Cows,Shep,Ciken,etc(This is a problem from the start of survival,i never did research on have to prevent it but im gona do it latter after i post this Thread.
4.No fall dameage after tp to players or any dameg from Lava,Cactus,Flint And Steal,etc(This is to prevent TP Killing and have prevent future tp killers,and stop other players that are still doing this and are not baned yet)
5.Add a Mall(This whod be cool to add,you can buy or rent a place in the mall and you can make your won shop,this whod be easyer for players to have a shop.And that you cant have a inactive shop.If the shop is not active for 3 days(Or any other time period) they get theyre shop removed adn opened to somebodi else to buy/rent it.(Just came up whit it :D)

6.Add a Auction House.(So this whod use emeralds as an trade offer.Somebodi auc some items and you tipe /bid (Example:player 1 Wants to sell some wood so he does /auc 64 and player2 needs wood so he goes to hes chest and gets some emerlads.Then he does /bid 6 and it takes 6 emeralds from his invetori.And it doesnot need any money sistem.We can still use emeralds)

I have many more Suggestions but they are small and i nobodi cares about them :p

Thanks For Reading This Post :]

Note:Suggestion 6 was added 17.3.2016

Last edited:

Cirty

Pika Lover
You could just claim an area bigger than you initially intended to build with. Honestly, making a distance requirement from another claim wouldn't make much of a difference, just my opinion though.

I like the other suggestions as well.

OP
OP
SaimTheGamer

SaimTheGamer

Epic Pika
You could just claim an area bigger than you initially intended to build with. Honestly, making a distance requirement from another claim wouldn't make much of a difference, just my opinion though.

I like the other suggestions as well.

Thanks man!

JimmyzPel

Legendary Pika
The De-Spawn is done to make the lag smaller on Survival. I think you can prevent this if you have a small amount of animals and/or a name tag on two animals so they will stay. Don't take my word for it tho..

OP
OP
SaimTheGamer

SaimTheGamer

Epic Pika
The De-Spawn is done to make the lag smaller on Survival. I think you can prevent this if you have a small amount of animals and/or a name tag on two animals so they will stay. Don't take my word for it tho..

I didint try name tags,jet.I ask some people and they say it works,but some say it doesent.
I always forget to try it,i have to rite it down on my forhead XD

Cirty

Pika Lover
I can confirm that name tags do not prevent mobs from despawning. It's happened three times with various farm animals.

JimmyzPel

Legendary Pika
I can confirm that name tags do not prevent mobs from despawning. It's happened three times with various farm animals.
Well, RIP my career as an old member of Pika. I'll let myself out.

H8F96OF.gif

MouraThat

Veteran
Yeh animals despawing sucks but i like the suggestions
but animals despawning are only in place to stop lagg

CloudAP

Veteran
It would break the purpose of survival so stay in emerald system. Because if there's economy, survival will look like factions with several cactus farms and other useless auto farm not useful for surviving but good for money.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I personally liked the economy system. Less messy and ultimately easier to use and store. Unforunately Pika has shifted back to the emerald system and probably won't change for a while

Players are allowed to claim next to you unless they do so to block you (i.e. Claiming in front of your door and placing dirt so you cant leave.) If they block you, admins will remove the claims. Easier to just claim farther out though

Despawning animals doesn't need to be "fixed". They despawn on purpose to keep lag down. Best thing to do to avoid this is to keep animals away from your base so the chunk isn't loaded. If the chunk isn't loaded they won't despawn. Also helps to use bigger pens.

TP killing is a problem but it's very easy to avoid. It's fairly easy to tell who's trapping. You can also report them and get them banned

The mall idea is redundant. Player trading in chat is fairly large, and it's easy to trade among players without adding another area for admins to have to moderate.

JimmyzPel

Legendary Pika
I personally liked the economy system. Less messy and ultimately easier to use and store. Unforunately Pika has shifted back to the emerald system and probably won't change for a while

Players are allowed to claim next to you unless they do so to block you (i.e. Claiming in front of your door and placing dirt so you cant leave.) If they block you, admins will remove the claims. Easier to just claim farther out though

Despawning animals doesn't need to be "fixed". They despawn on purpose to keep lag down. Best thing to do to avoid this is to keep animals away from your base so the chunk isn't loaded. If the chunk isn't loaded they won't despawn. Also helps to use bigger pens.

TP killing is a problem but it's very easy to avoid. It's fairly easy to tell who's trapping. You can also report them and get them banned

The mall idea is redundant. Player trading in chat is fairly large, and it's easy to trade among players without adding another area for admins to have to moderate.
MHWUMfe.gif

MouraThat

Veteran
i dont mind about the economy bu with emeralds its easier to get

buttercupsimmer

Pika Lover

I agree:) i like the emerald economy of the survival server and I don't want to change that too, about the animals despawning (regarding the long long thread I have posted on the old pika web) Nametags definitely won't prevent animals from despawning but one loophole of the despawning bug is to create a large biome-like place then the animals will naturally spawn there ( it saves the money you have to spent in buying spawn eggs; grow many trees around the plot, remember to put fence on that large plot you have so they won't spread out) and animals won't despawn. ( I don't want to repeat that long explanation i had before) I have been playing survival for long and been staying for hours at that large plot where I had the animals there and animals at my place don't despawn. the only exception is horses and dogs don't despawn.

OP
OP
SaimTheGamer

SaimTheGamer

Epic Pika
should i make the mall?

I pearsenoly like the idea (Becoause its my idea :D) But i dont really know if it is a good ide.Yes it whod be cool to have a place were you can rent a place and sell items to make some emeralds fast.But the 1 problem is will it be popular.You can spend hourors making it and then not a lot of people come so not a lot of rooms will be rent and everione whod forget about it (Just like /Warp MegaShop if you remeber).It really depents from if people are gona like it

Harshhc_returns

Veteran
1)Nope not good sorry.
2) cirty>You could just claim an area bigger than you initially intended to build with. Honestly, making a distance requirement from another claim wouldn't make much of a difference, just my opinion though.
3)we're trying out best to fix this.
4)Hmm maybe we can try doing this.
5)Good idea ! Getting it in a Silicon City soon! :)

OP
OP
SaimTheGamer

SaimTheGamer

Epic Pika
1)Nope not good sorry.
2) cirty>You could just claim an area bigger than you initially intended to build with. Honestly, making a distance requirement from another claim wouldn't make much of a difference, just my opinion though.
3)we're trying out best to fix this.
4)Hmm maybe we can try doing this.
5)Good idea ! Getting it in a Silicon City soon! :)

Im glad that some of my ideas helped you :D

RaVo

Legendary Pika
Jej the mall is just somthing relevant(But then better) like I ment in my /warp with rentable areas treath. I hope it will be added. It would really make survival better.(I hope that if it gets added it will remain after the first survival reset:D).

Status
Not open for further replies.