Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

server lag

iimexter

Pika Member
guys the server is lagging tht we cant move well alot of us lost his gear cause of this lag we need solutions

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
The server has been lagging since the release. The new versions are not very optimized for multiplayer which means it is difficult for them to fix it.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
Instead of adhering to size constraints, the new versions are optimized for additional content released after 1.13, For one example, block type used to be a 8-bit char array but was changed to an arbitrarily sized map structure. This generally makes the game take more memory and more time to allocate it on the server side.

This doesn't necessarily mean that the lag on the server is caused exclusively by player count, chunk loading, random redstone stuff, or a worldedit job (it took about 100 lag machines to break a cheap test server). All of it together will cause lag,

Lag could be solved by changing the game to change how players play the game, but then there's a risk of gaining/losing players every time a rule is changed.

The server hasn't been laggy since release. Lag has come and gone with bugfixes and players finding new ways to break stuff.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Yea he's not talking about "general lag"

The server is so laggy right now that you are locked in place and can't move for 30 seconds at a time, and people are dying in the world void. I'm guessing someone built a lag machine because it's ages worse than it's ever been

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
Yea he's not talking about "general lag"

The server is so laggy right now that you are locked in place and can't move for 30 seconds at a time, and people are dying in the world void. I'm guessing someone built a lag machine because it's ages worse than it's ever been
I disagree that is the worst it has been, but it is still worse than normal. 20 seconds to open the auction house isnt normal.

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
I misread sorry, you were talking just about today. Yes today has been exceptionally laggy. It will get fixed just be patient. But the server has had smaller lag spikes for quite a while.

If you ever find yourself in this situation again just leave survival, play something else and try again after a few hours or the next day.