Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Sale Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
Minecraft Username
boopboopMC

Suggestion:
Sale Alerts

Detailed description:
Sale alerts are very important. They make it so the player knows about something great going on at store.pika-network.net, like the current 60% off sale for Easter.

It is also very important to not annoy the playerbase in which you're trying to have purchase ranks, boosts, keys, etc.
A number of people, myself included have definitely noticed the 60% off sale pop-ups in game. I've personally noticed them far too many times. In fact I was curious to see how often we see them. They show up approximately every 3 minutes and 45 seconds, which is far to frequent.

I move to increase the delay between popups to approximately 8 minutes, but no more than 10 minutes. This way it is still fairly frequent which gets your message across for the sale; but won't get on the nerves of people as easily.

I am specifically talking about the alerts that show at in the middle of the screen, not the chat popups. Those are fine. They can stay how they are. They do not disrupt gameplay.

I am a survival player myself, but I can only imagine how annoying that must be while trying to kill someone in Kit-PvP, or Factions.

Thanks for reading this. Let me know your thoughts.​

Reason(s):
TL;DR
  • Sale pop-up are displayed too often. (Approx. every 3 minutes 45 seconds)
    • This can get distracting during PvP, or when just roaming around.
  • I suggest increasing the delay to around 8 minutes, but no more than 10 minutes.
    • This way the message is still displayed often, but not too often to annoy players.

blakeoncoaster

Veteran
I've noticed those pop-ups aswell and can confirm they are very distracting. I understand it is important for you to notify players of the sales and discounts, but I believe that point can be made even if the pop-ups would show up in less frequent timing. +1

UpperGround

Great Reporter
+1
it's annoying when you gotta concentrate on something then the popup pops out

MouraThat

Veteran
I know this is a bit late to respond but +1
I was playing Skywars and I was in the middle of pvping someone and then suddenly that thing just popped up and i got knocked off my island. Its really annoying.

Mrfatsojr

Veteran
Great Reporter
Instead of showing it on ur screen, how about a broadcast instead. No one would be affected + it would get the advertisements needed.

Outscale

Banned
+1
It happens far too frequently during PvP , its really distracting , i think Mrfatsojr's suggestion is really good and they should change it to broadcast.

JerryMine

The Pika
why repeat pop up ads when peoples just don't have money to buy even whey then know it... just make it show up at hub only

OP
OP
boopboopMC

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
why repeat pop up ads when peoples just don't have money to buy even whey then know it... just make it show up at hub only
Some people do have the money to donate, even if it is for the lowest rank. Removing the announcement from the servers completely would be counter productive on their end. I like @Mrfatsojr's suggestion of just having all announcements in chat. People are looking there enough to see alerts. Maybe they won't catch every single one, but they'll see them enough to get the message across. That way the pop-ups don't disrupt the user's experience. I personally don't understand why any server would want alerts like that to show up, except for in a hub world. With that being said, I do agree with your point @JerryMine, this announcement medium would make perfect sense if it were utilized within the hub world. There is no real gameplay to interrupt.

Thanks for the support on this suggestion everyone!

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey boopboopMC,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
Unfortunately, we do not think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. So we will be denying your suggestion​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.