Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Sad Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Yo to everyone!

It's me with another useless post, or is it really useless? Maybe this time i am lying so if you want to know, continue reading.

Note: This post isn't about the staff rework thingy, i might mention it but won't go to details.

I have been on pika since 2014, those were middle ages for pika, between good and bad, a year where pika started growing slowly.
In 2014 i also joined forums (old one) and here i am to talk about that. About old and new forums. From year 2013 to end of 2015 pika forums were cery much different than from ones we have today. What i remember of old forums is that.. There werent that many people using them and almost everyone knew eachother on forums. We knew who was good,who was funny, bad, who you can mess with and who you mustn't. Age of forum users were all kind, from little kids to old people.
There was always something to talk about, offtopic was busy with all kind of themes and ideas. Forum chat wasn't full of constant cryings but instead it was full of random talks and jokes, communication.

Today, it is very different. Big part in this did Rules i am sure but bigger part did servers growth and game change. I know i am getting older but i am sure that is not the reason why i don't find anything funny or good on forums. Nothing is intresting. Random posts with no sense from random people no one knows about. What happen?
Well, generations happen. Internet happen and social media happen.
I have seen this happen over and over again. Each time something gets popular, it's community goes down. Old people who had sense in life leave, they realize how things become bad and just leave to other smaller comunity where they build their home.
Very Sad. Pika forums are dead if you ask me.

Therefore this post is called Sad forums. Useless or not? I wonder.

U-RITE

Forum Fantasiser
Well, 1 thing has changed for sure, the community. These days a lot of people aren't here to have fun, argue with other members, suggest things and simply talk to the community, for the past few months it has been all about "becoming a staff member". You can't find the real members, because most of them fake how they are just to receive that majestic rank.

When the new forums just got released, a lot of things were being posted and it was a ton of fun, sadly, that's over now. People used to post 3-5 off-topic threads everyday, back then you felt that people cared about the forums. Now, all you see is "goodbye, I'm leaving the server" threads, nothing more.

This is also partially the staff members' fault, for example, a lot of suggestions are being made everyday and all of them are being ignored. For three psst 3 weeks, only 2 suggestions have been officially denied and none have been accepted. I made a thread about this 3 weeks ago, if you feel like reading it, here is the link: https://pika-network.net/threads/issue-suggestions-and-bug-reports.35752/

Ofcourse, a lot of people are also leaving the forums and this has also caused a lot of this inactivity. There is a lot of hostility going around the forums for the past few months, not just discussions, but people are literally insulting eachother because they have a different opinion about something. The forums won't become any better anytime soon, but we SHOULD atleast try to improve something as a community.

DqrkneZz

Veteran
I get you...I may not have been here in 2014 and I actually never joined the old forums because I was just a lil' guy playing sky wars and didn't know anyone. But despite all of that I know you're right. And at this point of time, pika may be in its worse. 10s of staff members leaving daily and arguments everywhere. Many old players have left so we can't have the banter we did before. This is what happens in every platform though, in every minecraft server and generally every community. People come, leave and new people arise. And I think we're just in a bad time. One of the worst times someone could be on pika actually. :/

EzGarry

Pika Lover
Seriously, you did make fair points, but do you think forum is only for fun and happiness? How Funny.

OP
OP
XTheYo

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Seriously, you did make fair points, but do you think forum is only for fun and happiness? How Funny.
I am sure i know very well what forums are used for. Fun is mostly what we are looking for on forums besides help and care about other people which i am not here to talk about.

U-RITE

Forum Fantasiser
It was ignored because the staff, even ex- head admins cannot implement it. Most of the accepted suggestions are the few ones they can implement.
Totally understandable, but staff members should atleast give their opinion when it comes to suggestions.

LeoMinecrafter

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Great thread, since u made this, you should be the one who change this!

OP
OP
XTheYo

XTheYo

Retired
Veteran
Fair point, but dont count me in :) im done with it.

Davidva

Veteran
In the beginning of this website it was pretty okay. Shoutbox was always fun. After the report section was not viewable for the public it did. Also that well known members left or got banned or even blacklisted of. TheI forums/server. And now.... we are here.... crying about the old times :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.