Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Qualifying degrading people for their level of English as "negative behavior"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Minecraft Username
Old_Prophet

Suggestion:
Qualifying degrading people for their level of English as "negative behavior"

Detailed description:
I want to do this suggestion, first because it is a top annoyance of me personally, but also of course because I see it as an improvement of the player environment on the Pika-Network.

More and more I get annoyed about people that make comments on the level of English that other people speak. Even when it's obviously clear what people mean, they think they have to say something like "fix your gramma" or "English ?". This is very degrading to the people that do not master a level of the English language like others do. Nevertheless those people are trying their best to speak English and communicate with other on the server in the language allowed, and not separate them selves and stick to the people of their own country or language group. Which I personally find needs to be encouraged and not demotivated by making stupid comments.

So my suggestion is to make degrading commenting on someone's English skills punishable as 'negative behavior". As this is just that.​

Reason(s):
As written above, people that do not master the English language that well are to be motivated to communicate in English in an international server and not demotivated. Demotivation will drive them back into sticking to their playing only with their own countrymen or people withing their own language group, defying the international character Pika-Network. Eventually this may lead to those players leaving the server, thus less players, less potential donors, less turnover, less support for the server.​

Example(s):
I don't think examples are necessary....

UpperGround

Great Reporter
insulting because of English should be punishable,
but not saying "your English is bad"
like if they say "lol speak English properly u sht <insert nationality>" perhaps "lol can't even speak english idiot"

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey Old_Prophet,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
Unfortunately, we do not think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. So we will be denying your suggestion​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.