Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

proving bedwars is not a skill-based game

Silver Wing

The Pika
IGN
SilverWing_YT
uh well if u mean by rushing
I am also the person who rushes :p

Hellific

Veteran
IGN
Hellific
Because it's knowing what to do in certain situations based off memory and playing. It's obviously a skill. Also, earlier you said to play bedwars you need 7 cps and to speed bridge. Both of those take skill
I never said to speed bridge. And 5-7 cps does not require skills. It is the normal cps of everyone and if someone doesn't have 7 cps. 5 cps has to be the normal cps of everyone. I will agree about your smart as a skill.

Unawarely

The Pika
I never said to speed bridge. And 5-7 cps does not require skills. It is the normal cps of everyone and if someone doesn't have 7 cps. 5 cps has to be the normal cps of everyone. I will agree about your smart as a skill.
well i guess bedwars is a skill based game then. I don't understand how people can think it's not but whatever

Arrly

Staff Member
Manager
IGN
Arrly
"skill - ability to do something well" (Google)
Can we agree that if you're good at BedWars you can win? Hopefully. Therefore it is a skill based game. I will explain this a bit more tho.
I fought countless high ping players, and it is true that they usually win regular bridge fights, however normal PVP is harder for them because less of their hits register and they register 2 seconds later. I have 35 ping (not high at all) and I win a lot of bridge fights against laggy players. Why? Because I'm better at the game than them. Manipulating block placements is crucial in bridge fights, if you know how to do it well (which is a skill) you can get 1-2 hits on your opponent on a bridge while he can't even hit you, making it impossible for him to survive. You can't use your opponent's ping as an excuse for losing.
CPS is a part of PVP (knowing how to PVP well is a skill), so that's out of discussion.
Everything has been already said about hackers so no need to repeat.
---
If you know the game well, if you know what to and when to do it (if you have good game sense, which is a skill), you should win most of the games. Therefore if you have skill you will win meaning that BedWars is a skill based game.

Unawarely

The Pika
"skill - ability to do something well" (Google)
Can we agree that if you're good at BedWars you can win? Hopefully. Therefore it is a skill based game. I will explain this a bit more tho.
I fought countless high ping players, and it is true that they usually win regular bridge fights, however normal PVP is harder for them because less of their hits register and they register 2 seconds later. I have 35 ping (not high at all) and I win a lot of bridge fights against laggy players. Why? Because I'm better at the game than them. Manipulating block placements is crucial in bridge fights, if you know how to do it well (which is a skill) you can get 1-2 hits on your opponent on a bridge while he can't even hit you, making it impossible for him to survive. You can't use your opponent's ping as an excuse for losing.
CPS is a part of PVP (knowing how to PVP well is a skill), so that's out of discussion.
Everything has been already said about hackers so no need to repeat.
---
If you know the game well, if you know what to and when to do it (if you have good game sense, which is a skill), you should win most of the games. Therefore if you have skill you will win meaning that BedWars is a skill based game.
Or just the fact that this thread is so stupid and it's so obviously skill based noone should have responded

OP
OP
JerryMine

JerryMine

The Pika
Or just the fact that this thread is so stupid and it's so obviously skill based noone should have responded

CPS do is a skill, but look, how many players you would not know out there using macros and autoclickers instead? These lead to awkward situations such as players blatantly building bridges without the usage of crouch. Not everyone you meet is a legitimate player, and even worse, some have been using ghost mode clients.

Furthermore, the latency between each players. As i mentioned earlier, if you and your opponent's wifi suck ass, you two will run through each other in your screen, somehow *teleport* behind them. This is not a normal situation and you had to spin 180 degree which if your wifi is good, you don't have to do that. Fast wifi players also have longer reach than laggers. The laggers usually find themselves getting combo-ed up and could not hit their opponent even if they are in 3 block distance.

Lastly please stop cussing just because my opinion is incorrect. Therefore this thread is a discussion, not a random stupid thing you came up with.

I have 35 ping (not high at all) and I win a lot of bridge fights against laggy players. Why? Because I'm better at the game than them.
The reason is obvious, you had fast wifi. You already mentioned earlier, laggers usually register hits harder than fast wifi, and that is already a disadvantage to them. That just means your register is faster than them and they receive their first hit earlier than actually attacking you. Then, the same situations keep on going, you as a fast wifi player kept an distance with him while comboing him up, which leads to a flawless win.

There are many reasons lagging is a disadvantage.

A well-known skill is to place a block in front of your opponent so he doesn't move. Fast wifi players register block placement faster, but then laggers usually have trouble doing that, and eventually fails the fight.

DreamyXero

Ultimate Legendary Pika
I can time my clicks and I would still be able to destroy the entire game.

Unawarely

The Pika
I can time my clicks and I would still be able to destroy the entire game.
No matter how well you time your clicks, if we have the same ping and straightline with no movement and no other variables, I'm going to knock you off