Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied OP SkyBlock Private Mine

Solonious3568

Pika Member
Minecraft username:
Solonious3568​

Suggestion:
Private Mine​

Detailed description:
What is a Private Mine?
A Private Mine (pmine) is a mine that gives exclusive access to it’s owner (and other player that are given permission). With the growing importance of mining and e-ores within the OpSkyblock economy and mostly island top, I believe that adding pmines would be a great addition.

How can Pmines be acquired?
Pmine can be bought in the goldshop or within seasonal keys/lootcrates. The player will receive a token (similair to the infinite chest) that can be claimed to acquire the pmine.

How does it work?
The mine can be accessed using a command like /pm go or /pm visit. It will have a default layout that’s smaller then the mines in /warp mine. This is needed in order to keep it balanced.

Using /pm settings different things can be changed about the mine. These need to be unlocked by upgrading the pmine. When claimed, the pmine won’t have any upgrades. These upgrades can be bought using e-ore blocks. This block is currently very underused and doesn’t really have a place in the economy, same can be said for minions, which are the main way of obtaining them. Using e-ore blocks as the way of upgrades will make minions more important in the economy, making more use of a feature which is currently almost forgotten about.

Features in /pm settings and their upgrades:
*All prices are just indications. When the suggestion is implemented, these can be changed to make it balanced within the economy.*

The ability to set the e-ores of the mine as:
- Tourmaline: unlocked by default.
- Silver: 50 silver blocks
- Topaz: 100 topaz blocks
- Sapphire: 200 sapphire blocks
- Ruby: 400 ruby blocks
- Aquamarine: 600 aquamarine blocks
- Jade: 800 jade blocks
- Opal: 1000 opal blocks

Respawn speed of e-ores (percentage is taken of the respawn speed in the normal mine).
The speed should be upgraded for each individual sort of e-ore. This can be made within the same menu as unlocking it. So the first “upgrade” is unlocking it, after that you can upgrade it’s respawn speed. This way players have to actually mine a certain e-ore to level it, instead of just mining one sort of e-ore to upgrade them all. Upgrade prices:
- 50% speed: unlocked by default.
- 60% speed: 100 blocks
- 70% speed: 200 blocks
- 80% speed 400 blocks
- 90% speed: 800 blocks
- 100% Speed: 1600 blocks

Respawn speed of mine mobs (percentage is taken of the respawn speed in the normal mine).
This percentage should have the option to still lower it once it’s upgraded. So upgrading it to a percentage just give you the option to use it. Each mob should be upgraded with it’s corresponding e-ore (example: Snow Creepers are unlocked with Silver, the e-ore in the corresponding mine). The mob that spawns is automatically changed depending on the currently chosen e-ore. Upgrade prices:
- 50% default speed: unlocked by default.
- 60% speed: 50 blocks
- 70% speed: 100 blocks
- 80% speed 200 blocks
- 90% speed: 400 blocks
- 100% Speed: 800 blocks

Bosses shouldn’t spawn automatically with a timer, since that could be unbalanced. The owner would have all the bossed for himself without doing anything. They should only spawn when the kill requirement is completed within the pmine (same requirement as /bosstimer). I believe this to be balanced as very few players have acces to the mine and will have to kill all the mobs, so it won’t be easy to spawn a boss. If the e-ore in the mine is changed, the requirement could just reset, since different bosses require different amounts of kills and converting this would be difficult.

Adding other players.
The owner can give other players access to his pmine using /pm add [name]. These players will then be able to visit the mine using /pm visit [name of owner]. When the status of the pmine is at Private, only the owner and added players can visit it. The mine can also be set to Public. Then every player can visit it. Using the command /pm list every player can see a list of all the public pmines.

The owner can set a Tax on his mine. When any player (except the owner himself) mines, the tax will automatically be transfered to the owner. The owner can claim this using a command like /tax claim. There should be an option to get the e-ores in your inventory, or to directly store them in the crystal.

Different tax percentages are unlocked by buying upgrades. The owner should be able to select the percentage (also lower ones, not just the highest unlocked). The upgrade prices:
- 0% Tax: unlocked by default.
- 2% Tax: 1000 taurmaline blocks
- 4% Tax: 1000 silver blocks
- 6% Tax: 1000 topaz blocks
- 8% Tax: 1000 sapphire blocks
- 10% Tax: 1000 ruby blocks
- 15% Tax: 1000 aquamarine blocks
- 20% Tax: 1000 jade blocks
- 25% Tax: 1000 opal blocks

*It should not be allowed to set your pmine to public, if the island you are in is competing for island top, for the same reason public grinders aren’t allowed (a form of boosting). For competing players, it should only be allowed to add island members to their pmine, no other players.*​

Reason(s):
What is the benefit of adding Pmines?
I think this will make the overall mining experience a lot more enjoyable and island top even more competetive. With how important e-ores are for island top, it’s almost always full. Especially since seasonal pickaxes like veinmeiner were added, the mines just end up being nearly empty with no ores in it, leaving barely anything for players to mine. This makes mining more a game of patience, and is an indirect nerf to the good pickaxes since they get less time to shine.
I think this suggestion has benefits over just simply increasing the amount of e-ores / their spawnrate in the current mine, since that could make the economy unbalanced for the moments that the amount of players in the mines is less. Pmines would also add another layer of customization in your strategy, aswell as making minions a more used feature as mentioned before.

I expect complains of this suggestion supporting Pay-2-Win. However, I think that this addition would also help free-to-play greatly, since this would reduce the amount of players in the mine. Most e-ores are mined by players competing for island top using seasonal pickaxes. These players will also be most likely to purchase a pmine. This will make the ‘normal mines’ less full, leaving more space for free-to-play players to mine.​

Example(s):
Examples for upgrade prices given within the description. These can be deviated from with the implementation.​

MadGalaxy

Just one thing I'd like to add players who are added in the pmine should be the same level needed to mine that e ore. For example if a pmine has aquamarine the players mining in that pmine should atleast be level 60 and same with the rest of the e ores. (kinda common sense but eh)

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Member
Just one thing I'd like to add players who are added in the pmine should be the same level needed to mine that e ore. For example if a pmine has aquamarine the players mining in that pmine should atleast be level 60 and same with the rest of the e ores. (kinda common sense but eh)
Yeah, very good point. Forgot to mention that. This will make sure players still need to do levels.

Tihispap

Great Reporter
Such addition will promote on a higher level the p2w (Pay to Win) character of the gamemode.
I am staying neutral on this one.

Best regards,
Tihispap

Discord : Tihispap
Email : [email protected]
In-Game : master_45
Great Reporter | (Since 18/6/2021)
Trial | (1/6/2021- 8/7/2021)

Pika Nerd (8/2/2023 - 23/9/2023)
Nerder (23/9/23 - 14/11/2023)
Nerderator (Since 14/11/2023)
SkyKing - Classic SkyBlock
SkyKing - OP SkyBlock

Silver - Practice
Hero - OP Factions
Smurgler - OP Prison
Titan - Minigames

ASSASSINX

Ultimate Legendary Pika
This would ruin the game very much.
  • P2w players will pay money to PPL and add them in their private mines or buy private mines andine ores.
  • They can buy multiple mines via alts and grind more ores, this will ruin the balance for comp. As now f2p won't have a 0.0000001% chance to even compete .
  • They will have their own bosses and can grind lootboxes very easily (Ruby one that gives skips)
  • Like what do you expect islandts to have millions of crystal points on day 1 or smth?
  • Why make it like opp , mines were meant to be a challenge/competition between players for exclusive ores that were found there.

ASSASSINX

Ultimate Legendary Pika
As you said in this that comp islands players would have to make their mines public but what about alts (lvl 1 ) who own a private mine ???.

You should have suggesting adding more mines but private mine will just ruin the gamemode.

Also the eore respawn????
That's completely broken feature, 😕
Now you have to wait for them to respawn but 100% , you could just run around with 4 players in one mine and get 100k ores/min.

You said bosses like /bosstimer

• Just make your mine public
  • ask PPL to come
  • ,they kill mobs
  • close mine
  • kill boss
  • open again
Easy and no one will complain as they get some free ores.

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Member
This would ruin the game very much.
  • P2w players will pay money to PPL and add them in their private mines or buy private mines andine ores.
  • They can buy multiple mines via alts and grind more ores, this will ruin the balance for comp. As now f2p won't have a 0.0000001% chance to even compete .
  • They will have their own bosses and can grind lootboxes very easily (Ruby one that gives skips)
  • Like what do you expect islandts to have millions of crystal points on day 1 or smth?
  • Why make it like opp , mines were meant to be a challenge/competition between players for exclusive ores that were found there.
• I don't see how adding pmines to an alt would be a problem.
• The current veinmeiner makes island top P2W. Players with it can mine all ores, while F2P players get none. Adding pmine would reduce the amount of players using veinmeiner in the 'normal' mines, giving F2P players more of a chance to mine.
• As I mentioned in my suggestion, bosses don't autospawn. Only after the kill requirement is completed. So spawning a boss in a pmine would be harder then normal, since you will have to do it with a limited amount of players. Pmine would be worse for lootbags then normal mines.
• The point of islands having milions of points on day 1 doesn't make any sence to me. They still have to mine the e-ores. It's not like they can AFK the pmine. So the increase of crystal points won't be that significant.
• Mines might have started as a competition between players for special ores, but now they play a really important part of island top. With seasonal pickaxes, the "challenge" between players is far gone. The player with the best pickaxe gets the ores, while the other player gets barely any. Like I said before, I believe this would reduce the amount of players using P2W pickaxes in normal mines, giving F2P players a chance to mine.

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Member
As you said in this that comp islands players would have to make their mines public but what about alts (lvl 1 ) who own a private mine ???.

You should have suggesting adding more mines but private mine will just ruin the gamemode.

Also the eore respawn????
That's completely broken feature, 😕
Now you have to wait for them to respawn but 100% , you could just run around with 4 players in one mine and get 100k ores/min.

You said bosses like /bosstimer

• Just make your mine public
  • ask PPL to come
  • ,they kill mobs
  • close mine
  • kill boss
  • open again
Easy and no one will complain as they get some free ores.
• I don't understand your first argument. I said that competing island can't set their pmine to public sincs it can be seen as a form of boosting (added this to make it less P2W/required for island top).
• Accounts can still only mine the ores that they have unlocked in level. So a level 1 alt would only be able to mine tourmaline. Sorry if I didn't mention this clear in the suggestion.
• Adding more mines won't solve anything. There will always be 1 or 2 mines that are better then the rest, so everyone just goes there. Adding more of the same mine won't work aswell. Top islands will just occupy multiple mines at the same time (one player with a good pickaxe is enough to clear a mine). This would hugely inflate the amount of ores in the economy.
• I feel like you didn't fully understand what I mean with the e-ores respawn rate. This is a % of the current mines. So the current mines have 100%. So this respawn rate is a nerf to pmine, since it starts at 50% (only half the ores that the normal mines have). Even when fully upgraded, it's 100% (the same, never more), which would still make pmine worse then normal mine because of the smaller layout I mentioned.
• I doubt players will come help kill mobs if they don't get to kill the boss. If they are fine with that, they could do it in normal mines aswell. Plus, competing islands won't even be allowed to set it to public and do this.

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Member
Such addition will promote on a higher level the p2w (Pay to Win) character of the gamemode.
I am staying neutral on this one.

Best regards,
Tihispap

Discord : Tihispap
Email : [email protected]
In-Game : master_45
Great Reporter | (Since 18/6/2021)
Trial | (1/6/2021- 8/7/2021)

Pika Nerd (8/2/2023 - 23/9/2023)
Nerder (23/9/23 - 14/11/2023)
Nerderator (Since 14/11/2023)
SkyKing - Classic SkyBlock
SkyKing - OP SkyBlock

Silver - Practice
Hero - OP Factions
Smurgler - OP Prison
Titan - Minigames
Could you give reasons as to why this is P2W? I understand the whole point of it being in goldshop, so I know it gives an advantage. But there are a lot of benefits for F2P players aswell when this is added. Personally I feel this evens out.

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Member
Why make it like opp , mines were meant to be a challenge/competition between players for exclusive ores that were found there.
It works really well in OpPrison, so I don't see why it couldnt be added in a balanced way to OpSkyblock.

ZyroEU

Pika Lover
This is a great feature in OpPrison which is meant for mining. I dont see why this is needed in the Skyblock game mode.

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Member
This is a great feature in OpPrison which is meant for mining. I dont see why this is needed in the Skyblock game mode
Because mining is an essential part of the current economy. The whole island top and level are based around it. Players spend more time mining then grinding mobs or farming.

ASSASSINX

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Could you give reasons as to why this is P2W? I understand the whole point of it being in goldshop, so I know it gives an advantage. But there are a lot of benefits for F2P players aswell when this is added. Personally I feel this evens out.
From your pov ,
Eores are very imp as a factor comp island as only 475000 spawners can be placed and eores determine the placement of islands.

If pm are added then anyone can buy the pm.

Imagine player buying 1 pm from one alt acc and then using multiple accs or autominer to mine ores 24*7 .

Then what ??

What will be the future of opskyblock , every island has like 100k eores on the end of 1st day.

ASSASSINX

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Because mining is an essential part of the current economy. The whole island top and level are based around it. Players spend more time mining then grinding mobs or farming.
That's exactly I'm trying to say , mining is essential as there is competition to mine ores between players (even tho vein miner is completely broken).
If pm are added themln mining won't be a part of economy anymore and this will make economy 2 sided( THE RICH and THE POOR).

ASSASSINX

Ultimate Legendary Pika
That's exactly I'm trying to say , mining is essential as there is competition to mine ores between players (even tho vein miner is completely broken).
If pm are added themln mining won't be a part of economy anymore and this will make economy 2 sided( THE RICH and THE POOR).
OpPrison is about mining but opskyblock is about grinding.

Pm are too broken for the gamemode itself.

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Member
From your pov ,
Eores are very imp as a factor comp island as only 475000 spawners can be placed and eores determine the placement of islands.

If pm are added then anyone can buy the pm.

Imagine player buying 1 pm from one alt acc and then using multiple accs or autominer to mine ores 24*7 .

Then what ??

What will be the future of opskyblock , every island has like 100k eores on the end of 1st day.
You can't use multiple accounts at the same time? And if you could, that is possible with the current mines.
Autominer is an illegal modification that results in a ban when used.
Adding pmine won't make it so island have insane amounts of e-ores really fast: they still have to complete the levels to unlock the ore, then buy the upgrade to unlock it in their pmine. By that time, most other islands should have the mines unlocked aswell, so the benefit isn't as big.

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Member
Pmine will give the F2P players (which you refer to as Poor) more of a chance to mine. The addition would be helpfull for F2P players. As someone who uses veinmeiner, I get constant complains of F2P players trying to do level, since I mine all the ores. I would like to let them do level in peace, but I got no other choice then to mine all the ores in the mine (since I need them for island top) so they are left with nothing. If I were to have a pmine, I could mine there, so F2P players could mine in the 'normal' mines for level in peace.