Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Global Permanent Ban for 'aDvErTiSiNg'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keanz

Pika Lover
Minecraft Username
Mrkean908 / Keanz

Suggestion:
Permanent Ban for 'aDvErTiSiNg'

Detailed description:
For some time now, the rule of mentioning a servers name has become bannable. For example, if a player says "Come to play.example.net for a good factions experience", they should be banned right? They are purposely trying to lore multiple players onto their server, intending to steal the networks players. Then there is someone saying - in an argument/trash talking with another player and they need to settle this so one player says "1v1 me on example" which is far different than the first example I used. In most cases the abbreviation of the server is used, for example 'mmc'.

This rule that's been implemented should be re-looked at and i'm sure many players will agree with me on this and if not removed then the punishments should be changed to a warn first so players actually know its not allowed. Most rules that are implemented on pika is kept lowkey and just updated on the forums and maybe even the discord. However, not everyone is active on those so not everyone will know. When a new rule is set in place it should be made pretty clear that its in place.

Being an experienced pvper and practice player, I can tell you that the practice on pika is terrible. The knockback is messed up and so is the hit detection. I also know how easy it is to fix both of those things as I have my own server in development with its own practice.

If players use the abbreviations of servers and the other player doesn't know what it is, then its most likely they dont know the server, but in most cases players are asking other players to 1v1 them on known servers, servers that are way bigger than Pika-Network. So they aren't stealing any players from pika if the servers already known. There are servers that are more PvP focused and a lot better to actually see who's the better player.

These players that are unintentionally 'advertising' are being permanently banned by staff and in order to come back, they must buy an unban for 30euros which is unfair.

Let me know your thoughts on this in the comments of this thread.​

Reason(s):
N/A​

Example(s):

TheSavior

Banned
+1
a permanent ban for saying come mmc to 1v1 shouldn't be worth a perm ban

JerryMine

The Pika
mentioning a server name = light advertising
giving out server ip address IN ANY FORM = perm ban

ez fix

1MiDo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
-1 because there is many servers if u said the name of it so u said the full IP because it being play.[name].net/.com so the player have just to add play. and .net or .com to the server name to get the IP of the server

core2h

-1 because there is many servers if u said the name of it so u said the full IP because it being play.[name].net/.com so the player have just to add play. and .net or .com to the server name to get the IP of the server
stfu with ur rules, if u know all rules, then shut up and play with rules for urself. Pika has Trash rules, they cant make normal rules , with all players would agree. There are so sht rules on this server... That is like in Jail or smth... They toke rules from Jail or smth 1000% xD.

MouraThat

Veteran
stfu with ur rules, if u know all rules, then shut up and play with rules for urself. Pika has Trash rules, they cant make normal rules , with all players would agree. There are so sht rules on this server... That is like in Jail or smth... They toke rules from Jail or smth 1000% xD.
That's not really the point though -.-

1MiDo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
if u donot like rules so why are u still playing in this server ?:unsure:

Unawarely

The Pika
Minecraft Username
Mrkean908 / Keanz

Suggestion:
Permanent Ban for 'aDvErTiSiNg'

Detailed description:
For some time now, the rule of mentioning a servers name has become bannable. For example, if a player says "Come to play.example.net for a good factions experience", they should be banned right? They are purposely trying to lore multiple players onto their server, intending to steal the networks players. Then there is someone saying - in an argument/trash talking with another player and they need to settle this so one player says "1v1 me on example" which is far different than the first example I used. In most cases the abbreviation of the server is used, for example 'mmc'.

This rule that's been implemented should be re-looked at and i'm sure many players will agree with me on this and if not removed then the punishments should be changed to a warn first so players actually know its not allowed. Most rules that are implemented on pika is kept lowkey and just updated on the forums and maybe even the discord. However, not everyone is active on those so not everyone will know. When a new rule is set in place it should be made pretty clear that its in place.

Being an experienced pvper and practice player, I can tell you that the practice on pika is terrible. The knockback is messed up and so is the hit detection. I also know how easy it is to fix both of those things as I have my own server in development with its own practice.

If players use the abbreviations of servers and the other player doesn't know what it is, then its most likely they dont know the server, but in most cases players are asking other players to 1v1 them on known servers, servers that are way bigger than Pika-Network. So they aren't stealing any players from pika if the servers already known. There are servers that are more PvP focused and a lot better to actually see who's the better player.

These players that are unintentionally 'advertising' are being permanently banned by staff and in order to come back, they must buy an unban for 30euros which is unfair.

Let me know your thoughts on this in the comments of this thread.

Reason(s):
N/A

Example(s):
You are literally saying come to (insert server name) whether this is to 1v1, play, or anything, you are doing the same thing as " For example, if a player says "Come to play.example.net for a good factions experience", they should be banned right?" the only difference is they are saying the server ip and you aren't.
I would give a -1 to that reasoning, as it is wrong, but I do think that the rules for advertising can be a little different. For example, saying come to (insert server name) without an ip is a week ban, 3 week ban, perm ban. Saying come to (server name).net is a permanent ban because not only does it tell you to go to another server, it gives exact directions how to.

JerryMine

The Pika
You are literally saying come to (insert server name) whether this is to 1v1, play, or anything, you are doing the same thing as " For example, if a player says "Come to play.example.net for a good factions experience", they should be banned right?" the only difference is they are saying the server ip and you aren't.
I would give a -1 to that reasoning, as it is wrong, but I do think that the rules for advertising can be a little different. For example, saying come to (insert server name) without an ip is a week ban, 3 week ban, perm ban. Saying come to (server name).net is a permanent ban because not only does it tell you to go to another server, it gives exact directions how to.
That one you tried to mention is called Light Advertising. just check jartex's forums lmfao

Unawarely

The Pika
That one you tried to mention is called Light Advertising. just check jartex's forums lmfao
Ok? But why are you redirecting me to jartex forums. I was just mentioning the difference between saying mmc and mineman.club. In jartex there is light advertising I'm sure, but the entire staff team besides Owners is different and the rules are different why does jartex matter in a pika rule suggestion.

JerryMine

The Pika
Ok? But why are you redirecting me to jartex forums. I was just mentioning the difference between saying mmc and mineman.club. In jartex there is light advertising I'm sure, but the entire staff team besides Owners is different and the rules are different why does jartex matter in a pika rule suggestion.
nah jartex just have more detailed descripton than pikanetwork, it's not like pikanetwork doesn't show light advertising rule and that means that it is not part of advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.